Of Seers & Cassandras lost in space – prophesize the GP series!

~Results for 4CC are here!:biggrin:~

We have a first I think... majorly being way better in the single disciplines then Pairs & Dance! :laughing: 

Most points in Men go to Yata with 14 (followed by yuzupon, crazykuroneko & me with 13), ladies saw one perfect 16 score from golden, followed by 14 points from axelnojutsu. In Pairs, the highest we have is 10 points by yuzupon, and then 9 from YT & crazykuroneko. Dance is similar with golden leading the way with 10 points, followed by Sombrieul with 9.

Overall, the top 5 from 4CC are:

1.) crazykuroneko - 42 points

2.) golden - 40 points

3.) yuzupon - 39 points

4.) Joey - 37 points

5.) xeyra - 36 points

Congrats to all the winners from this round! :tumblr_inline_ncmif5EcBB1rpglid:

Looking at EC & 4CC combined, this is the top 5 so far:

1.) crazykuroneko - 78 points

2.) golden - 77 points

3.) Joey - 73 points

4.) xeyra - 71 points

5.) moni, Sayu93, YT - 70 points

moni also leads the men with 24 points; golden leads the ladies with 29; crazykuroneko guessed the pairs best so far and has 19 points; and golden also leads Dance with 19 points.

But remember, it's only halfway through, so everything can still happen ;)

There is again a new spreadsheet for this Prediction Game, link is here.

As for the next round - if everyone is fine with it, I'll include the team event, but not the men (since so many didn't want to predict for Yuzu). But I'll basically treat the team event like I do the other disciplines - you guess the top3 and get 2 additional questions. Since the Team Event is so much earlier though (and I'm sure a lot would like to see that first before making single predictions) I'll get you the Team Event in a single questionnaire out first, then follows the rest ^^

29 minutes ago, Joey said:

~Results for 4CC are here!:biggrin:~

We have a first I think... majorly being way better in the single disciplines then Pairs & Dance! :laughing: 

Most points in Men go to Yata with 14 (followed by yuzupon, crazykuroneko & me with 13), ladies saw one perfect 16 score from golden, followed by 14 points from axelnojutsu. In Pairs, the highest we have is 10 points by yuzupon, and then 9 from YT & crazykuroneko. Dance is similar with golden leading the way with 10 points, followed by Sombrieul with 9.

Overall, the top 5 from 4CC are:

1.) crazykuroneko - 42 points

2.) golden - 40 points

3.) yuzupon - 39 points

4.) Joey - 37 points

5.) xeyra - 36 points

Congrats to all the winners from this round! :tumblr_inline_ncmif5EcBB1rpglid:

Looking at EC & 4CC combined, this is the top 5 so far:

1.) crazykuroneko - 78 points

2.) golden - 77 points

3.) Joey - 73 points

4.) xeyra - 71 points

5.) moni, Sayu93, YT - 70 points

moni also leads the men with 24 points; golden leads the ladies with 29; crazykuroneko guessed the pairs best so far and has 19 points; and golden also leads Dance with 19 points.

But remember, it's only halfway through, so everything can still happen ;)

There is again a new spreadsheet for this Prediction Game, link is here.

As for the next round - if everyone is fine with it, I'll include the team event, but not the men (since so many didn't want to predict for Yuzu). But I'll basically treat the team event like I do the other disciplines - you guess the top3 and get 2 additional questions. Since the Team Event is so much earlier though (and I'm sure a lot would like to see that first before making single predictions) I'll get you the Team Event in a single questionnaire out first, then follows the rest ^^

Oops, I am falling in the ranks :laughing:

Btw, Can you share the answers to the bonus questions please? I like those the most and want to know how I did there  :snonegai:

16 hours ago, Neenah said:

Oops, I am falling in the ranks :laughing:

Btw, Can you share the answers to the bonus questions please? I like those the most and want to know how I did there  :snonegai:

Will do :tumblr_inline_ncmif5EcBB1rpglid:

Europeans:

3.) The men didn't seem to have the easiest season overall, with many struggling throughout their events. How many of the top 10 LPs will be clean?

