1 hour ago, obscurite said:

I found a gifset of the footage here but it looks like the video has been deleted? 

1 hour ago, rozuyu said:

@SparkleSalad  Here you go - The Making of SEIMEI. It's a good watch (even though I don't speak Japanese). The segment about the costume starts at 08:11.

Thank you both! I understand some Japanese so I'll see how I go!

Edit: Wow! This is fantastic! It's always interesting to hear from Nomura Mansai!

I didn't know about Seimei Jinja! I'll have to visit during my next trip. There are so many small sbrines and temples in Kyoto that you rarely hear about. If anyone isinterested, there is a show straming on Crunchyroll called "The Guide - 5 Stars in Kyoto" that explores a lot of the smaller, lesser known religious spots in Kyoto.

On 2017-5-15 at 17:47, rozuyu said:

SEIMEI was designed by Satomi Ito (check out her website and instagram, her work is quite amazing!). I suspect the Swan too judging by the similarities with other swan costumes she designed. LGC was also done in Japan, but I still haven't managed to track them down.

I also suspect the Swan was done by her because the beadwork looks similar to the work on Shoma's Loco costume. I think LGC was done by the same man who did Chopin 1 and 2 from the costume fitting footage. 

16 hours ago, SparkleSalad said:

Oooh, I'd love to know who they are. H&L and Etude are so beautiful. If I ever have any occassion to be outrageous, I'd like to commission those designers.

Etude was done by Mu costume designs but not H&L. The chief designer Shizuko Orihara said she didn't do it as someone posted a short translation here on GS.

49 minutes ago, Fresca said:

I also suspect the Swan was done by her because the beadwork looks similar to the work on Shoma's Loco costume. I think LGC was done by the same man who did Chopin 1 and 2 from the costume fitting footage. 

Etude was done by Mu costume designs but not H&L. The chief designer Shizuko Orihara said she didn't do it as someone posted a short translation here on GS.

Thank you! I'm surprised about H&L not being by the same designer. It definitely looks like it was inspired by the other.

i absolutely LOVE the billowy sleeves of chopin 1&2 (but i love the sleeves of chopin 1 more) it was absolutely breathtaking in any movement of the choreo that emphasized his arm movement like his arms on the spread eagle. i'd love to see something like that again

1 hour ago, rozuyu said:

Exactly! I actually noticed the similarities with Loco 1 first, when looking up HD pics of Shoma's costume. I didn't know she had such an amazing insta account back then, so much time wasted :laughing: she has a very distinct beading style, which can also be noticed on SEIMEI. But when I saw her other swan costumes I was like 90% sure she did notte stellata.

And agreed, I also think LGC and Chopin are from the same designer. 

The matter with finding out the designer can be further complicated when the designer and tailor are not the same person or company (like boobskirt except in that case they were tabloid articles about it being designed by Johnny... and a special interview with the tailor). It might be the case with some of Yuzu's costumes given that he splits his time between two countries.

coming from a family with costume designers and tailors I'm sooo hungry for all this info... and with so many amazing figure skating costumes the designers remain a mystery. 

ETA: I actually keep a huge list with dozens of designers in one column and skaters/costumes they worked on in the other... I really have a problem. It's a huge mess after this season - time for a cleanup haha

How wonderful to be from such a talented family! 

If you ever get that list sorted out I'm sure a lot of people here would love to see it! Figure skating has made me extremely nerdy for charts and graphs and lists.