What are some of the best competitions to watch in which Yuzu participated?

I've watched all of his programs at all competitions on their own. I'd like to go and see the full competitions that had some of the best fights, competitions which were sort of unpredictable.

I've just started watching the 2018 Olympics SP in full, so PyeongChang is already covered.

7 hours ago, LiaRy said:

What are some of the best competitions to watch in which Yuzu participated?

I've watched all of his programs at all competitions on their own. I'd like to go and see the full competitions that had some of the best fights, competitions which were sort of unpredictable.

I've just started watching the 2018 Olympics SP in full, so PyeongChang is already covered.

The 2017 Worlds free skate for sure!

• 3 weeks later...
On 5/30/2022 at 5:55 AM, NattyTashi said:

Apologies but I was not able to find this answer elsewhere: - by when in the year do ISU competitors have to decide if they are competing in the 2022–23 figure skating season?

If by season you mean GP series, then until GP assignments meeting and announcement. We never know when exactly it will be, but probably second half of June.

Guest turquoiseblue

:huh:

Valieva B sample not yet tested and investigation "work in progress", admits new ISU President Kim
Inside the Games
10 June 2022

New International Skating Union (ISU) President Kim Jae-youl has said Kamila Valieva's B sample is yet to be tested and the case remains "a work in progress".

When asked whether he or the ISU had received any further information from the World Anti-Doping Agency about Valieva, Kim simply replied: "We have not."

Kim instead stressed that "we need to do everything we can to protect and develop our athletes".

The Russian Anti-Doping Agency has been given until August 8 - six months from the time it was informed of Valieva's positive test - to investigate it and reach a decision on punishment.

Any decision could then face legal challenges at the Court of Arbitration for Sport.

Kim, the 12th ISU President, also faced questions over the organisation's stance on Russia, after the Congress voted to extend the suspension of Russian and Belarusian athletes from international competitions but allowed officials from the two countries to stand in elections.

"The ISU will stick to the decision made by Congress," Kim said.

7 hours ago, NattyTashi said:

I don't know anything about new (ISU) President Kim Jae-youl.  Any input as to his stance on the  judging corruption, and what is his view on our Yuzu?

He is from speed skating so I don't think he cares.

Did anyone watch the Russian Channel One comp for Russian skaters?

The competition had a separate event called 'Jump Festival'

There has been a bit of debate recently about whether singles event might and up being split into an artistic programme and jumping programme or even to have these as discreet events

If anyone did have chance to see this novel jumping festival, out of interest, please could you kindly describe the format, judging, scoring criteria. There isn't any information turning up from internet searching so far

Many thanks

3 часа назад, Perelandra сказал:

Did anyone watch the Russian Channel One comp for Russian skaters?

The competition had a separate event called 'Jump Festival'

There has been a bit of debate recently about whether singles event might and up being split into an artistic programme and jumping programme or even to have these as discreet events

If anyone did have chance to see this novel jumping festival, out of interest, please could you kindly describe the format, judging, scoring criteria. There isn't any information turning up from internet searching so far

Many thanks

Last year the scoring system was 6.0. Skaters jumped solo jump, combo and then combo from 4-5 jumps. 1 attempt.

This year they judged jumps with the current system. The scores from each skater went to the team (as it was team competition). Of course, the scores were ridiculous.

Novice skaters in Russia have three days of competition (don’t know if  other countries have similar system). The first day - only jumping competition. The second - SP, the third - FP. During jumping competition they jump solo jump and combo (2-3 attempts (don’t remember), the best attempt is counted). This system may work in adults and there is no benefit to jumpers if they have poor PCS (of course, if the judging is fair) 

1 hour ago, Luminous said:

Last year the scoring system was 6.0. Skaters jumped solo jump, combo and then combo from 4-5 jumps. 1 attempt.

This year they judged jumps with the current system. The scores from each skater went to the team (as it was team competition). Of course, the scores were ridiculous.

Novice skaters in Russia have three days of competition (don’t know if  other countries have similar system). The first day - only jumping competition. The second - SP, the third - FP. During jumping competition they jump solo jump and combo (2-3 attempts (don’t remember), the best attempt is counted). This system may work in adults and there is no benefit to jumpers if they have poor PCS (of course, if the judging is fair) 

Thank you kindly for your explanation. As this is quite a novel event I was interested to know the format, for my own education. 

Again many thanks

• 2 weeks later...