(Clean = no negative GOE, no popped jumps. Also, this question refers to the top 10 in the LP section, not necessarily the top 10 overall)

Answer: 2 or less (:slinkaway:)

4.) The overall score is made up of 2 different parts - the technical element score (TES) & the program component score (PCS). Do you think the top 5 men overall will also be the 5 men with the highest combined PCS?
(Combined = SP + LP)

Answer: No (6th place Samarin had higher PCS then 5th place Bychenko *cough*)

7.) Among the elements in the SP is a required axel jump, in ladies typcially a 2A. As the only planed non-triple, it should - theoretically - be the easiest element in the SP. However, this doesn't mean it's anyones strongest jump.
Out of the top 10 ladies in the SP, how many will land a clean 2A?
(Clean = with at least 0 GOE, or higher)

Answer: 7 or more (all expect for Evgenia landed the 2A!)

8.) Besides the axel, there are 5 more different jumps - the toe loop, salchow, loop, flip & lutz. Many ladies (and men) struggle especially with having both a clean flip & lutz, since they are jumped from the inside and outside edge of the same foot respectively. Do you think that at least 3 of the top 5 women will have managed to get a 3F & a 3Lz with no edge calls in the whole competition ratified?
(The jumps do not have to get +GOE, but it needs to be triples with no ! or e).

Answer: Yes (Alina, Maria, Caro, Loena)

11.) Do you think that the order of the teams on the podium will be equal to their order regarding the highest TES? So 1st = highest, 2nd = middle, 3rd = lowest TES?
(TES overall is what counts here, SP + LP. TES of the other teams outside top 3 doesn't matter).

Answer: No (Zabiiako/Enbert had a higher TES then Stolbova/Klimov)

12.) Will the top 5 SP teams all be fall free?

Answer: No (Stolbova/Klimov & Tarasova/Morozov both had falls)

15.) It will probably be to nobodys surprise when I say that Papadakis/Cizeron are the heavy favorites for the title. Their wins in the GPs (outside of the final) where the most decisive ones too, having the biggest gaps to 2nd place (Chock/Bates in both cases, who finished 15.93 and 20.13 points below them).
Do you think they'll manage an even bigger gap, so 20.14+, to 2nd place here?

Answer: No (it's 16.03)

16.) Last question - do you think the same 3 teams will be the top 3 in both SP & LP?

Answer: No (Bobrova/Soloviev didn't finish top3 in the SD; but 2nd overall)

4CC:

3.) Among the technical elements are also step sequences, which are evaluated in levels (and at maximum as a level 4). Will the top 5 men get their level 4 step sequence in the SP?

Answer: No (Shoma quite famously did not... neither did Keiji or Han)

4.) In contrast to the ladies, men don't get called for wrong edges on flip & lutz as often, although it does happen. Do you think the overall top 5 men will avoid any edge calls, ! or e?

Answer: No (thanks to the great grand total of... 1 call. Jasons 3Lz! is the culprit)

7.) Will the same lady win both SP & LP?

Answer: No (Satoko won the SP, Kaori the LP)

8.) Both SP & LP include 3 spins each, which's difficutly are evaluated in levels (4 being the maximum again). How many ladies in the LP top5 will manage to get all their spins to level 4?

Answer: 2 or 3 (Mai, Satoko & Mariah did)

11.) In contrats to Euros, the 4CCs pairs field doesn't include any Olympic medal hopefuls. But do you think at least the winning team will manage a score that would have put them on the Euros podium?
(The score of the 3rd team there was 210.18)

Answer: No

12.) Ryom/Kim, who are thankfully going to be able to skate at the Olympics, came 15th at last years WC and seem to have a lot of talent & promise. Do you think they'll manage a top 5 finish here?

Answer: Yes :smiley-love017:

15.) Thanks to them not jumping, Dance teams don't have falls quite as often. However do you think we will see at least one fall in the FD segment?

16.) In general, Ice Dance is a lot more popular (and successful) in North America then in Asia. Will the NA teams manage to be the top6 here?

Answer: No (Muramoto/Reed, Wang/Liu & Min/Gamelin all placed higher then the lowest NA teams)

31 minutes ago, Joey said:

Will do :tumblr_inline_ncmif5EcBB1rpglid:

Europeans:

3.) The men didn't seem to have the easiest season overall, with many struggling throughout their events. How many of the top 10 LPs will be clean?

