The Planet's BTS Fan Club

rockstaryuzu

3 hours ago, ralucutzagy said:

eh I was hoping he will join Jikook for MAMA ... 

We can still hope - he is getting an award.  It's a toss-up if one is about to be more or less restricted in all things: go to get a last ARMY boost with my two friends or go someplace warm where I can swim and have some alone time?  Since we know that there will be coverage of his departure, I guess we'll see then.  If it's at Gimpo, then Japan (though you can get further away than that from Gimpo). If Incheon, then an international flight on a big plane.

I just watched JKs concert a second time....and now I'm an emotional mess😭🙈.

The first time I was fixated on his performances and the subs, this time I kind of took it all in....BigHit really needs to start getting us concert recordings as audio CDs, it's always soooo much better live then the recorded version.

This is cool. I've never heard JK's hidden vocals on ON before. 

Jin's Chinese fans created a children's library and his Indonesian fans donated to Palestinians. A couple of his past birthday projects were planting trees for a forest - one was named "Epiphany" forest in Indonesia and the other is Jin forest in Seoul. One of his fan sites is trying to raise money for some billboard project and is currently short - I want to suggest donating to the Korea Animal Welfare Association in his name since it's a cause he loves, but I imagine comments from the peanut gallery are not particularly welcome. While I understand that the idol has to see the birthday project in order to feel the fan's love, I'm hard pressed to donate money for something silly that has no real impact - Jin won't even be able to see it this year.

https://www.allkpop.com/article/2023/01/indonesian-tv-news-reported-on-the-creation-of-a-new-forest-in-honor-of-btss-jin

https://www.allkpop.com/article/2023/02/fan-dedicated-jin-forest-in-seoul-receives-an-award-by-the-general-assembly-of-seoul-environment-association

The Chinese fans have the right idea, and the Indonesian fans are giving the money where it's needed most. Until recent events, I had no clue Indonesia did so much charity work in Gaza - did you know they fund an entire hospital? 

Don't get me wrong, I love the very cute fan projects, but in the current times  I think charity work is more in keeping with what the members would prefer.

Also, according to Dispatch, Tae's off to London ( @Whoopiewoop)

I almost forgot: @amylance1215 - did your friend survive the video call fansign?

51 minutes ago, rockstaryuzu said:

The Chinese fans have the right idea, and the Indonesian fans are giving the money where it's needed most. Until recent events, I had no clue Indonesia did so much charity work in Gaza - did you know they fund an entire hospital? 

Don't get me wrong, I love the very cute fan projects, but in the current times  I think charity work is more in keeping with what the members would prefer.

I almost forgot: @amylance1215 - did your friend survive the video call fansign?

I'm guessing that the Indonesian fans may have an affinity towards Palestinians because Islam is the predominant religion there. 

I, too, think the Chinese fans had a great idea.  I'd like something that will have an actual positive impact (which a billboard will not).  Maybe we can, or someone can, look at something or someplace he's donated to before - one of those big donations that we hear about after they've done it.  

And London?  I am really curious what he's up to.

55 minutes ago, barbara said:

I'm guessing that the Indonesian fans may have an affinity towards Palestinians because Islam is the predominant religion there. 

I, too, think the Chinese fans had a great idea.  I'd like something that will have an actual positive impact (which a billboard will not).  Maybe we can, or someone can, look at something or someplace he's donated to before - one of those big donations that we hear about after they've done it.  

I don't know what the motive is for the Indonesian fans, but I don't think you need to have a common religion to empathize with people's suffering. I'm atheist and I'm horrified by the few things I've read.

That's why I suggest the Korea Animal Welfare Association; he celebrated his 26th birthday by making a large donation to them. He seems to favor animal charities in general. He donated his prize money from You Quiz on the Block to "Beagle Rescue Network". And his beloved Jjiangu was a rescue.

https://www.allkpop.com/article/2022/01/btss-jin-donates-money-to-an-organization-rescuing-dogs-that-were-victims-of-animal-testing

https://www.koreaboo.com/news/bts-jin-birthday-donation-animal-shelter/

But another good option would be UNICEF Korea. Jin was inducted into the UNICEF Honors Club. They recognized him for his donations and he only accepted because he thought that bringing attention to his donations would cause others to donate.
https://www.soompi.com/article/1328766wpp/btss-jin-becomes-member-of-unicefs-honors-club-for-his-generous-donations

ETA: this clip is all over my timeline. I want to find someone to try this with me. There's a few clips on my timeline that I've never seen before - I assume something got released that I don't know about. Now that we're nearing the end of Run BTS, maybe we can take turns buying the different offerings from Hybe and sharing them, though that'll require using a different format for the Watch Parties

6 hours ago, Old Cat Lady said:

I don't know what the motive is for the Indonesian fans, but I don't think you need to have a common religion to empathize with people's suffering. I'm atheist and I'm horrified by the few things I've read.

Just to clarify: it's Indonesia, the country, that's funding the hospital. Not Indonesian ARMY. Though I wouldn't put it past ARMY to fund a hospital if they put their minds to it

6 hours ago, Old Cat Lady said:

That's why I suggest the Korea Animal Welfare Association; he celebrated his 26th birthday by making a large donation to them. He seems to favor animal charities in general. He donated his prize money from You Quiz on the Block to "Beagle Rescue Network". And his beloved Jjiangu was a rescue.

https://www.allkpop.com/article/2022/01/btss-jin-donates-money-to-an-organization-rescuing-dogs-that-were-victims-of-animal-testing

https://www.koreaboo.com/news/bts-jin-birthday-donation-animal-shelter/

But another good option would be UNICEF Korea. Jin was inducted into the UNICEF Honors Club. They recognized him for his donations and he only accepted because he thought that bringing attention to his donations would cause others to donate.
https://www.soompi.com/article/1328766wpp/btss-jin-becomes-member-of-unicefs-honors-club-for-his-generous-donations

ETA: this clip is all over my timeline. I want to find someone to try this with me. There's a few clips on my timeline that I've never seen before - I assume something got released that I don't know about. Now that we're nearing the end of Run BTS, maybe we can take turns buying the different offerings from Hybe and sharing them, though that'll require using a different format for the Watch Parties

I think this is one of the behind-the-scenes clips that comes with the purchase of the PTD in the US video package. Which, despite being boxed like a DVD with all the extras, is in fact a digital code that you use for downloading from Weverse

7 hours ago, rockstaryuzu said:

Meh, too bad I'm 4 hours away from London lol