General Yuzuru Chat

4 hours ago, Pammi said:

Just been watching Yuzu vids on YT and up came Sochi's gala White Legend - Given Yuzuru's been going through his old programmes for gala and ice show skates during this and last season, it occurred to me he might choose this for the gala at CoR - I'd love to see it so much with his improved everything skills! and his improved everything body/muscles! That gorgeous (Russian with Japanese influence) music and that programme in Sochi 2021, feels right somehow...I've already booked my accommodation lol!! 

What do you think folks? Another satellite has suggested he might do PW because...well Sochi, but I think WL is more likely as he hasn't skated this publicly since 2014 I think?? Not that I'd mind PW at all, it was pretty hot at SCI - one of the fancam's is brilliant as it makes you feel part of the audience, the screaming was so funny, I smile through the whole of the programme!!

Oh, SCI PW was amazing. Funny story about the screaming: I actually ended up sitting near a skater's family at SCI 2019 and we ended up getting along pretty well. After Yuzu skated at the gala (and obviously I was screaming right along with the rest of the crowd), I said something to the skater's grandmother along the lines of "Uh, that program's pretty popular with the ladies..." and she replied "I noticed, dear."

The fact that there is a small but possible chance that this story may actually have made it back to Yuzu is simultaneously one of the funniest and most embarrassing moments of my life as a skating fan. :headdesk2:

4 hours ago, Pammi said:

Just been watching Yuzu vids on YT and up came Sochi's gala White Legend - Given Yuzuru's been going through his old programmes for gala and ice show skates during this and last season, it occurred to me he might choose this for the gala at CoR - I'd love to see it so much with his improved everything skills! and his improved everything body/muscles! That gorgeous (Russian with Japanese influence) music and that programme in Sochi 2021, feels right somehow...I've already booked my accommodation lol!! .....

....What do you think folks? Another satellite has suggested he might do PW because...well Sochi, but I think WL is more likely as he hasn't skated this publicly since 2014 I think?? Not that I'd mind PW at all, it was pretty hot at SCI - one of the fancam's is brilliant as it makes you feel part of the audience, the screaming was so funny, I smile through the whole of the programme!!

White Legend! Excellent choice. I forgot he skated that for the gala at Sochi. I only thought of PW because I know he skated it as a gala program before, plus it was his record-breaking program at Sochi, so good memories for him.

2 hours ago, yumeaki said:

It depends on your hotel. Many hotels can provide letter of invitation, some free, some at an extra fees. However if you intend to stay in cheaper accommodation like airbnb, the owner may not be able to provide the letter (it's quite an effort for them to get one I think) but you can find some online sites which can provide you the letter at a fees. I'm unsure of which online site is OK since I never tried them but I think you can find some recommendation on travel blogs via Google which was how I know about these sites when researching on the topic for my trip to CoR in 2018. 

Just remember that every city requires a separate letter of invite so if you want to travel before or after the comp to different cities, get a letter for each of your city of accommodation. 

Ah... I am jealous of everyone planning to go to the comp. I am still a bit wary of the virus (+ quarantine requirement) so will probably wait until at least next year then think about going to a comp. 

All this talk of visas and booking accommodations gets me excited and makes me think that I should try too... but then you remind me there's still a pandemic going on. :13877886:  I'm not really comfortable planning travel yet either. I thought SCI might be ok since Canada has been more careful about trying to control the virus, but Russia has been :facepalm:. But the lineup for COR is so amazing. Not only Yuzu, but also Roman, Keiji, and Kazuki! Plus I also enjoy Camden and Matteo, and I really want to see Misha skate live!!!

18 minutes ago, barbara said:

It's also been reported that all hotel accommodations anywhere near the venue were instantly booked 100%, so getting a place to stay that would be able to provide that documentation required looks pretty difficult, if not impossible.

Does the hotel have to be near the venue to provide the documentation? I haven't looked into it, but maybe all well-known hotels can provide the documentation? I can't believe I'm contemplating going to Russia.... only for Yuzu!

