Your Username

Pamigena

I'm usually an extreme night owl (which is convenient for watching live streams from the other half of the globe).  But I flex into getting up extremely early when I have to line up before dawn to get a good seat to watch Yuzuru practice.

On 5/10/2017 at 15:56, Puniyo said:

I have an elder brother and we argue all the time. But somehow we love to play games together and both of us are quite competitive. I remember that the only computer game I could win him was at Puyo Puyo (almost like a Tetris spin-off) so I just added one syllable to it (it might sound cuter? :P)

Puyo Puyo - I haven't heard of that in a long long time! But once upon a time I on and off would miss my station on Yamanote line when playing... ^^;

My username comes, almost, from my other great love, the original end of 1980s through 1990s JRock - and beginnings of VK - when one of my all time, all in the universe favourite musicians used Igarashi as family name for one of his pen names and Miyuki as part of the first name of another. 

Miyuki is however also also the name I'd chosen for myself had the choice been mine. 

3 minutes ago, 五十嵐 美幸 said:

Puyo Puyo - I haven't heard of that in a long long time! But once upon a time I on and off would miss my station on Yamanote line when playing... ^^;

My username comes, almost, from my other great love, the original end of 1980s through 1990s JRock - and beginnings of VK - when one of my all time, all in the universe favourite musicians used Igarashi as family name for one of his pen names and Miyuki as part of the first name of another. 

Miyuki is however also also the name I'd chosen for myself had the choice been mine. 

I'm feeling nostalgic now that Puyo Puyo is mentioned again... haha!

Guest turquoiseblue
18 hours ago, yuzupon said:

My username is how my friends and I (shamelessly) call Yuzu:snpeace:  I believe it's the slangier version of -chan or -kun.

I call him Yuzu-pon, too :love: It sounds so cute :heartpound:

6 hours ago, turquoiseblue said:

I call him Yuzu-pon, too :love: It sounds so cute :heartpound:

Right? It kinda makes us feel silly sometimes, cz it's such an intimate and playful way of calling someone, but eh. We can always dream :snpeace:

• 2 weeks later...
42 minutes ago, Blt said:

oh mine is totally boring, lol....it's the initials of my full name :dpooh: 

Would've been funnier if it was a homage to the BLT sandwich :rofl:

I mean I would totally name myself after this glory right here.

My nick is my name, and then the reverse of my name. It sounds cool, like a videogame, or a faraway land. My name is so unusual, I've never really craved for nicknames. 

3 hours ago, Murieleirum said:

My nick is my name, and then the reverse of my name. It sounds cool, like a videogame, or a faraway land. My name is so unusual, I've never really craved for nicknames. 

That is a good sandwich too! :snpeace:

7 hours ago, Murieleirum said:

I totally love your name!! My real name is too plain and common. I like its meaning and everything, but an unusual name kind of stands out ^^

13 hours ago, Murieleirum said:

What a pretty name!!

Nice to read the story behind y'all's username!!

Mine is definitely a nickname.. and it's not actually my 'main' online username, it is rather new.

I feel like I could write a short essay on this but I'll try to keep it short.

Elena came from the nickname my past housemates gave me (or, rather, they sometimes would call me) from this character with the same name (they said we look alike. I don't think so lol). Other than that I just really like the sound of it. It's easy on the ear and tongue too.

The 'dream' came pretty randomly when I tried to search for something else to add.. but if I have to give meaning behind it, then I'd say it's inspired by the quote of someone.. let's say my 'idol', who once said (paraphrased) to have a dream is amazing and I think it sticks with me because whenever I doubt myself or I'm feeling down, I'd make myself think that I wanna do this.. I like doing this.. or like something along the line of 'I'd continue to wokr hard to achieve this'. So I think it's a nice word to have it stick on my mind. Idk if that makes sense or if that explains the choice but oh well, I tried.

:embSwan:

• 3 months later...

Well mine has somewhat of a history too. when I first got into internet stuff (It was 7th grade) I was already a bit into japanese stuff so I wanted a Japanese username. This was around the time the film Memoires of a Geisha was in german Cinemas and I loved that film. I liked the character Sayuri and I also like the sound of the name Sayuri very much, so sayuri-chan I was. Over the years and many different iterations for forums, ff-net and stuff like that it got abbreviated to Sayu. When I join sth new nowadays I use Sayu as the basis and add some stuff. The 93 is my year of birth.

Can I share my story too? Usually when I register to online sites I just use my name plus yong. Anyways I wanted something special here and can you believe it I ended up with OhYuzu. :xD: 

well, during college we studied one hero which had a Japanese girlfriend and he made the nickname O sei san. I was told it was a term of endearment, but I also found out it as a term for honorable (the nick name is translated as The Honorable Miss Sei):laughing::laughing: I was happy and wanted to apply it to Yuzu, I was planning to be OYuzusan but it's too long. So I switched with OYuzu, but the name it looks awkward :13877886: so I added the 'h'. 

and Tada I made OhYuzu! :tumblr_inline_ncmif5EcBB1rpglid: I made a super simple nickname so complicated :embSwan: