Jump to content

General Yuzuru Chat


Recommended Posts

11 hours ago, Melodie said:

- He got 2 0s (!!!!!!) for his 4S, whose range go from an abysmal 0 to a very impressive score of 4.

- The Czech judge was vibing hard and I'm here for it because Yuzu should have received something like 110 anyway. 

- Someone must have pissed off the GBR judge because everyone's scores were lower (but of course, the least affected one was N because he is the American darling and pioneer of the FS world right? And or course, Yuzu screwed up so badly) 

 

I want to be fair. The landing of the opening 4S was not ideal (the quality of the 4S at WTT was far superior). It's also a fact that Yuzu made a hop in the first cluster of the StSq and his overall commitment to the performance was a bit stronger at WTT. So the score of the Swiss judge was probably the closest to reality with 109. Personally, I would have given +5 for the sit spin and 9.75 for transitions, but that doesn't change much.

 

For whatever reason, the GBR judge seemed to have a crush on Shoma. While every skater got 5-13 points less from her than the panel's average, Shoma got only 2 points less. In any way, Mrs Davidson deserves a cell for long-term inmates in Azkaban.

 

 

Back to Yuzu's SPs. In a logical world with fair scoring the results should have been roughly as follows (I put the difference to the official scores in brackets):

114 4CC Chopin (-3)
110 COR (0) & NHK (-1) & JNats Otonal (0)
109

SC Otonal (0), Worlds LMEY (-3)

108 JNats LMEY (-5)
107 WTT LMEY (0)

 

Fight me, but the difference between 4CC Chopin and the other performances was there. We got some really strong versions of Otonal, but none of them was so squeaky clean and refined in quality as Ballade. Particularly the section with the combo, where the music had to be re-edited to fit into the second half, felt not quite right and that should be reflected in the scores.

 

The only reason why I did not give 4CC Ballade the max score of 116 is:

- The 4S could have been a bit higher and the landing position maintained a second longer before going into the SE (like he did with the 3A at SC 2015)

- The camel spin lost a bit in speed towards the end

- The sit spin was not as perfectly centered as it used to be

- And the dramaturgical distribution of the jumps with the combo on the crescendo in the second half was better in the Oly version, so only 9.75 for composition.

Everything else was on point with deserved +5 and 10.00. The 111 that he got was a crime for this masterpiece.

 

 

I would be very interested in your opinions, too. As a fanyu it's hard to be fully objective. Maybe I'm too friendly, maybe too picky, but this is my impression.

Link to comment
18 minutes ago, Henni147 said:

 

I want to be fair. The landing of the opening 4S was not ideal (the quality of the 4S at WTT was far superior). It's also a fact that Yuzu made a hop in the first cluster of the StSq and his overall commitment to the performance was a bit stronger at WTT. So the score of the Swiss judge was probably the closest to reality with 109. Personally, I would have given +5 for the sit spin and 9.75 for transitions, but that doesn't change much.

 

For whatever reason, the GBR judge seemed to have a crush on Shoma. While every skater got 5-13 points less from her than the panel's average, Shoma got only 2 points less. In any way, Mrs Davidson deserves a cell for long-term inmates in Azkaban.

 

 

Back to Yuzu's SPs. In a logical world with fair scoring the results should have been roughly as follows (I put the difference to the official scores in brackets):

114 4CC Chopin (-3)
110 COR (0) & NHK (-1) & JNats Otonal (0)
109

SC Otonal (0), Worlds LMEY (-3)

108 JNats LMEY (-5)
107 WTT LMEY (0)

 

Fight me, but the difference between 4CC Chopin and the other performances was there. We got some really strong versions of Otonal, but none of them was so squeaky clean and refined in quality as Ballade. Particularly the section with the combo, where the music had to be re-edited to fit into the second half, felt not quite right and that should be reflected in the scores.

 

The only reason why I did not give 4CC Ballade the max score of 116 is:

- The 4S could have been a bit higher and the landing position maintained a second longer before going into the SE (like he did with the 3A at SC 2015)

- The camel spin lost a bit in speed towards the end

- The sit spin was not as perfectly centered as it used to be

- And the dramaturgical distribution of the jumps with the combo on the crescendo in the second half was better in the Oly version, so only 9.75 for composition.

Everything else was on point with deserved +5 and 10.00. The 111 that he got was a crime for this masterpiece.

 

 

I would be very interested in your opinions, too. As a fanyu it's hard to be fully objective. Maybe I'm too friendly, maybe too picky, but this is my impression.

