General Yuzuru Chat

20 minutes ago, Melodie said:

I don't think skipping JNats means he is skipping the Olys, if JSF lets him go (they would be one of the stupidiest sports feds in the entire universe if they don't honestly, but what do I know).

Olys is a stop on his journey to get the 4A so IMO if he can go, he would probably go cos he stated earlier this season that he needed to attend as many comps as possible. 

Well, if it's only competition time he heeds, he can go to 4CC as well. Doesn't need to be the Olympics.

If he decides to go to Beijing, we can be sure that his goal is winning, not just showing up.

5 minutes ago, Henni147 said:

Well, if it's only competition time he heeds, he can go to 4CC as well. Doesn't need to be the Olympics.

If he decides to go to Beijing, we can be sure that his goal is winning, not just showing up.

True. That too. It can be 4CC and/or Olys and/or Worlds and/or next season. Anything he needs, really :)

But I'm just saying, even if he doesn't do JNats, not sending him to Olys would be incredibly stupid. Whether he goes tho is a different matter and it is only for him to know.

Well, I am trying to cope with crushing disappointment and concern about Yuzu’s health, but one consolation is that Yuzu is already a two-time Olympic Champion. A huge presence in men’s figure skating. I miss him horribly, I’d give a lot to see a glimpse of his new SP, but at least he’s got nothing to prove, right? 

Get well soon Yuzu!
It's good to hear his condition is slowly but surely improving. Praying hard there won't be any pain by the time of nationals, so he can compete. But of course, only if he's fully recovered (which I'm not sure how possible is in just 5 weeks ), I don't want him to skate out of a sense of duty on painkillers. I miss him so so so much :smiley-sad021:

22分钟前, Fay说:

Well, I am trying to cope with crushing disappointment and concern about Yuzu’s health, but one consolation is that Yuzu is already a two-time Olympic Champion. A huge presence in men’s figure skating. I miss him horribly, I’d give a lot to see a glimpse of his new SP, but at least he’s got nothing to prove, right? 

The impulse behind us to see him in competition (no matter what competition) is because we just love him so much and we miss him so much, the emotional side tends to overcome the rational/calculated side sometimes. I think it is rather an easier decision to make to skip COR, compared with the Olympics. I try to think in his shoes (well, of course in the end only he knows), if going to another Olymics does more harm than good. It must be very very very tough for him so even now (less than two months left to decide) he does not indicate anything about Olympics, neither to JSF nor public. Remember in the press conference of 21 WC, he wished Nathan good luck in the Olympics. Personally, I tend to refrain myself from thinking too much of his chance going to Olympics, but keep faith in seeing Yuzu again, including his new SP/costume/and...4F.....AND 4A when the best time comes for Yuzu! just to survive the waves of expectation hyped by media as Olympics come closer.  

39 minutes ago, Saawa said:

Good recovery Yuzu!
It is good to hear that his condition is improving slowly but surely. By praying hard that there is no pain at the time of the national championships, he can therefore compete. But of course, only if he's fully recovered ( which I don't know if it's possible in just 5 weeks  ), I don't want him to skate out of a sense of duty with pain killers. i miss him so so so much : smiley-sad021:

Of course it does us good to read that it is getting better and better and I had to take a magnifying glass to read the lowercase  :biggrin: and, of course, I think it is possible in 5 weeks, because ALL athletes are entitled to advanced technology (sports physiotherapist / rehabilitation every day) and I found an article that explains it better

https://ween-hub.org/la-reeducation-du-sportif-une-phase-necessaire/   must think of the mind that is necessary in healing (for the financier Yuzu have no problem) and we, the non high level athlete do not have the same rehabilitation and I rely on me who had surgery on the right shoulder last year (a tendon of the rotator cuff that had come off and it hurts) and I had 7 months before regaining full motor skills in my arm  :girlsigh: and 7 weeks with very strong opium-based analgesics, because touching the bone hurts a lot ...., but no competition and objective sports like Yuzu, and of course  : iagree: with your last sentence and patiently await his return : snonegai:

As much as it was expected, still sad knowing we'll have to wait another month (at least) to see Yuzu again. Of course it's the right decision and I hope Yuzu continues focusing on the best treatment/recovery possible. But now the big question will be if Yuzu will compete in Nationals or skip that as well? It seems this injury is either not as severe, or Yuzu has had more time to recover, so it seems more likely he will compete in Nationals this year versus as it was in 2017. 

Although the JSF has said Yuzu will not be counted out if he doesn't compete, I see a lot of comments (that I should ignore) that Yuzu should compete at Nationals because he doesn't enjoy the privilege of being the only Japanese gold contender (love Shoma but he was not expected to get gold in 2018). Yuma does have a shot if Nathan, Shoma, or even Vincent (ugh) mess up (and maybe if Yuma changes his SP). The JSF certainly has Yuma in first place and Shoma, given his competitions this season, has the second slot. Yuzu, on the basis of his world standing alone, should be guaranteed the third slot. But honestly, given comments from Yuzu himself it really doesn't seem he has the desire to compete at the 2022 Olympics like he did four years ago. I feel that if he was able to do the 4A prior to the Olympics he would have retired or refused the Olympic spot. I believe that if he does go to the Olympics and he's in good shape he certainly can get on the podium, but if it's anything less than gold the media coverage over XYZ defeating 2x OGM Yuzuru Hanyu will be unbearable. 

1 hour ago, KendallKlaire said:

As much as it was expected, still sad knowing we'll have to wait another month (at least) to see Yuzu again. Of course it's the right decision and I hope Yuzu continues focusing on the best treatment/recovery possible. But now the big question will be if Yuzu will compete in Nationals or skip that as well? It seems this injury is either not as severe, or Yuzu has had more time to recover, so it seems more likely he will compete in Nationals this year versus as it was in 2017. 

