Team Spain

5 minutes ago, crazykuroneko said:

i'm not fluent in Spanish but my understanding is that in the end it comes down who between them perform better or worse from the other

Thank you, that's what I understood from it, too, but I wasn't quite sure, and google translate didn't help much either (or probably my lack of language skills :8788161:)

1 hour ago, sallycinnamon said:

Thank you, that's what I understood from it, too, but I wasn't quite sure, and google translate didn't help much either (or probably my lack of language skills :8788161:)

we both learn :tumblr_inline_mzx8xsVPrg1r8msi5:

about the photos, the ones indoor i think were taken before this season because he shared the superjavi one around that time, but yes they're still :10742290:

On 1/2/2018 at 5:55 AM, sallycinnamon said:

A new interview with Javi, with a brief mention of Yuzu as well:

crazykuroneko got the gist of it. 

Not much else is new. Apparently he plays videogames to relax, and he says he'll play for a while when he's stressed out and that helps him. He says he keeps his daily life separate from the ice.

He also thinks the quad race is dangerous because it leads to more falls and more injuries, and that young skaters are doing it without thinking of the consequences. He said "Maybe we're not quite ready for it yet." And that he'd rather skate a clean program. (Javi, I agree 100%...)

As for the games, he's aiming to be at 70% for Europeans so he can peak at the Olympics. He said he'd love to medal, as it'd be a great gift for his career (ahhhh, in a tone that implies it's near the end ahhhh), like a "cake with a cherry on top, but there's great cakes without cherries." He once again said that he thinks he's unlikely to make the next Olympics. :tumblr_inline_ncmif7esGm1rpglid:

I can translate the rest, if anyone's interested. I don't want Javi to retire... I hope he'll stay for at least another season, I was really hoping to go see him and Yuzu next year :sadPooh: 

Also he's ridiculously photogenic, how is life fair. 

6 hours ago, guitarist said:

crazykuroneko got the gist of it. 

Not much else is new. Apparently he plays videogames to relax, and he says he'll play for a while when he's stressed out and that helps him. He says he keeps his daily life separate from the ice.

He also thinks the quad race is dangerous because it leads to more falls and more injuries, and that young skaters are doing it without thinking of the consequences. He said "Maybe we're not quite ready for it yet." And that he'd rather skate a clean program. (Javi, I agree 100%...)

As for the games, he's aiming to be at 70% for Europeans so he can peak at the Olympics. He said he'd love to medal, as it'd be a great gift for his career (ahhhh, in a tone that implies it's near the end ahhhh), like a "cake with a cherry on top, but there's great cakes without cherries." He once again said that he thinks he's unlikely to make the next Olympics. :tumblr_inline_ncmif7esGm1rpglid:

I can translate the rest, if anyone's interested. I don't want Javi to retire... I hope he'll stay for at least another season, I was really hoping to go see him and Yuzu next year :sadPooh: 

Also he's ridiculously photogenic, how is life fair. 

Thank you for your summary! I understand the rest with the help of google translate, which is always useful.

When I read that part that an Olympic medal would be the cherry on the top of the cake but the cake is good even without the cherry...I thought it sounded like he gave up a bit :sadPooh: 

But I know that he will try and fight for that medal - so much can happen at the Olympics, especially in this crazy season, so he still has his chances. But first is Europeans, I am really curious how he will skate there against Kolyada, and others as well.