Just now, xeyra said:

That sounds like a good recipe for injury but it seems to work for them? 

I thought Nate already had one injured knee that took him out for a season? So yeah, recipe for injury. I'm not a fan of it personally based on that information, it just seems inefficient. 

1 minute ago, Xen said:

I thought Nate already had one injured knee that took him out for a season? So yeah, recipe for injury. I'm not a fan of it personally based on that information, it just seems inefficient. 

I honestly don't know what kind of work goes into stamina training in most sports so I don't know if this is normal or not.

10 minutes ago, xeyra said:

I honestly don't know what kind of work goes into stamina training in most sports so I don't know if this is normal or not.

Nor do I, but that sounds rather old fashioned- it's basically just hammering away on the rink for hours in effect.

23 minutes ago, ralucutzagy said:

Xeyra, please, can you tell me the value of 3A2Lo ... is bigger then 3A2T isn't it? 

Go up. While the -2Lo does bring a small increase, when you check out the -3Lo you see the point. From 9.8 to 13.6. 

@Neenah yes, 1.5hr actually. 

Effective training =/= long hours. That is indeed old school, as @Sombreuil mentioned. It's been proven long ago that long hours mean diddly and only lead to overwork and burnout/injuries. Effective training can be much shorter, with greater benefits. That Raf thing sounds ... not good. 

45 minutes ago, kaeryth said:

For some reason I got the feeling Brian had a hand in this because Yuzu's not one to do -Lo combos. I'm just soooo glad that him and Brian seem to be on the same wavelength now (only took what? 5 years? Just in time for Pyeongchang /LOL/).

I honestly couldn't tell you, I'm sort of neutral on this one. The -3Lo combo has its drawbacks. Not just with the whole hips thing but the risk of doing it properly. So while it's an excellent BV boost, it's also a risk. I have no idea what Brian would think here, he sometimes tends to go with the safer option but then he might think it's still better than say fiddling with weird quad combos. And Yuzuru himself is obsessed with maximizing everything so it may have been his idea. So I'm sort of neutral. If he does end up doing it, maybe some day some journo will ask how it came about. 

2 minutes ago, Yatagarasu said:

I honestly couldn't tell you, I'm sort of neutral on this one. The -3Lo combo has its drawbacks. Not just with the whole hips thing but the risk of doing it properly. So while it's an excellent BV boost, it's also a risk. I have no idea what Brian would think here, he sometimes tends to go with the safer option but then he might think it's still better than say fiddling with weird quad combos. And Yuzuru himself is obsessed with maximizing everything so it may have been his idea. So I'm sort of neutral. If he does end up doing it, maybe some day some journo will ask how it came about. 

Yuzu & Brian should co-write about their strategies going to Pyeongchang. It would be such an interesting read!

24 minutes ago, Yatagarasu said:

Go up. While the -2Lo does bring a small increase, when you check out the -3Lo you see the point. From 9.8 to 13.6. 

@Neenah yes, 1.5hr actually. 

Effective training =/= long hours. That is indeed old school, as @Sombreuil mentioned. It's been proven long ago that long hours mean diddly and only lead to overwork and burnout/injuries. Effective training can be much shorter, with greater benefits. That Raf thing sounds ... not good. 

Well we don't know if that Raf thing is true or not, since we don't train with Raf. It might be hearsay. I checked out Nate's ISU profile and it only lists about 30 hrs/week low season, and 23/week during high season. Which doesn't sound that bad (Medvedeva lists hers as 40 hr/week).  

About Brian and Yuzu, when are they going to translate and publish Brian's book in English? 

As happy as I am to hear Javi is seriously training the 4Lo about time, seeing this field I'm still baffled at his insistence on the 3Lz3T3Lo combo. That -3Lo is already the bane of my existence XD

Agree with everyone on the effective vs longer training issue. Yes, you increase stamina by pushing at your limits, but piling work on an already tired body day after day can't be good...