General Yuzuru Chat

1 minute ago, asiacheetah said:

Is there a program layout thread? I'm confused about his layout. He's repeating quad toes, quad sal, and triple axels. I thought you're only allowed to repeat 2 jumps?

He's possibly removing one 3A

7 minutes ago, asiacheetah said:

Is there a program layout thread? I'm confused about his layout. He's repeating quad toes, quad sal, and triple axels. I thought you're only allowed to repeat 2 jumps?

the last 3A he's shown on the news is "supposedly a recovery 3A" :tumblr_inline_ncmifaymmi1rpglid: which will be 3Lz if nothing goes wrong as of now

but who knows if this boy is trolling us again or not? :tongueyuzu:

This is all just part of his plan, he's actually going to yolo a 5Lo in his SP at Olys, but shh don't tell anyone

3 minutes ago, ralucutzagy said:

really?for a random person who desn't follow fs so often or only at olympics i'd say it's ok not to know, but as a commentator, you must educate yourself a little ... not to go on tv and to say a bunch of nonsense ... that's unacceptable :slinkaway:

yeah I think it was Robin Cousins, I'm not 100%

So delighted to finally have some news after quite a while.:10636614: 

To be honest, I really don't mind Seimei. I still haven't been bored watching Seimei for hundreds of times (in fact very excited each time I watch it). Of course it would be great to have a new programme, but I want Yuzu to get the gold medal more. If that's his strategy for the Olympic season, then I'll fully support it (though I'm a bit sad that his beautiful 3A only appears once in the LP:sadPooh:)

“SP is Chopin’s Ballade No.1, the same as I have skated during the summer ice shows. As for FP, I was thinking let’s do SEIMEI once more. The [decision] process was that I had decided that I wanted to reuse this program in the Olympic season ever since I was able to achieve great performances with SEIMEI in the 2015-16 season. I decided almost without any hesitation. I might have been a little hesitant about the SP, but as for the FP, I had decided right from the start, before I even started last season. I feel like I have warmed up for this season.”

So he knew it all the time. :facepalm:

15 分ぐらい, SSSさんが言いました:

3F's BV looks really sad...

Yeah, but i like his 3F.  Light like a feather and comes out of nowhere, totally melted in the flow of program.  Problem is GOE.   Sometimes Patrick get 3Goe even for 3T.  I wonder why yuzu's 3F can't get more.

i was only gonna check the news and get back to my real life, but it seems i cant keep whats in my head to stay in my head lol. so here's my two cents.

i was pro 4Lz for a while back. and then after i knew he is aiming for consistency this season, i started thinking new jump with low success rate maybe is not a good idea, after all.  i agree with @norwhite that one of the things about olympic is showing this sport to new people, casual viewers to be exact. and for yuzu, the opportunity to get probably most of japanese people watching him on national tv. his whole country, watching him with expectation, most are casual viewers who probably only understand you fall=you lose. and not only yuzu brings his favorite masterpiece that will be widely loved, he's also aiming for clean back to back performance. possibly because he regrets that he won sochi with a 2 fall free program so much.

i think people underestimate how regretful he feels about that free program in sochi. i remember he said after he won world this year (or was it around wtt? whoops) that he thought people's attitude around him wouldnt change much even if he dont get the oly gold (no pls) but he really, really want to give clean performances. i think thats the most important thing to him personally now. and of course we all hope (and believe) that a clean yuzu will win the gold no matter what, when, and where. (and if it proves otherwise when he's testing the waters with all these competitions before oly, we know he's training that 4Lz)