16 minutes ago, Xen said:

Beg to differ  but switching choerographers too frequently does not work either. They could look into using different ones for different teams rather than shoving them all on one. And it is still possible that communication gaps exist between Lori and the skaters, it will take time to adapt on both sides. 

I still like the short programs Lori has given to boyang, and that she is trying to bring him out so to speak, as she got him to agree to do the spiderman last season.  I am not against a different choerographer for the long, but Shae or  Jeff might not work either, so the question is who does he go to? Tom Dickson, TAT? 

I agree with your first point. Sui/Han has made some of Lori's choreo work, but imo Boyang's FS that Lori choreographed are :facepalm:

That aside, I'd love to see Sui/Han and Dickson collab, and I can't believe I'm saying this name in a positive way, Morozov for Boyang

9 minutes ago, Anony said:

I agree with your first point. Sui/Han has made some of Lori's choreo work, but imo Boyang's FS that Lori choreographed are :facepalm:

That aside, I'd love to see Sui/Han and Dickson collab, and I can't believe I'm saying this name in a positive way, Morozov for Boyang

Morozov? :slinkaway:

How about Kenji Miyamoto instead, or even Sarah Kawahara?

19 minutes ago, Xen said:

Morozov? :slinkaway:

How about Kenji Miyamoto instead, or even Sarah Kawahara?

The reason I thought Morozov is bc his choreo is over the top, ridiculous, about as subtle as Averbukh(Radionova's Titanic) and I thought that could fit with Boyang pretty well, since he kind of has that the over the top charm.

1 hour ago, Anony said:

The reason I thought Morozov is bc his choreo is over the top, ridiculous, about as subtle as Averbukh(Radionova's Titanic) and I thought that could fit with Boyang pretty well, since he kind of has that the over the top charm.

over the top charm, but the recent interviews show that Boyang is starting to get serious, and that he is more subtle than Morozov would allow. TAT might work for him more than Morozov, or even Rohene Ward could work.

Just now, Xen said:

over the top charm, but the recent interviews show that Boyang is starting to get serious, and that he is more subtle than Morozov would allow. TAT might work for him more than Morozov, or even Rohene Ward could work.

If he improves his SS some more, I think TAT could definitely work. Actually him and Shae might be pretty good too

10 minutes ago, Anony said:

If he improves his SS some more, I think TAT could definitely work. Actually him and Shae might be pretty good too

Benoit Richaud? We might need a slightly more offbeat choerographer for him. But if Boyang goes with east asian music, I would prolly back Kenji Miyamoto to do it.

Though, I think it helps if the long term choerographer he works with can view his SS progress throughout the years. That Shae and Jeff are close to him is something that really benefits Yuzu. Boyang does not have that yet sadly.

4Lz-Yuzuru-Hanyu-Training-GP-Russia-2017

source

I feel like the height of 4lz is not right...both of them have wrong height (they are taller)? Why Nathan grows 1cm but Yuzu is shorter than Yuzu in 2014????

why is Nathan chen there, not Boyang...so propaganda... (welcome to quad lutz club is a bad subtitle)

31 minutes ago, SSS said:

source

I feel like the height of 4lz is not right...both of them have wrong height (they are taller)? Why Nathan grows 1cm but Yuzu is shorter than Yuzu in 2014????

why is Nathan chen there, not Boyang...so propaganda... (welcome to quad lutz club is a bad subtitle)

It was a fancam, so they might not have gotten all the frames they prefer, but it seems legit. Yuzu was far less tilted in the practice jump, and damn that distance....for a first attempt, it is stellar. Can you imagine what it will be like when it stabilizes for him?

1 hour ago, Xen said:

It was a fancam, so they might not have gotten all the frames they prefer, but it seems legit. Yuzu was far less tilted in the practice jump, and damn that distance....for a first attempt, it is stellar. Can you imagine what it will be like when it stabilizes for him?

Greater distance than the one at Rostelecom's FS but slightly less airtime and height too. Maybe rotation was faster? And yeah, less tilted. But I think Yuzu's Lutz has always been on the tilted forward side. His 3Lz sometimes gave him issues due to that.

2 hours ago, SSS said:

source

@SSS, I'm going to be blunt. There are things you can twist yourself over about within reason and others that you're just being a tad too high strung over. Nathan being part of this analysis is not something to be crying propaganda over, especially since there's been an analysis of Boyang's 4Lz before on their site. Taking issue with heights here is also a bit too much. If you're going to be treating every Nathan mention as propaganda, it's going to be a very problematic season for you. 

29 minutes ago, xeyra said:

Greater distance than the one at Rostelecom's FS but slightly less airtime and height too. Maybe rotation was faster? And yeah, less tilted. But I think Yuzu's Lutz has always been on the tilted forward side. His 3Lz sometimes gave him issues due to that.

I think in the main thread they had a video of the 4lz which showed it from the rear, and it actually tilted to his left side, so he had to jerk it harshly to the right to land it. Did not see this in the practice ones. 

Now I am curious how long his jump rotations were delayed in practice, and if that delay would affect his vertical forward tilt in the air.

You think he is at risk of hitting the boards?

Regardless of these, I wouldn't be shouting any stats to the rooftop as proof of much.  I know what my eyes tell me and watching both Nate and Boyang do several lutzes in the same spot at worlds for practice, there was no comparison.  Kolyada too even though he fell.  Boyang and Kolyada's are both wow moments. Nate's not so much. Yuzu's looks like a slightly less wow, but still a wow. 

1 hour ago, Danibellerika said:

Regardless of these, I wouldn't be shouting any stats to the rooftop as proof of much.  I know what my eyes tell me and watching both Nate and Boyang do several lutzes in the same spot at worlds for practice, there was no comparison.  Kolyada too even though he fell.  Boyang and Kolyada's are both wow moments. Nate's not so much. Yuzu's looks like a slightly less wow, but still a wow. 

And the guy who did the analysis also said the numbers depend quite a lot on the camera angles and so on. Unless we have a still view camera which doesn’t move along with the skaters and record from floor views, it’s impossible to compare just from several videos. For example I sat right beside the 4S3T Yuzuru did in practice and I saw nothing bigger than that. It was like 4 meter or longer. But we don’t have that kind of views all the time.

44 minutes ago, meoima said:

And the guy who did the analysis also said the numbers depend quite a lot on the camera angles and so on. Unless we have a still view camera which doesn’t move along with the skaters and record from floor views, it’s impossible to compare just from several videos. For example I sat right beside the 4S3T Yuzuru did in practice and I saw nothing bigger than that. It was like 4 meter or longer. But we don’t have that kind of views all the time.

I actually try to eyeball the distance by using visual markers in the arenas. So Yuzu's 4Lz being around 3 meters distance is something I find believable, simply because he took off in the area around the hockey goalie region, and cleared quite a bit of ice in that region. Boyang though, I have to give the biggest 4Lz award to him. He nearly ran into the boards.