(Clean = no negative GOE, no popped jumps. Also, this question refers to the top 10 in the LP section, not necessarily the top 10 overall)

Answer: 2 or less (:slinkaway:)

4.) The overall score is made up of 2 different parts - the technical element score (TES) & the program component score (PCS). Do you think the top 5 men overall will also be the 5 men with the highest combined PCS?
(Combined = SP + LP)

Answer: No (6th place Samarin had higher PCS then 5th place Bychenko *cough*)

7.) Among the elements in the SP is a required axel jump, in ladies typcially a 2A. As the only planed non-triple, it should - theoretically - be the easiest element in the SP. However, this doesn't mean it's anyones strongest jump.
Out of the top 10 ladies in the SP, how many will land a clean 2A?
(Clean = with at least 0 GOE, or higher)

Answer: 7 or more (all expect for Evgenia landed the 2A!)

8.) Besides the axel, there are 5 more different jumps - the toe loop, salchow, loop, flip & lutz. Many ladies (and men) struggle especially with having both a clean flip & lutz, since they are jumped from the inside and outside edge of the same foot respectively. Do you think that at least 3 of the top 5 women will have managed to get a 3F & a 3Lz with no edge calls in the whole competition ratified?
(The jumps do not have to get +GOE, but it needs to be triples with no ! or e).

Answer: Yes (Alina, Maria, Caro, Loena)

11.) Do you think that the order of the teams on the podium will be equal to their order regarding the highest TES? So 1st = highest, 2nd = middle, 3rd = lowest TES?
(TES overall is what counts here, SP + LP. TES of the other teams outside top 3 doesn't matter).

Answer: No (Zabiiako/Enbert had a higher TES then Stolbova/Klimov)

12.) Will the top 5 SP teams all be fall free?

Answer: No (Stolbova/Klimov & Tarasova/Morozov both had falls)

15.) It will probably be to nobodys surprise when I say that Papadakis/Cizeron are the heavy favorites for the title. Their wins in the GPs (outside of the final) where the most decisive ones too, having the biggest gaps to 2nd place (Chock/Bates in both cases, who finished 15.93 and 20.13 points below them).
Do you think they'll manage an even bigger gap, so 20.14+, to 2nd place here?

Answer: No (it's 16.03)

16.) Last question - do you think the same 3 teams will be the top 3 in both SP & LP?

Answer: No (Bobrova/Soloviev didn't finish top3 in the SD; but 2nd overall)

4CC:

3.) Among the technical elements are also step sequences, which are evaluated in levels (and at maximum as a level 4). Will the top 5 men get their level 4 step sequence in the SP?

Answer: No (Shoma quite famously did not... neither did Keiji or Han)

4.) In contrast to the ladies, men don't get called for wrong edges on flip & lutz as often, although it does happen. Do you think the overall top 5 men will avoid any edge calls, ! or e?

Answer: No (thanks to the great grand total of... 1 call. Jasons 3Lz! is the culprit)

7.) Will the same lady win both SP & LP?

Answer: No (Satoko won the SP, Kaori the LP)

8.) Both SP & LP include 3 spins each, which's difficutly are evaluated in levels (4 being the maximum again). How many ladies in the LP top5 will manage to get all their spins to level 4?

Answer: 2 or 3 (Mai, Satoko & Mariah did)

11.) In contrats to Euros, the 4CCs pairs field doesn't include any Olympic medal hopefuls. But do you think at least the winning team will manage a score that would have put them on the Euros podium?
(The score of the 3rd team there was 210.18)

12.) Ryom/Kim, who are thankfully going to be able to skate at the Olympics, came 15th at last years WC and seem to have a lot of talent & promise. Do you think they'll manage a top 5 finish here?

Answer: Yes :smiley-love017:

15.) Thanks to them not jumping, Dance teams don't have falls quite as often. However do you think we will see at least one fall in the FD segment?

16.) In general, Ice Dance is a lot more popular (and successful) in North America then in Asia. Will the NA teams manage to be the top6 here?

Answer: No (Muramoto/Reed, Wang/Liu & Min/Gamelin all placed higher then the lowest NA teams)

:thanks:

Now I know why I am not sinking too low in the ranking, I am actually getting most of the bonus questions right :happy:

On 23/1/2018 at 9:12 PM, Joey said:

Overall, the winners of this round are:

1. Sayu93 with 41 points

2. YT & Murieleirum with 39 points

3. golden & Fay with 37 points

LOL the only time I score high is the time I completely forget about it after and forget to put in predictions for 4CC xDDDD