Team Japan

5 hours ago, Anni said:

Good luck with 3A :smiley-angelic001:

I really don't think it's a good idea in the Olympic season if it is not completely ready for competition :( If she goes clean in both of her programs without 3A she'd get a good score but if she will go for 3A which will be called by the TP and/or she falls from it often she'll lose a lot with it.

1 hour ago, sallycinnamon said:

I really don't think it's a good idea in the Olympic season if it is not completely ready for competition :( If she goes clean in both of her programs without 3A she'd get a good score but if she will go for 3A which will be called by the TP and/or she falls from it often she'll lose a lot with it.

In the GP series she might get to the podium without 3A but Olympics? I don't think so...  Maybe she wants to medal in Beijing and her attitude in this regard is "all or nothing"?  But you are probably right that she has lots to lose especially that her results must be good enough to go to the OWG in the first place.

Finally! JSF are waking up from their slumber, and realizing how far some of the skaters have dropped in world rankings. I'm happy for these three who now have a good chance to earn some WS points. Fingers crossed for Mako and Yuuna, too. And my favorite Tomoe.

Now, the ones with 1 GP assignment - Kao, Sota, Yuhana, Mai - also deserve a Challenger, or a B event. Preferrably a challenger to get one more chance to earn a SB. Mai has a solid chance of landing in top 8 at her GP due to a weak field, but I'm not sure about the other three. They have tough fields, especially the boys as Yuhana may compete without two of the Russian ladies present if they don't get visa. Which also means there may be additional Russian men (along with their sky high PCS) at Skate Canada, so... yup, Sota is very much in need of a Challenger to earn points. If JSF can enter these skaters in CS Poland, they should. Except for Kao of course who is at NHK and thus can't go.

3 hours ago, sweetwater said:

Yuma Kagiyama, Shun Sato, Rika Kihira, Kaori Sakamoto, and the team KoKo will compete in Asian Open Trophy.

ETA: Kao Miura, Sena Miyake, Mai Mihara, and Mana Kawabe are also on the entry list as substitutes

https://results.isu.org/events/fsevent00110972.htm

To be honest I was hoping a little bit that Yuzu will compete. He will have his reasons, I accept his decision. :yes:

But of course I am happy for the other skaters who will participate.

3 hours ago, surimi said:

Finally! JSF are waking up from their slumber, and realizing how far some of the skaters have dropped in world rankings. I'm happy for these three who now have a good chance to earn some WS points. Fingers crossed for Mako and Yuuna, too. And my favorite Tomoe.

Now, the ones with 1 GP assignment - Kao, Sota, Yuhana, Mai - also deserve a Challenger, or a B event. Preferrably a challenger to get one more chance to earn a SB. Mai has a solid chance of landing in top 8 at her GP due to a weak field, but I'm not sure about the other three. They have tough fields, especially the boys as Yuhana may compete without two of the Russian ladies present if they don't get visa. Which also means there may be additional Russian men (along with their sky high PCS) at Skate Canada, so... yup, Sota is very much in need of a Challenger to earn points. If JSF can enter these skaters in CS Poland, they should. Except for Kao of course who is at NHK and thus can't go.

TBH, not to defend JSF or anything but a lot of people seem to jump to the conclusion about JSF not planning to send its senior skaters to challengers or other international comps way too early.

Let's leave all the complaints or whatever until the season is over. Those who do not go to the Olys might as well get comps elsewhere, we just don't know that. 

JSF sucks big time with their weirdo politics and blowing up their juniors' seasons, tho, that I can give you. 

6 minutes ago, Melodie said:

TBH, not to defend JSF or anything but a lot of people seem to jump to the conclusion about JSF not planning to send its senior skaters to challengers or other international comps way too early.

Let's leave all the complaints or whatever until the season is over. Those who do not go to the Olys might as well get comps elsewhere, we just don't know that. 

JSF sucks big time with their weirdo politics and blowing up their juniors' seasons, tho, that I can give you. 

Well for me it's more about fervent wishing than complaining at this point :P 

2 hours ago, sweetwater said:

Yuma Kagiyama, Shun Sato, Rika Kihira, Kaori Sakamoto, and the team KoKo will compete in Asian Open Trophy.

ETA: Kao Miura, Sena Miyake, Mai Mihara, and Mana Kawabe are also on the entry list as substitutes

https://results.isu.org/events/fsevent00110972.htm

This should be a walk in the park for the singles' skaters from Team Japan so if they flop, well, JSF better watches out. 

But also, what a pity if it loses its Challenger status. 

1 hour ago, Melodie said:

Tell that to Ayaka, who FOR MONTHS begged JSF for one stupid competition, not even a challenger, before it was too late. Saki recently started to attempt 3a. I wonder if she will end like that too. And Saki is better skater than Ayaka (tho in her case I don't believe she ever managed to rotate it).

With exception of Ryuju and Mitsuki, JSF didn't send any non-GP skaters to challengers since 2017. 4 years. And even back then it was just a handful of people. How many skaters do you think never got their chance when there was opportunity? Look how many skaters Korea sends, even when they don't have potential to score well.

And reminder that in July JSF did not plan to send anybody to November challengers.

So it took whole pandemy and unusual small number of skaters qualifying for GP for them to move ther a:censor:es and give ONE do-or-die chance to 3 skaters? And I'm supposed to be grateful for still less than bare minimum?!

51 minutes ago, Paskud said:

Tell that to Ayaka, who FOR MONTHS begged JSF for one stupid competition, not even a challenger, before it was too late. Saki recently started to attempt 3a. I wonder if she will end like that too. And Saki is better skater than Ayaka (tho in her case I don't believe she ever managed to rotate it).

With exception of Ryuju and Mitsuki, JSF didn't send any non-GP skaters to challengers since 2017. 4 years. And even back then it was just a handful of people. How many skaters do you think never got their chance when there was opportunity? Look how many skaters Korea sends, even when they don't have potential to score well.

And reminder that in July JSF did not plan to send anybody to November challengers.

So it took whole pandemy and unusual small number of skaters qualifying for GP for them to move ther a:censor:es and give ONE do-or-die chance to 3 skaters? And I'm supposed to be grateful for still less than bare minimum?!

It was indeed so bad in the previous years; I shoulda add that.

For this year, I would still say let's wait. Unlikely that JSF will get significantly better because history's proved that they suck. Still, let's see how it unfolds.

But.... with that being said, I'm so ready to chop off JSF if they don''t move their idiotic a***** and do more things that make sense soon....