7 minutes ago, yuzuangel said:

This makes no sense. A skater could have great transitions and skating skills in practice if they don't do any jumps. But in competition they could take it all out in order to land the jumps...but they can get points for the transitions they did in practice? And competitions are competitions for a reason! Why not just have everyone do their run-throughs in private, record their best takes, and send it in for judging?

Basically the fact that skaters can use TES to control their own scores doesn't sit well with the ISU. They want to introduce as much bias as they possibly can into the judging. Got it.

I don't think it's final and it sounds like they are encouraging judges to check in at practice.

Which has both its good sides and the bad sides, bad side being the one you just mentioned. In some ways, I'm not surprised, because transitions are kind of being thrown under the bus in the men's already. Well actually, the way the move sounds, it's giving more prominance to TES, as the final deciding factor. And despite what the guidelines say, I bet small feds and a lot of east asian feds will get shafted if they dare use crossovers as transitions. :13877886:

9 minutes ago, Xen said:

Well actually, the way the move sounds, it's giving more prominance to TES, as the final deciding factor. And despite what the guidelines say, I bet small feds and a lot of east asian feds will get shafted if they dare use crossovers as transitions. :13877886:

Oh yes, you're right. Which is all fine and dandy right now for the US because they have someone who can land 6 quads in a free skate. But if they want someone with lower TES to win instead of someone from a small fed with higher TES that's fine too, they just need to utilize those new PCS and GOE scoring rules to give +5's and 10's to wonderful jumps landed in practice :13877886:

Just now, xeyra said:

There's also the reverse scenario: you get a preliminary score in transitions at practice and then get dinged on it if you miss any.

...that is a scary possibility I did not consider previously. Well that just balances out so skaters might as well don't show transitions at all in practice. You don't really gain or lose any benefit from jump-jump-jump in practice. Honestly, next season PCS might just be "So you wanna play politics..."

I alr sensed smt it isn't right when they decided to increase GOE range, with how freely GOEs are given now, wider range just gives way for more room and excuse to reward average/low quality jumps. Artistry balance my ass. But I'd keep my eyes wide open to see how Yuzu step on those BS to stand on top while ISU can stay as pressed as they want.

Just now, monchan said:

I alr sensed smt it isn't right when they decided to increase GOE range, with how freely GOEs they give now, wider range just gives way for more room and excuse to reward average/low quality jumps. Artistry balance my ass. But I'd keep my eyes wide open to see how Yuzu step on those BS to stand on top while ISU can stay as pressed as they want.

You know who is the GOAT when the governing body has to step in to make life difficult for you. =)

Nah, he'll probably just crash the new rules again, give him a season, or 2 and watch the rules come tumbling down around him like dominoes. Actually the guidelines applied really suck for all the TCC skaters, and the japanese skaters or east asian skaters in general. Not going to get rewarded enough for what is done on ice, but not a large enough fed to get away with less. :facepalm:

2 minutes ago, monchan said:

But I'd keep my eyes wide open to see how Yuzu step on those BS to stand on top while ISU can stay as pressed as they want.

I take it as karma, this is not the first time ISU has tried to topple Yuzu off the top but he has always stayed up there.:3: I'm just worried about all the low quality jumps and artificially high scores we'll have to endure, more so now than ever. I know Yuzu really loves the sport and I do too, it's horrible what it's turning into and how corrupt it has become. 

Well I still have some hope, at least these aren't set in stone yet.......