I don't really see what an athletic programme will look like- skate from one end to the other,jump, rinse and repeat? Are spins athletic or artistic? Ina Bauer, hydroblade, lunge?  Will an 'artistic' programme be purely skating skills? Where will ice dance fit in?  This sounds like change for the sake of it.  Pity the skaters and coaches don't have representatives on the governing body.  Pity they don't educate their judges properly and deploy the full range of tech support that's available to them.  Pity they don't make the free longer - if I recall it used to be 5 mins- that would give some time for artistic freedom.  

I could go on but I'm sure you can fill the rest in yourselves.:smiley-angry013:

at this rate I'll be retiring as a spectator when YH retires

ISU is dumb and doesn't understand the issue at all so they're trying to patch up by making the most brainless decisions ever.

Want to bridge the artistic and the technical? Let's separate them and have our skaters struggle with which one to focus on for a medal! And that is without even knowing what an 'artistic' program would be like.

If ISU wants to change how artistic programs are balanced to the high TES, they should teach their judges not be afraid to give max GOE to triples not named 3A that meet all the bullets, to actually obey GOE rules on quads, and not make high PCS a consequence of how many quads you have and lower them on anyone without a quad, no matter how good their SS or interpretation might be. 

2 minutes ago, Sombreuil said:

I don't really see what an athletic programme will look like- skate from one end to the other,jump, rinse and repeat? Are spins athletic or artistic? Ina Bauer, hydroblade, lunge?  Will an 'artistic' programme be purely skating skills? Where will ice dance fit in?  This sounds like change for the sake of it.  Pity the skaters and coaches don't have representatives on the governing body.  Pity they don't educate their judges properly and deploy the full range of tech support that's available to them.  Pity they don't make the free longer - if I recall it used to be 5 mins- that would give some time for artistic freedom.  

I could go on but I'm sure you can fill the rest in yourselves.:smiley-angry013:

at this rate I'll be retiring as a spectator when YH retires

it's gonna be an 8 jump sequence from one side of the rink to the other for the technical program and back to compulsive figures for the artistic program :laughing:

1 hour ago, cirelle said:

Have you guys seen the Icenetwork article on the (pre) propsals for lowered BVs? http://www.icenetwork.com/news/2017/09/11/253667206

“One of the reasons quads have become so valuable, Ade believes, is judges being overly generous with the GOEs they award for the jump.

"I haven't seen anyone with intricate steps or connections into a quad," she said. "The bullet points for GOE are not adhered to for quads."”

At least, we have this...you forget Yuzu... (How do you quote???)

The reduction is...really bad...3A :sadPooh:is there a way for people to complain about their proposal??? They just submit whatever they want???

considering the bv of future 4A, is it more possible for us to see a Yolo 4A in Milan?:10636614:

One of the reasons quads have become so valuable, Ade believes, is judges being overly generous with the GOEs they award for the jump.

"I haven't seen anyone with intricate steps or connections into a quad," she said. "The bullet points for GOE are not adhered to for quads."

I guess the purple of the pants was too glaring so it blinded some people. 

I actually don't disagree with their GOE for quads point, but LOL.

1 minute ago, SSS said:

considering the bv of future 4A, is it more possible for us to see a Yolo 4A in Milan?:10636614:

I was actually thinking the same, there needs at least one 15 point 4A from Yuzu. :snonegai: But a bit weird how the 4Lo takes a bigger point reduction than the Flip. And the 4A's is sooo much bigger than any of the others.

Just now, cirelle said:

I was actually thinking the same, there needs at least one 15 point 4A from Yuzu. :snonegai: But a bit weird how the 4Lo takes a bigger point reduction than the Flip. And the 4A's is sooo much bigger than any of the others.

maybe it's all an elaborate ploy to nerf Yuzu's points, time to learn that quad flip I guess :crazyshit2:

the system in place now works - in theory. if judges were harsh on manipulation of the system; excessive backloading for a higher technical score (and still receiving high composition marks), looking at only the height and landing flow of a jump and giving it a +2 or a +3 even though it doesnt satisfy six of the bullet points, tanos and rippons being used flippantly to ramp up the goe at the sake of making the jump smaller and more laboured and therefore satisfying less of the bullet points for goe in actuality, there are plenty of other things that come to mind too, lol. if these things were actually penalised, and pcs was judged properly and not just given by reputation and technical ability of the skater, then there wouldn't have been a call for change in the way that programs are scored.

9 minutes ago, cirelle said:

I feel like they are on purpose...not happy..not...

17 minutes ago, cirelle said:

WTF a quad axel is so much harder than a quad lutz (similarly to a triple axel being that much harder than a triple lutz, just look at the ladies). I can't with this, 12.5 points?! 1 point higher than a 4Lz?! That jump should be worth 20.......