Although the JSF has said Yuzu will not be counted out if he doesn't compete, I see a lot of comments (that I should ignore) that Yuzu should compete at Nationals because he doesn't enjoy the privilege of being the only Japanese gold contender (love Shoma but he was not expected to get gold in 2018). Yuma does have a shot if Nathan, Shoma, or even Vincent (ugh) mess up (and maybe if Yuma changes his SP). The JSF certainly has Yuma in first place and Shoma, given his competitions this season, has the second slot. Yuzu, on the basis of his world standing alone, should be guaranteed the third slot. But honestly, given comments from Yuzu himself it really doesn't seem he has the desire to compete at the 2022 Olympics like he did four years ago. I feel that if he was able to do the 4A prior to the Olympics he would have retired or refused the Olympic spot. I believe that if he does go to the Olympics and he's in good shape he certainly can get on the podium, but if it's anything less than gold the media coverage over XYZ defeating 2x OGM Yuzuru Hanyu will be unbearable. 

I guess Yuzuru won't go to Beijing if he doesn't plan to jump 4A there...

Guest Mary_kyo

I have this proposal for ISU. Halt all the current competitions and postpone Olympics till they can come up with a reliable judging system. Because there is no hope in the current messy one, it is getting out of hand.:banginghead:

Honestly, I don’t want him to go to Beijing to be lowballed by judges when others get rewards for what they don’t do on the ice. I really hate the idea of using him as a stepping stone for raising skaters who don’t deserve at least 10-20 points of their scores. I would be happier if he goes to 4CC to land 4A and skip Beijing. If anyone thinks judging in Olympics is more fair compared to GPS, they should look at how the USA judge scored Yuzu vs Nathan in 2018.:gaah:

I wonder if Yuzuru has his eye on Worlds rather than Olys - he'd love a third World championship I bet ....plus it's that circle again - starting with a Worlds medal in 2012 and (potentially) ending with one in 2022, 10 years on?? Just a thought! The main thing he wants to do is 4A (plus landing all the quads so 4F too) and unless he can start training soon I wonder if 4A is likely this season? How strong will his ankle need to be to start pounding it with 4A attempts? I don't know the answer, these are just my questions! Anyway I was really glad to hear his report of progress, whilst also being gutted not to see him skating again soon. Main thing is he gives himself the time he needs, there is no rush, next season is still there for him if he wants to continue.

I have taken my time to catch up on the Grand Prix Series (I have to admit it’s selective skaters) and am consoled that despite his young age, Yuma and Shoma (who was having issues with his jumps previously) have stepped up to medal at the competitions they have taken part in. More importantly, their scores make them medal contenders for Beijing Olympics (silver and/or bronze. Ahem, we know the gold has already been reserved…) which will not upset the US narrative but sit nicely with it.

This, however, on a brighter note means that the duty and expectations of bringing home Olympics medal(s) do not have to rest solely on Yuzu’s shoulders. I hope this will free him to focus on his ultimate goal of writing history by being the first man to land a 4A in a competition.

Speaking of which he can decide on which stage (Japan Nationals, 4CC, Beijing Olympics) he wants to debut the 4A whenever his ankle is ready. I would personally prefer the biggest stage of all - the Olympics, if it's possible. As the risk of injury is heightened for him, my wish is he goes for as few competitions as he could. In fact, it would be so out of this world if he just participate in only one comp but the biggest one of all this season and gave the world two ideal (by his standards) performances in which he also debut his 4A - hallelujah!:coolio:

Him attaining his ultimate goal would surely eclipse everything else that happens at the Beijing Olympics. For me, this would be sweetest revenge for what he has gone through for the past few seasons. Praying, praying for the best possible outcome for Yuzu:smiley-angelic001::smiley-angelic001:

Guest Mary_kyo
17 minutes ago, YuzuSkating_IsTheTruth said:

In fact, it would be so out of this world if he just participate in only one comp but the biggest one of all this season and gave the world two ideal (by his standards) performances in which he also debut his 4A - hallelujah!:coolio:

oh...… It's actually a delicious scenario :girlsigh: but is it possible to successfully debut an "impossible" jump under the pressure of Olympics? Maybe Yuzu is built different but I can't imagine that quality in anyone. 

2 hours ago, Pammi said:

I wonder if Yuzuru has his eye on Worlds rather than Olys - he'd love a third World championship I bet ....plus it's that circle again - starting with a Worlds medal in 2012 and (potentially) ending with one in 2022, 10 years on?? Just a thought! The main thing he wants to do is 4A (plus landing all the quads so 4F too) and unless he can start training soon I wonder if 4A is likely this season? How strong will his ankle need to be to start pounding it with 4A attempts? I don't know the answer, these are just my questions! Anyway I was really glad to hear his report of progress, whilst also being gutted not to see him skating again soon. Main thing is he gives himself the time he needs, there is no rush, next season is still there for him if he wants to continue.

I was thinking the same thing. If his focus is totally on 4A only, then, depending on the severity of the injury, the time frame to heal and then train properly might put things towards March rather than February. But, yeah, that's just me wondering out loud... only he knows what is possible/probable considering his status.

If he actually aims at Worlds (and plans on releasing the beast there) then that would suit me just fine - I've taken the dive and bought tickets for it after all despite the outrageous prices. Got tummy aches and all. Unlike CoR, Worlds would be the only competition I would attend without Yuzu going. Even though he is the main reason I watch FS, and it would make me sob ugly if he doesn't go, there are still some beautiful gems I would like to watch skate in real life too. And it's closer to home.

I hope he is doing fine. Probably still frustrated but on the right track of picking himself back up. He's a tough cookie after all, we love him to bits and he knows it.