Just now, kitsune said:

Random question: besides tano and rippon are there other varied position in the air? Or neither tano nor rippon are varied of position in the air?:scratch3:

They are both varied... I can't think of any more, maybe arms out to the front or side? Maybe Evgenia will try jumping with her leg above her head.

19 minutes ago, yuzuangel said:

They are both varied... I can't think of any more, maybe arms out to the front or side? Maybe Evgenia will try jumping with her leg above her head.

Janet Lynn's tano a long time ago:

John Curry's tano change of hands.

Michael Chack's hands-on-the-hips at the 2A

Yuzuru's helicopter arms: tumblr_nc93ac981z1rqryl2o1_500.gif

Brian Boitano arms in front in 2A; 

Hi,

I am afraid the jump layout talk is over, but I would like to ask all knowledgables about second 3Lo.

Many peolple says Yuzu is an edge jumper and Lo is his favorite.

If he replaces second 2T by 3Lo, he will gain 4 more points in BV.

Is the idea feasible or are there any shortcomings in it ?

Thanks.

10 hours ago, Taco said:

Hi,

I am afraid the jump layout talk is over, but I would like to ask all knowledgables about second 3Lo.

Thanks.

The layout talk is never over! We managed to have one going throughout the whole season that just ended! :rofl3:

About the -3Lo, yes you gain more points but he'd need to practice the combination, to make it actually stable. He doesn't have it now. 
The thing with the -3Lo combos though, is that they're murder on the hips so there's that problem. We'll have to wait and see what his new layout even is but I doubt we'll see a -3Lo combo and better! 

(welcome to the forum!)

And I think because -3Lo are very easy to underrotate because you have to jump immediately from the same foot you land the previous jump on without any assistance, whereas on the -3T combos you have the toe pick assistance. 

3 minutes ago, xeyra said:

And I think because -3Lo are very easy to underrotate because you have to jump immediately from the same foot you land the previous jump on without any assistance, whereas on the -3T combos you have the toe pick assistance. 

Yup, that's what I meant by 'he doesn't have it'. There is that one attempt and it was UR. He would need to work on it and depending on his new layout, there will probably be no need. 

11 hours ago, Taco said:

Hi,

Thanks.

It isn't over. Right now we are kind of discussing it in general Yuzuru chat :pbow:

53 minutes ago, Yatagarasu said:

Yup, that's what I meant by 'he doesn't have it'. There is that one attempt and it was UR. He would need to work on it and depending on his new layout, there will probably be no need. 

When did he try -3Lo combo? 

11 hours ago, Taco said:

Hi,

Thanks.

Loop as a solo jump or the first jump in the combo is not too big of a problem. But as the second jump in the combo, 3Loop is very hard for grown up bodies to get full rotation and even if he gets full rotation it is difficult to get good GOE with 3loop as the second jump in the combo because it has less flow (and the landing can be scratchy). Not to mention it might affect the hips not in a good way, so not many grown up skaters try it in senior.

9 minutes ago, Yoa said:

It isn't over. Right now we are kind of discussing it in general Yuzuru chat :pbow:

When did he try -3Lo combo? 

Uh uh uh. Practice session but which one ... Gala I think, GPF or SC. Maybe somebody will remember exactly, I've got way too many things jumbled in my head.

6 minutes ago, Yatagarasu said:

Uh uh uh. Practice session but which one ... Gala I think, GPF or SC. Maybe somebody will remember exactly, I've got way too many things jumbled in my head.

GPF 2016 in Marseille, in his jump battle with Evgenia during gala practice, he attempted 4T-3T-3Lo and 4S-3T-3Lo.

Note that he didn't actually try the -3Lo as the second jump, only as the third jump in the combo.