54 minutes ago, rockstaryuzu said:

Ice dance is notorious for arcane and untransparent judging. Basically the top five couples in the world don't seem to have much actual difference in level beyond whether the judges decide to like them or not.

And I know loads of people who love to watch certain dancers’ scores go magically up with certain people in the TP. Alla Shekhovtsova deserves a special mention here. 

1 hour ago, Fay said:

And I know loads of people who love to watch certain dancers’ scores go magically up with certain people in the TP. Alla Shekhovtsova deserves a special mention here. 

Honestly, it bugs me when that happens. Like, they should try not to be so obvious about their bias. 

7 hours ago, rockstaryuzu said:

Ice dance is notorious for arcane and untransparent judging. Basically the top five couples in the world don't seem to have much actual difference in level beyond whether the judges decide to like them or not.

6 hours ago, Fay said:

wow 😯 Then they really are obvious if me ( a random/new watcher ) catch on of what they’re doing.... 

Well I guess I will try not to let the scoring bother me too much 🧐 because ice dance looks really fun and amazing 😍 their synchronization is *chef kissese* :softYuzu: 

btw, is subjective judging a overall problem for all principles??? Because I haven’t decided whether I should start watching pairs and women’s competitions. If it is, I don’t wanna get too attached to them 😅, knowing that it’s not fair anyway. 

3 hours ago, Rinnarsev said:

btw, is subjective judging a overall problem for all principles??? Because I haven’t decided whether I should start watching pairs and women’s competitions. If it is, I don’t wanna get too attached to them 😅, knowing that it’s not fair anyway. 

I can’t really say for pairs’ but IMO the ladies’ is more often than not a hot mess (both the real judging and the fan wars on said judging). Both disciplines can still be fun to watch tho :) 

15 minutes ago, Melodie said:

I can’t really say for pairs’ but IMO the ladies’ is more often than not a hot mess (both the real judging and the fan wars on said judging). Both disciplines can still be fun to watch tho :) 

I think then I won’t invest too much into them then... probably just watch the program for funsy lol 😂 cause besides all the judging problems, ice skating is an art and should be enjoyed :dancingpooh: right!?  XD 

4 hours ago, Rinnarsev said:

wow 😯 Then they really are obvious if me ( a random/new watcher ) catch on of what they’re doing.... 

Well I guess I will try not to let the scoring bother me too much 🧐 because ice dance looks really fun and amazing 😍 their synchronization is *chef kissese* :softYuzu: 

Pairs is fun to watch but at the same time terrifying because of the lifts...even more so live...

5 часов назад, Rinnarsev сказал:

I would say pairs are less subjective from all disciplines , though they also have there share of controversial judging.

20 часов назад, Rinnarsev сказал:

Also, they say 1 point is deducted for the first and second fall. and 2 points deduction for third and forth fall. So does this means for the first two fall, each will be counted 1 points deduction ? And then third fall will cost 2 point instead???

Yes, this rule was applied not so long ago.

1 hour ago, rockstaryuzu said:

Pairs is fun to watch but at the same time terrifying because of the lifts...even more so live...

Oh absolutely... I can’t imagine how They practice those... like the ladies are basically flying across the ice... the amount of trust between partners is amazing

9 minutes ago, Lunna said:

Yes, this rule was applied not so long ago.

thanks 😊 

11 minutes ago, Lunna said:

I would say pairs are less subjective from all disciplines , though they also have there share of controversial judging.

i guess it’s more or less inevitable given how these judges panel works... well I’ll pay less attention to the scores 🤦🏻‍♀️