Your Username

Pamigena

The only reason I stopped lurking on GS was to post on the FF, so I wanted to come up with something Yuzu related :D

The Pooh part is obvious, and the Pomelo part is because of this: The pronunciation of "Yuzu" in both Japanese(ゆず) and Chinese(柚子) means pomelo (and these are nicknames CHN & JPN fans call Yuzu by), though I think the actual fruits the two words each refers to are slightly different. I think "ゆず" has a stronger taste and is often used for seasoning, while "柚子" is a sweet fruit for eating. But both are round in shape and golden in color :space: which suits Yuzu perfectly!

The only reason I stopped lurking on GS was to post on the FF, so I wanted to come up with something Yuzu related :D

The Pooh part is obvious, and the Pomelo part is because of this: The pronunciation of "Yuzu" in both Japanese(ゆず) and Chinese(柚子) means pomelo, though I think the actual fruits the two words each refers to are slightly different. I think "ゆず" has a stronger taste and is often used for seasoning, while "柚子" is a sweet fruit for eating. But both are round in shape and golden in color :space: which suits Yuzu perfectly!

Very interesting, thanks for sharing :)

Sweetwater is a synonym for freshwater. My name is vaguely related to freshwater. When I chose this screen name for GS, I didn’t plan to post anything by this name, so it was a very random choice.

I use Ralucutzagy almost everywhere on internet when I need a nick. Raluca Georgiana is the name of the girl who made those banners that I posted for the banner contest, she's my niece and we have a special relationship. Ralucutza it's a diminutive in romanian, so ralucutzagy ... :pbow:

I had another username prepared in case I decided to register here (at first,i thought i will only lurk here because that's what i usually do,I almost never register on sites),but the day i finally registered I felt that username was not fit for this,so i opted for something else.As i was actually going through the registration process,I once again felt I didn't like the second username I chose either.

So I had to come with something right there as I was typing,and the final/current choice of a username was a decision that was the result of the random and bizarre combination of 3 factors: me being terrible at choosing usernames,Yuzu liking strawberry shortcake being the thought that for some reason crossed my mind in that moment of registration(but I assumed that the Strawberry Shortcake username must be already taken),and immediately after,thinking at 'Wild Strawberries' (a favorite movie of mine).It's kind of funny because I'm not even that crazy about strawberries myself,I mean I like them,but they're not my faves.

I wanted a nickname as far removed from my other on-line nickname as possible (I've been a very active message boarder for about 23 years now). I also wanted something completely unrelated to figure skating.

I succeeded at the first. Didn't quite succeed at the second. :smile:

I wasn't a die-hard Hanyu fan when I joined on-line fandom, and I most definitely wasn't a Winnie the Pooh fan. I had no idea about a link between the two. I just picked the name of a palomino Welsh sport pony I'd seen a few times (never ridden), and admired from afar.

It wasn't until about a year ago that I saw the pony again and learned her name isn't Winnie, but Queenie... which isn't her real name, either, of course, horses always have long fancy names, but that's what she was called.

I'm okay with the name now, I'm sticking with it, and anyway, some of the Winnies I threw onto the ice at Worlds are kinda famous now, so...

I use dd2_edge on internet when I am in fandom mode and I've stuck to it for more than a decade. (I used dd2_hk on twitter but I'm a lurker there.) "dd" stands for day dreamer. My best friend is dd1 (though she quits it now) so I'm dd2. "edge" stand for The Edge, my favourite guitarist from U2.

I used to be very obsessed with the anime Nodame Cantabile (like I saw the anime, live action, movies, everything XD) there is one main character Chiaki was asked to become the new orchestra conductor of the Roux-Marlet Orchestra, I started using that username when I learn about yuzuru because yuzu reminded me a lot like a combination of the two main characters :love: :pbow:

My nick is from Japanese manga/anime Ranma 1/2, Shampoo was one of the main female characters...

Shampoo has a curse: if she gets wet with cold water, she becomes a beautiful kitten; Then, my nick is her name, and I added the animal in which she is transformed, in Japanese language (cat = neko) ^^

Here is Shampoo in her two versions: human and kitty :3

latest?cb=20091016200157

My nick is from Japanese manga/anime Ranma 1/2, Shampoo was one of the main female characters...

Shampoo has a curse: if she gets wet with cold water, she becomes a beautiful kitten; Then, my nick is her name, and I added the animal in which she is transformed, in Japanese language (cat = neko) ^^

latest?cb=20091016200157

I love your username :) I love the word shampoo a lot, lol

oh stupid me, I never made that connection :love: I used to love that series

(It's also still the first thing I think about when I see the nickname P Chan :rofl2: sorry Chan fans, no offense, it just is what it is)

latest?cb=20091016200157

I knew it! Hahaha, that was the first thing i thought about when i read your name :P

oh stupid me, I never made that connection :love: I used to love that series

(It's also still the first thing I think about when I see the nickname P Chan :rofl2: sorry Chan fans, no offense, it just is what it is)

You're not the only one who thinks that :P

And my name...

It's obvious that it is because i LOVE his hydroblade but...

I used to love Boston's Requiem, i watched it multiple times a day crying every time lol.

Then one day i watched NHK's Seimei carefully...

And this is the moment i realized there was no way to turn back:

G51Z.gif([link=http://ametist-95.livejournal.com/4169.html]X[/link])

So, i love everything he does on the ice, but something about that specific hydroblade made me realize that he is a super super special space kitty.

Also it's a name that has absolutely nothing to do with my other internet names :P

So fun reading everyone's stories !

My user name is kinda really complicated ... In Greece (Where I live) there is this famous animated movie ''Σεβάχ: Ο Θρύλος των Επτά Θαλασσών'' which translates to ''Sinbad: Legend of the Seven Seas''. The protagonist is called ''Σεβάχ ο Θαλασσινός'' = ''Sinbad the Sailor''. One day I was walking home with a friend and she told me she didn't like my instagram name and that I should change it. The sierra part of my name is actually my last name with an extra letter.The pronunciation for ''Σεβάχ ο Θαλασσινός'' is ''Sebax o thalasinos'' and my last name is Serra so she said ''Call yourself Serrax o thalasinos..'' (which is obviously not the case).As time passed though, I thought more and more about it and really wanted to do something with the idea. This is when I said a sailor has to do with coasts and I could change my name to sound like something I found a while ago

http://www.sierraclub.org/california/coast-ocean

{California coast protection club;Sierra}

This is pretty much the story...sorry if it was a little long... :pooh: