9 hours ago, xeyra said:

Yeah, some people at GS already complained about their methods back when they did the Ladies version. But it was still an interesting table for a general look at height and rotational speed, even if some errors. 

That Russian guy seems to me like he is applying a method to make Russian skaters better in average. For example, Polina's jumps are huge but not as huge as he made it to be. 

43 minutes ago, Xen said:

I went to the facebook page and there were only 8 comments. Not sure if I'm missing something, but there was never a hint about why Yuzu's 4Lz landing was unstable?

Compared to Boyang's the things that stand out to me are a) not as much distance; b) more pronounced tilt in the air (25 vs 16 degree body angle in air). So is the prognosis for Yuzu to increase distance or what to fix that tilt? 

Yuzuru's 4lz in practice is much better but I wonder if the fancam is enough for him to do an analysis. Or someone should send him the video of Yuzuru's first 4lz in practice that got recorded by Japanese media. I think it was a good angle. 

11 minutes ago, beki said:

Isn't Yuzu's 3Lz tilted too? Maybe just because he puts it at the end of his programs when he's tired. Forget quads, I remember the days that triple wasn't reliable! He's come far.

I think so, and there was a video where they showed how this 4Lz looked like from the back, and it had a pretty pronounced lean to his left side before he kind of whips it back to his right side to land. And that certainly wasn't there in the practice 4Lz he landed. Maybe it's just nerves. 

As for Boyang, the way he skated his SP at finlandia, the more he reminds me of certain Yuzu characteristics. So I hope he continues to work with Lori and polish up his basic skating skills. He does a LOT of work with his feet, and while not exactly Chan level of edges, he's very quick. The more I look at his Finlandia SP, the more I have an image of what type of music he can pull off (hint: something with Taiko drumming rhythm change based type of programs, less Turandot type ). Athleticism, if choreographed and exploited well, can also be artistic, not everything needs to reach Carmen levels of drama to be artistic. There are reasons why people haven't done taiko programs yet-it is tiring, and not everyone can keep pace with it. And it would be fun to watch. 

There's starting to be some interesting overlap where fans of Yuzu become fans who appreciate Boyang as well. Which wouldn't be immediately obvious. I think it's because if you look closely he's the younger skater following the Yuzu path. His artistry and PCS is very much a work in progress, but he's not given credit for his improvement. His first year senior he was a pure jumping bean with not so good skating skills and empty programs, but he's working on everything, not just quads.

2 minutes ago, beki said:

There's starting to be some interesting overlap where fans of Yuzu become fans who appreciate Boyang as well. Which wouldn't be immediately obvious. I think it's because if you look closely he's the younger skater following the Yuzu path. His artistry and PCS is very much a work in progress, but he's not given credit for his improvement. His first year senior he was a pure jumping bean with not so good skating skills and empty programs, but he's working on everything, not just quads.

Boyang has all the time do develop himself because... he is not pressured by the media hype and fan attention. I think somehow he knows that his best chance is 2022 and he does not have to rush (like the other guys). Everything needs time, especially when it comes to tangible skills. Many artists say they disliked how they play some music pieces when they're young (and yet people praised them for it). Only later in life, when they're more experienced, they finally can say "I understand it now." 

Just to barge in and say that when I watch Yuzuru's FS now, I have to pause the video and laugh when he pulls off those Axels. All the talk, all the issues some have, and there we have it - no prep, just bam, bam, two of them. I have to laugh. Brilliant. Yes, the 4Lz is great and he'll sort it out but those Axels. Heh.

6 hours ago, Murieleirum said:

At the Kiss and Cry, Rafael seemed happier than Nathan to discover that he won a Grand Prix series. I wonder if Nathan actually suffers a little from the environment that surrounds him. I don't see him as blind as he might seem. 

I thought the K&C moment was awkward cos Raf kept hugging Nathan, and Nathan kinda just got squished by him. I think Nathan knows the CoR gold isn't the big prize and that the media will use it to hype him further. I wonder how he's coping with the pressure and if that has any impact on if he chooses to retire after PC or not.

33 minutes ago, Yatagarasu said:

Just to barge in and say that when I watch Yuzuru's FS now, I have to pause the video and laugh when he pulls off those Axels. All the talk, all the issues some have, and there we have it - no prep, just bam, bam, two of them. I have to laugh. Brilliant. Yes, the 4Lz is great and he'll sort it out but those Axels. Heh.

I think it was Kurt who kept saying he was going into them with no speed at all and still landed them. Well, last 3A can be better. :biggrin:

12 hours ago, xeyra said:

4Lz analysis, now in video format. 

just noticed that Boyang is as tall as Yuzu now...

170cm is not enough for both of them, this video needs to be recalculated...we will see magic number.

4 hours ago, SSS said:

just noticed that Boyang is as tall as Yuzu now...

170cm is not enough for both of them, this video needs to be recalculated...we will see magic number.

The guy made the video said he would check out the 4lz Yuzuru did in practice from a fancam. Hopefully he will give out something soon.

Just now, meoima said:

The guy made the video said he would check out the 4lz Yuzuru did in practice from a fancam. Hopefully he will give out something soon.

Did he know both of them grow lol. Can't wait for new video!!!

15 hours ago, Yatagarasu said:

Sometimes you notice so much panic when a skater is setting up for a 3A and then there is our mister "Triple-axel-out-of-nowhere" :biggrin:

36 minutes ago, Smultron said:

Sometimes you notice so much panic when a skater is setting up for a 3A and then there is our mister "Triple-axel-out-of-nowhere" :biggrin:

Well, he can jump it out of a standstill. A couple of steps of prep is already more speed than necessary. :laughing:

17 hours ago, xeyra said:

I think it was Kurt who kept saying he was going into them with no speed at all and still landed them. Well, last 3A can be better. :biggrin:

Yulia commented on it too, she was impressed. I love when commentators actually explain that what he's doing is not easy. 

@Smultron indeed. Or I can go and get a cup of tea, and return, and they'll still be setting it up. It is difficult jump, I am not ragging on poor souls, but I do want more verbal acknowledgement for those who have a good 3A, or in his case, a fantastic one.

2 minutes ago, Yatagarasu said:

Yulia commented on it too, she was impressed. I love when commentators actually explain that what he's doing is not easy. 

@Smultron indeed. Or I can go and get a cup of tea, and return, and they'll still be setting it up. It is difficult jump, I am not ragging on poor souls, but I do want more verbal acknowledgement for those who have a good 3A, or in his case, a fantastic one.

Is there a transcript of Yulia's commentary? I really want to hear what she has to say.