2020 Summer Olympic Games in Tokyo

sallycinnamon

Swimming events are done (except for open water) - USA won the medal table but not as convincingly as 5 years ago in Rio. They are still good at individual events but less on relays. Australia is the true winner of swimming this year, they really closed the gap to USA with their 9 golds. Japan was #4 in Rio with 7 medals now they only got 3, and two of them were by Yui Ohashi. Hungary was #3 in Rio but also dropped down with 2 medals this time (though their number of finalst was very good and they got many 4th place finishers so it's not that bad as some say).

I'm not interested in athletics so I won't watch that next week. I'll turn my attention to canoe sprint, water polo, open water swimming, rhyhtmic gymnastics, artistic swimming, wrestling and some others that I probably forget now.

Sorry for the double post, but I am a mess, and I need to post this.

Unseeded, partners with 10 years gap, Greys doesn't have low serve (almost a fatal weakness in badminton, esp for a double player), and they did it.

First (and probably only) Gold for Indonesia in this Olympics as well.

Sobs

brb, I am going to continue crying

2 hours ago, yuzupon said:

Sorry for the double post, but I am a mess, and I need to post this.

Unseeded, partners with 10 years gap, Greys doesn't have low serve (almost a fatal weakness in badminton, esp for a double player), and they did it.

First (and probably only) Gold for Indonesia in this Olympics as well.

Sobs

brb, I am going to continue crying

Congratulations on their gold medal! :clap:

Liu Yang won in rings, next is WAG floor final.

Simone is planning to compete in the balance beam final tomorrow.

Hm I preferred Ferrari's and Mai's routines over Jade's, to me Jade's routine was too much acrobatics, I like interesting choreos and good performances more. Congratulations to the medalists, to Vanessa on winning her first Olympics medal at age 30, and to Mai on winning Japan's first WAG medal in the past six decades.