In any way, Mrs Davidson deserves a cell for long-term inmates in Azkaban => You had me rolling on the floor 😂😂😂😂😂

 

Anyway, really appreciate your opinions :) 

 

Here's mine:

 

Re: WC LMEY: The 4S did not have a perfect landing, true, but in no way did it deserve a 0. Other than that, his 3A was on point. What were their reasons to NOT give his 3A a +5 across the board???? His combo was also a beauty so it should be showered with just +4 and +5 (and definitely NOT a 2). I wouldn't mind the Czech judge going for 111 or the Swiss judge for 109. I would take either :) Speaking of performance, given how loud the cheers were, I would imagine the entire arena had a blast during Yuzu's LMEY LOL. And if they did not have to be on the judging panel, probably the Czech judge would have been out there wilding already 🤣

 

Re: Chopin's ballade: His Olys ver was the best out there, followed by 4CC's and miles ahead of his Barcelona or ACI vers. His Olys ver should have received at least 113 - 114 and 4CC at least 112 - 113.

 

Re: Otonal: Agree with you completely :) 

Link to comment
35 minutes ago, Melodie said:

Re: WC LMEY: The 4S did not have a perfect landing, true, but in no way did it deserve a 0. Other than that, his 3A was on point. What were their reasons to NOT give his 3A a +5 across the board???? His combo was also a beauty so it should be showered with just +4 and +5 (and definitely NOT a 2). I wouldn't mind the Czech judge going for 111 or the Swiss judge for 109. I would take either :) Speaking of performance, given how loud the cheers were, I would imagine the entire arena had a blast during Yuzu's LMEY LOL. And if they did not have to be on the judging panel, probably the Czech judge would have been out there wilding already 🤣

 

Re: Chopin's ballade: His Olys ver was the best out there, followed by 4CC's and miles ahead of his Barcelona or ACI vers. His Olys ver should have received at least 113 - 114 and 4CC at least 112 - 113.

 

About LMEY: Yes to everything above.

 

Ballade: I liked the transitions and interpretation more at 4CC, the performance and composition more at Olys. So PCS should be about the same.

The 4S and the combo were a bit cleaner in quality at 4CC, but the 10% bonus at Olys should close the gap. So overall both skates a 114 for me.

 

Personally, I really liked GPF and ACI, too. GPF was super in tune with the music, but a bit rough in skating, especially the step sequence. ACI had a perfection and calmness that impressed me a lot. No tension at all, as if it was the most natural thing to do. So yeah:

114

Olympics, 4CC

(and FaOI Makuhari with 4Lo)

112 ACI
110 GPF and Boston Worlds

 

If we imagine SC Otonal practice with spins, that would have been a deserved 112-113, too. Best Otonal we got, but still one point behind Oly and 4CC Ballade because of the music edit. With ACI 2018 music edit and layback spin 114 :10636614:

Link to comment
57 minutes ago, Henni147 said:

 

About LMEY: Yes to everything above.

 

Ballade: I liked the transitions and interpretation more at 4CC, the performance and composition more at Olys. So PCS should be about the same.

The 4S and the combo were a bit cleaner in quality at 4CC, but the 10% bonus at Olys should close the gap. So overall both skates a 114 for me.

 

Personally, I really liked GPF and ACI, too. GPF was super in tune with the music, but a bit rough in skating, especially the step sequence. ACI had a perfection and calmness that impressed me a lot. No tension at all, as if it was the most natural thing to do. So yeah:

114

Olympics, 4CC

(and FaOI Makuhari with 4Lo)

112 ACI
110 GPF and Boston Worlds

 

If we imagine SC Otonal practice with spins, that would have been a deserved 112-113, too. Best Otonal we got, but still one point behind Oly and 4CC Ballade because of the music edit. With ACI 2018 music edit and layback spin 114 :10636614:

Re: Ballade, IMO on PCS, his Olys was still > 4CC but only slightly so. Agree with your opinions on the jumps in 4CC and the GPF ver, but I didn't like his ACI ver that much cos I thought it was a bit hectic (very contrary to you LOL). His Olys and 4CC vers were calmer IMO. 

 

Re: Otonal, totally agree!

Link to comment

Back from his performance:sadPooh: tear jerking ones as well. And the fact that he was skating to white legend, his first senior debut program, when he’s (most likely) approaching the end of his competitive skating career.

Had been through a lot these few years, as well as Yuzu. I’m forever grateful that he’s still the one pulling me up when I’m at my worst(s).

Man, I can’t fathom what I’ll become without his existence

Link to comment

Wisteria flowers have the power to ward off evil (made known by "Demon Slayer" https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Demon_Slayer:_Kimetsu_no_Yaiba).
It's also a good luck flower because it's pronounced the same as "immortal" and "unparalleled".

 

All of the following are pronounced as "fuji"

藤  - wisteria

不死 ("fushi") or 不死身 fujimi - immortal 

不二  - unparalleled (aka 無二 - muni)

富士 - Mt. Fuji (the kanji 不二 is sometimes used for Mt. Fuji)

 

 

This post has been tagged by yuzuangel as [NEWS].
Link to comment

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...