I don't know what it is about Chopin 1.0, originally I had been disappointed because it looked completely lavender in the first ice shows but instead it was a gradient from white to indigo, but it really grew to be one of my favorite costumes. The fabric seems just a bit more translucent and delicate than Chopin 2.0, I think that's what makes all the difference, especially in the sleeves (which I think are also looser than in 2.0). 2.0's gold pieces are intriguing stylistically, they're very geometric and bold for such an organic and flowing program.

1 hour ago, unicorn said:

I don't know what it is about Chopin 1.0, originally I had been disappointed because it looked completely lavender in the first ice shows but instead it was a gradient from white to indigo, but it really grew to be one of my favorite costumes. The fabric seems just a bit more translucent and delicate than Chopin 2.0, I think that's what makes all the difference, especially in the sleeves (which I think are also looser than in 2.0). 2.0's gold pieces are intriguing stylistically, they're very geometric and bold for such an organic and flowing program.

The sleeves on Chopin 1.0 are what got me hooked on the costume. I don't know how to explain but he glides on the ice or spins, the 'wind' generated kind of blows those loose sleeves and it looks so elegant. And some people kind of hate all those necklaces, but I think it complements the costume quite well. And it wouldn't be Yuzuru without all those lucky stones and metal accessories on his neck :smiley-gen013:

7 hours ago, Puniyo said:

The sleeves on Chopin 1.0 are what got me hooked on the costume. I don't know how to explain but he glides on the ice or spins, the 'wind' generated kind of blows those loose sleeves and it looks so elegant. And some people kind of hate all those necklaces, but I think it complements the costume quite well. And it wouldn't be Yuzuru without all those lucky stones and metal accessories on his neck :smiley-gen013:

Billowing is the world you're looking for. :)

I hope he's going back to the original costume or having a complete change- I liked the look of the gold inserts but the extra seams made the sleeves and the waist/lower rib cage area look a bit odd in action - it was never going to be as fluid as the original.