4 hours ago, Lyyli said:

In fact I have been following FS from the 70´s so I have seen lots of different Turandots during these decades. Watched also Marin´s Turandot but personally I like Shoma´s version a lot more.

I don't have particular feelings for Marin's Turandot right now, though she has some really lovely moments in there (like the spiral) and I'm just glad she toned down the drama hands. Shoma's Turandot I like more too but right now I preferred the original version, which is natural since the one I've seen most is his GPF 2015 performance so he had matured it by then. Plus I preferred the music cuts better there. I'm waiting for Turandot 2.0 to grow more and it should. Winter, I think, is in a much better state and I like it a lot, which is also natural since he performed it many times during shows so it had time to mature greatly. 

I'm just not sure if between Marin, Shoma and Sui/Han, as well as any other juniors/seniors that might bring their own, I won't want to forget Nessun Dorma even exists by the end. :laughing:

33 分ぐらい, Murieleirumさんが言いました:

Mmh not only performance but also coreography and skating skills and, overall, they were balanced PCS. Strict if you compare them to PCS today, or if you compare them to Patrick's PCS or Takahashi's PCS at the time (it was said more times that Yuzu's SS were already as good as theirs, but since he was young, he was held back), but balanced. Had Yuzu been showerd in 90's PCS since he was 18, I don't know if his skating would have resented it. Maybe not. But Shoma said it himself - getting this kind of scores in September makes you worried. They are not helping him at all. 

I´m sorry for I comented by mistake. I´m not good at English so I don't understand correctly. 

I feel that skatecanada is bit solty lol.

This season, so far, some people feel Lombardia was generosity and USinternational was solty. Sometimes scores depend on  competitions a little.

I think that impression is free but it is important to meet requirements of 5 components in order to get scores. Because PCS is also technique.

Just now, org said:

I´m sorry for I comented by mistake. I´m not good at English so I don't understand correctly. 

I feel that skatecanada is bit solty lol.

This season, so far, some people feel Lombardia was generosity and USclassic was solty. Sometimes scores are depend on  competitions a little.

I think that impression is free but it is important to meet requirements of 5 components in order to get scores. Because PCS is also technique.

I'm sorry I forgot to notice it was your first post c: Welcome to the Planet! :10742289:

Yes, Skate Canada is definitely salty all the time with Yuzuru. Since he was very young and even now. Who knows when he'll conquer the hearts of Canadians! Maybe when Patrick will retire, lol... 

10 hours ago, Murieleirum said:

I'm sorry I forgot to notice it was your first post c: Welcome to the Planet! :10742289:

Yes, Skate Canada is definitely salty all the time with Yuzuru. Since he was very young and even now. Who knows when he'll conquer the hearts of Canadians! Maybe when Patrick will retire, lol... 

Be fair! Many Canadians love Yuzu. I do not want to think about his SC marks... or some performanve..... audiences love him.... he got standing Os at worlds 2013. Quebec city GPF....

6 minutes ago, liv said:

Be fair! Many Canadians love Yuzu. I do not want to think about his SC marks... or some performanve

I don't doubt Yuzu has thousands of Canadian fans :smiley-love017: it's just that some competitions are more strict than others, and Skate Canada has never been forgiving with Yuzu's mistakes, which were costly in PCS more than TCS, sometimes. Also, since it's been 9 years since Yuzu came to Italy, I'm now very curious to know how Italy will treat him at Worlds. Of course, it will greatly depend on his performance, but since they treated Shoma royally this time around, I wonder if he's gonna have the same treatment! 

Ok, that's better, lol. SC has its own agenda and the judges who judge it are not Canadians.... I think it does not help that SC was often his first gp so he was also rougher around the edges.... it makes it look like we do not like him. I think we would keep him here if we could!!!

2 hours ago, liv said:

I think it does not help that SC was often his first gp so he was also rougher around the edges.... it makes it look like we do not like him. I think we would keep him here if we could!!!

I think his main problem with SC exactly that, plus people forgetting he is human and usually he's not on top form that early in the season.

I remember Brian telling Yuzu (if I'm not mistaken after 2015 SC FS) "Just a bit more of conditioning". So Yuzuru gave judges excuses to pull him down (which they eagerly did. Let's say he's never got the privilege of leniency  in SC:laughing:)

And who knows, maybe actually it was a strategy to make Demon!Yuzu come out and play :devil3:

8 hours ago, katonice said:

Jackie's review of the first few Challenger competitions. 

http://www.rockerskating.com/news/2017/9/18/opining-on-us-classic-and-lombardia-part-1-early-signs-of-contenders

What I found amusing were his comments on the scoring near the end of the article. He's being PC about everything of course. 

Chen, likely in an effort to continue to push himself as an artist, chose two unfamiliar pieces - a song called Nemesis for the short and the soundtrack from Mao’s Last Dancer with Stravinsky’s The Rite of Spring for the free. Both programs are yet another step in the right direction for Chen as an all-around skater.

The music you choose doesn't make you an all-around skater. Putting together excellent technique in jumps, spins, skating skills, transitions in and out of jumps, sensitivity to music and an original and personal interpretation of the music you chose, makes you an all-around skater. 

Plus, warhorses or unknown music, you're supposed to be able to interpret it all. You don't get 'more artistic' by choosing an unknown piece. LOL. 

To me it seems like Jackie's trying to squeeze out compliments and flatteries badly connected to the info he has on the skaters. It's irritating. But I'm nervous and full of :salty: these days. 

2 hours ago, Murieleirum said:

The music you choose doesn't make you an all-around skater. Putting together excellent technique in jumps, spins, skating skills, transitions in and out of jumps, sensitivity to music and an original and personal interpretation of the music you chose, makes you an all-around skater. 

Plus, warhorses or unknown music, you're supposed to be able to interpret it all. You don't get 'more artistic' by choosing an unknown piece. LOL. 

If music choices is all it takes, then we can all go rent some skates, waddle our way through a varied playlist, and TA-DA! Bunch of allround skaters coming right up to a rink near you :rofl:

Now seriously: I get why they're praising Nathan to the heavens propaganda machine revving up for Olys, ejem and I give him his choices stand out in a sea of recycled and warhorse programs. I even like the music and think they both have a bigger potential than last season's, but rough as they are it's only downhill from here in terms of transitions and quality of performing. We're talking about a 6-7 quad FP, there's no way of delivering that without taking almost everything else out, so... there goes his broadening artistic expression :facepalm: