General Yuzuru Chat

What a face :tumblr_inline_mqt4grU8ua1qz4rgp:

also reminder to start checking the FaOI thread if you guys want full FaOI updates. Yuzuru content will probably still be posted here since this is the Yuzuru thread, but if you want to see the full cast, head over :tumblr_inline_ncmifaymmi1rpglid:

16 minutes ago, Anony said:

What a face :tumblr_inline_mqt4grU8ua1qz4rgp:

also reminder to start checking the FaOI thread if you guys want full FaOI updates. Yuzuru content will probably still be posted here since this is the Yuzuru thread, but if you want to see the full cast, head over :tumblr_inline_ncmifaymmi1rpglid:

I swear this pic looks like it was taken in 2012. He looks so young! and typical yuzu, in between his idols in the group photo

14 minutes ago, skateIT said:

I swear this pic looks like it was taken in 2012. He looks so young! and typical yuzu, in between his idols in the group photo

whoops nevermind. The latest on twitter is that the pic is actually from 2014.

There is a wonderful photo of Mr H. wearing his swan outfit and gazing up into a sky cam as he glides across the Olympic rings (he must be doing a hydro blade move in the PC rink). From the tiny and grainy pics I've seen he looks like a prince, but,well...a tiny and grainy prince.  Does anyone have a better quality image (and bigger)?  Thank you in advance and hope I'm posting in the right place. 

4 hours ago, Yatagarasu said:

Watch Yuzuru get pissy over the new rules and work on that 4F in the end :rofl:

Maybe it's just me, but I thought it'd be easier if I pasted the proposed new rules (for the Congress to consider in June) here for any other member or reader who may not be as familiar:

SINGLE AND PAIR SKATING / ICE DANCE

Pair Skating – increase the number of qualified Pairs for the Free Program, from 16 to 20, at ISU World Figure Skating Championships.

Short Dance – Change the name of the segment from “Short Dance” to “Rhythm Dance”.

Grade of Execution (GoE) – increase the scoring range from 7 to 11 with the introduction of a wider Grade of Execution score from -3 / +3 to -5 / +5.

Jumps – In order to have more varied Programs and to give credit to Skaters that can perform different quad jumps, any quad jump can be performed only once in a Free Skating Program.

Illegal Elements/Movements – in order to eliminate unnecessary restrictions, the list would consist of only two such elements: somersault type jumps and lifts with wrong holds.

Jump Sequences: a proposed new definition: a jump sequence consists of 2 (two) jumps of any number of revolutions, beginning with any jump, immediately followed by an Axel type jump with a direct step from the landing curve of the first jump to the take-off curve of the Axel jump.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but re Single Skating, the encouragement to have as many different quads as possible and to only use each one once in a FS program strikes me as being of benefit to Nathan Chen (of the current Senior competitors) - I believe he has landed the most different quads currently, and on the most 'regular' basis? The change to GoE, if used properly, would probably be of benefit to Yuzuru. My main concern is that the current GoE -3 to +3 system doesn't seem to be used to the fullest (people tend to all score in a very narrow band of GoE regardless), so if the system is still not fully utilised as a -5 to +5 system, it will just end up being a score-bloating exercise with the exception of when you have a fall or technical error on a jump. Maybe just my inaccurate beginner's perception of the current situation?

35 minutes ago, Cerunias said:

Maybe it's just me, but I thought it'd be easier if I pasted the proposed new rules (for the Congress to consider in June) here for any other member or reader who may not be as familiar:

SINGLE AND PAIR SKATING / ICE DANCE

Pair Skating – increase the number of qualified Pairs for the Free Program, from 16 to 20, at ISU World Figure Skating Championships.

Short Dance – Change the name of the segment from “Short Dance” to “Rhythm Dance”.

Grade of Execution (GoE) – increase the scoring range from 7 to 11 with the introduction of a wider Grade of Execution score from -3 / +3 to -5 / +5.

Jumps – In order to have more varied Programs and to give credit to Skaters that can perform different quad jumps, any quad jump can be performed only once in a Free Skating Program.

Does the rule I underline mean after a quad is performed, then a combination jump with the same quad is forbidden?

46 minutes ago, Cerunias said:

Correct me if I'm wrong, but re Single Skating, the encouragement to have as many different quads as possible and to only use each one once in a FS program strikes me as being of benefit to Nathan Chen (of the current Senior competitors) - I believe he has landed the most different quads currently, and on the most 'regular' basis?

Iirc, Nathan has only landed the quad loop in small competitions and not regularly because of his hips. His quad salchows are not consistent as well. He is a better toe jumper. I think the rule is a good encouragement for Yuzu to do quad lutz and axel though.