General Yuzuru Chat

Media being media. They always ask such absurd questions which I find so annoying. I don't think Yuzuru want to answer questions like why quads are difficult. It's ridiculous that while he keeps mentioning about his injuries and his desire to heal properly, they keep asking him about 4A and quint jumps. 

About his future, if I don't remember wrong, in a documentary ( about his injury ?) after season 2015-2016, he said something like if he finds it too hard and he can't hold on anymore, he just gives up. So I believe he knows when he needs to stop. And whatever he does, we should respect his decision. 

1 час назад, GreatLakesGal сказал:

You're just posting what many of us are thinking but, like you, don't want to upset others with our concerns. Sometimes I wonder if that's the case with Yuzu--i.e., if there's something he's not telling us because he doesn't want to upset his fans right now. 

I think we all have our concerns even if we are joking about Beijing :) And I'm sure there's smth. we don't know, maybe in 3 years we'll cry over another book :slinkaway:

I am mostly happy that he still wants to compete even after achieving of his dream, now we only must pray that his body will agree with his desires :snonegai:

And of course I'd prefer him to retire on his terms and not cuz it's too much for his body to handle, also I don't think he is the type of a person who will stay for JSF/fans/etc., only if he feels he still can show more.

Do we know how many more media obligations are left before he can actually address his injury?

I like that he keeps mentioning that there are still more technical heights to reach in figure skating, even if in the last couple of years those heights have been significantly reduced. In so many sports it seems like humans are getting closer to the maximum that can be achieved, but we are not there yet. The leap to real Nessie is much bigger than it was to 4lz which was done in 2011. I think going for Nessie really would be quite miraculous, by anyone, but if that ankle is fully healed he is the one with the potential skill and desire to go for it. He knows what toll it would take on him, yet still mentions it as his goal... so go for it, I say. He may happily (i think he will get bored fairly quickly) retire to the world of shows when the body says *no more* but until then he is the uber competitive Yuzu. Shows may showcase his wonderful skating, and give him opportunities to thank his fans, play around etc., but it is his competitive spirit that draws me to cheer for him first and foremost and I think it is what inspires him most too. I sincerely hope the body gives him a couple of years to take chances and reach for new heights before telling him it is time to take the step away.  He has the luxury of taking as long as he needs to recover... he does not need to worry about losing ground to the youngsters. Everything now is bonus, I think. 

I know this is selfish but personally, I'd be sad if he r* before doing at least one more new program...
I started stanning him in the last part of the 16-17 season so I never experienced the reveal of new music, choreography and costumes and all the excitement that comes with it in the fandom.
I really hope I can experience watching him perform a program live for the first time at least once.. I'd be happy even if he only has a new EX

1 minute ago, ICeleste said:

I know this is selfish but personally, I'd be sad if he r* before doing at least one more new program...
I started stanning him in the last part of the 16-17 season so I never experienced the reveal of new music, choreography and costumes and all the excitement that comes with it in the fandom.
I really hope I can experience watching him perform a program live for the first time at least once.. I'd be happy even if he only has a new EX

aww don't worry he'll probably have a new programs especially EX programs :consoling2:

personally I'm only questioning LGC :rofl:

1 hour ago, Neenah said:

I am 99% percent sure he is just trolling the media at this point. They keep asking about 4A, quints and the next Olympics and he keeps on upping expectations every time (which IMO clearly shows he is having fun at their expense) 

I am willing to bet money on Yuzu not having thought of what he was going to do after the Olympics at all, and that he is just saying whatever now because he has to answer those absurd questions. Give him a couple of months to rest, heal and think and we will know what he really wants to do. For now he is having fun so let us enjoy the ride as well  :biggrin:

Ps. I left a 0.1% for Yuzu being Yuzu :shrug:

You actually left a whole 1%!!!! :acceptable:

3 hours ago, ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ said:

You'll love it when you finally get to see it, I think. That one was even more wonderful and revealing than the JFFC one. He was both brutally honest and thoughtful in it, as he spoke more freely cos he didn't have an interpreter he felt he needed to worry about. :)

Apparently @gladi and tadaxkid on Tumblr are jointly translating that and also the NHK Road to Gold docu and I'm so excited to both check my understanding and so everyone can understand it. That was a wonderful presscon, and I was glad the JP media actually asked him thoughtful questions after the newbie mess that was the Foreign Correspondent's Club (seriously, I really liked their Sochi presscon because they asked some interesting, new questions but this time....you waste your opportunity to question the Olympic champion with a question like 'can you explain the 4A for people who don't know about FS....' and 'what's your favourite food' :facepalm:)

5 hours ago, meoima said:

I'd like to ask if anyone has this video of CNN reporters talking about Yuzuru in good quality (no need HD) thank you: 

They have part of this video on the CNN website, however you can't download it. You may be able to screen record it though.

https://www.cnn.com/videos/world/2018/02/19/cnni-japan-figure-skating-megastar-wire-pkg.cnn/video/playlists/winter-olympics-2018/

4 hours ago, ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ said:

Oh so Moni was you? Congratulations to you and @Danibellerika for getting your very own girl group name in Japan. You actually have one now. And It beats ABC123. >_< Granted it sounds like alimony but it's still a very cool sounding name.

Yep, "Moni", or Monica, is me. I laughed so hard when I saw they combined our names like that.

14 minutes ago, MrPudding said:

With how close Yuzu is to TAT, luckily she's a former coach and a big deal in FS, and his connection to PJ Kwong, I do hope he meets Ambesi one day and knows how much this guy supports him in podcast, online, and in commentary. I don't even know why I should care, but well it's nice to have such an outspoken Fanyu sometimes. Maybe they met though and I don't know. I think he's at least met Jack since he writes for an English-Japanese site(?).