Other Skaters' 2017/18 program announcements

Pairs

Nicole Della Monica & Matteo Guarise (ITA)

LP: Tree of Life by Roberto Cacciapaglia

Dance

Penny Coomes & Nicholas Buckland (GBR)

LP: Battle Remembered by Yo-Yo-Ma and the Silk Road

These are excellent choices.

I must admit I'm a little disappointed about Shoma reusing Turandot. It was a good programme (I also liked his last year's SP but in FS he skated better I think) but this year's FS I find much more interesting (and that 3A right on the note :love: ). Yes, during first shows I didn't understand it and vocals gave me a headache, but by the time of 2nd GP his FS really grew on me and I didn't even hate the vocals anymore :rofl2: So Turandot seems like a step back too me. Classics suits him but he (or rather his coach) could have chosen any other classics.

Makes me wonder what Yuzu will go for... For the SP I'm counting on JB - I like all his choices so far - cool and not overused, for the FS it will be really interesting to see what he thinks suits his style the best.

I totally agree!

I'm a little scared, I really don't want a warhorse :oops:

I can hardly wait for faoi. I want to see what Shoma is doing... and maybe others will reveal their programs earlier than DOI as well. It makes sense to practice it in front of an audience as soon as possible: get the feel for the program, how the jumps fit in, and develop nuances earlier that usually come with performance experience etc.. I wonder if Yuzu will debut a program there... I so hope he will, for all the benefits listed above, but i doubt it would be an sp since JB has been working... maybe they'll work on it during FaOi. Maybe a new exhibition?

It's still speculation at this point because Maia just posted [link=https://twitter.com/MaiaShibutani/status/862271405244678146]this[/link] in her twitter, but it's very possible the Shibs will be using Coldplay's Paradise for their FD.

Edit:

Confirmed by Jackie Wong too.

[tweet]862314065254903811[/tweet]

Ohhm thank you for the news!!! I'm so excited about this :yay: I love the Shibs, love Coldplay, I'm sure it's gonna be brilliant :love: Fix you was their best FD and their real breakout, so nice to hear they're staying with this style :goe:

Yuka Nagai JPN

SP: 'On my own'

FS: Phantom

Another POTO.....

It was inevitable ... somebody else but Yuka has announced a POTO?

Yeah, Alexia Paganini, a USA Jr., is also doing a POTO FS.

Yolo3a said:

I love Misha and I hope that he has an extremely successful career as a choreographer :love:

Judging from his instagram seems like Misha has TONS of work in different parts of the world. Happy for him! :thumbsup:

Good choice from Brezina indeed. He has some interesting style when it comes to program and music choices. "Game of thrones" OST for example, and I like so much his "Sherlock Holmes" program by Zimmer. 

• sallycinnamon changed the title to Other Skaters' 2017/18 program announcements