Then there are the comps in Japan. I know tickets will be a bloodbath, but if they reopen borders, do you think there will be a lottery for foreigners?

Plus there's also Beijing Olys, and sorting out the visa situation there and whether or not we'll be able to attend. :14066882:

56 minutes ago, hananistellata said:

I saw that a couple of people on Twitter ordered the Yuzu'll Be Back photobook from Amazon but when it arrived it was wet and all the pages were stuck onto eachother! :eeking: Has this happened to anyone else? 

no mine was fine - gorgeous too!

1 hour ago, barbara said:

My video is actually clearer, but I don't have a YouTube channel, so, oh, well....  It was magical.

Oh please please upload to google drive and post link on here!! :snonegai:

5 hours ago, Pammi said:

I looked on booking.com and looked near the venue - I think many bookings have already been made so don't wait for Monday would be my advice!

thanks

3 hours ago, barbara said:

It's also been reported that all hotel accommodations anywhere near the venue were instantly booked 100%, so getting a place to stay that would be able to provide that documentation required looks pretty difficult, if not impossible.

ooooooooooo s:censor:t

2 hours ago, hananistellata said:

I saw that a couple of people on Twitter ordered the Yuzu'll Be Back photobook from Amazon but when it arrived it was wet and all the pages were stuck onto eachother! :eeking: Has this happened to anyone else? 

mine was perfect and has arrived earlier than expected

Okay - I've never uploaded anything to Google Drive and am clueless if this will work...  To be fair to the other PW poster, the lighting was very weird in the arena for the SCI Gala, so clarity isn't magnificent.  Also, I stopped recording as soon as he was done so I could scream appropriately and not be messing with my iPhone (and, yes, this was with an iPhone6).  For me, it's especially sweet to know who those loudest screams are from (just behind me).

https://drive.google.com/file/d/12d3pMeNNkKEb8VpAV7W83O1Tlz7GQz2n/view?usp=sharing

4 hours ago, river said:

Oh, SCI PW was amazing. Funny story about the screaming: I actually ended up sitting near a skater's family at SCI 2019 and we ended up getting along pretty well. After Yuzu skated at the gala (and obviously I was screaming right along with the rest of the crowd), I said something to the skater's grandmother along the lines of "Uh, that program's pretty popular with the ladies..." and she replied "I noticed, dear."

The fact that there is a small but possible chance that this story may actually have made it back to Yuzu is simultaneously one of the funniest and most embarrassing moments of my life as a skating fan. :headdesk2:

I think Yuzu has made it abundantly clear that he likes it when we scream, so no need to feel embarrassed.  

And also:roll: Awesome story!

On 7/2/2021 at 4:20 AM, Henni147 said:

Yes, I feel exactly the same as you. Watching his determination and fighting spirit in this performance was inspirational in many ways. You can argue, if it was too reckless or dangerous, but in the end it turned out to be a good decision.

Sadly, I know people, who only watched this performance because of the drama and blood and sensation, which I find simply disgusting. Same with the big number of people who were curious about the crash itself. But that's how it is.

The people who gawk at traffic accidents, hoping to see death and mayhem are just disgusting. But the people who make me really mad are the ones who are angry at Yuzu's coach and others because they think Yuzu should have been FORCED to withdraw - people who wanted others to take his right to choose away, as if he were a stupid child. Yuzu didn't make that decision lightly. EVERYTHING is in his calculation. To recognize him as the GOAT is to recognize that YUZU is the one in control of his destiny. 

6 hours ago, Pammi said:

I love fancam's so much, I think they should be allowed at all competitions!! They give a totally different view and feel, and this one in particular of PW at SCI is just so joyful! You dont get the same feel from the official version in my opinion.

So many satellites were in that audience! We made our presence felt. :hairflip:

7 minutes ago, Toni said:

The people who are speechless at road accidents, hoping to see death and chaos are simply disgusting. But the people who really drive me crazy are the ones who are angry with Yuzu's trainer and the others because they think Yuzu should have been FORCED to stand down - people who wanted others to take away his right to go. choose, as if he was a stupid child. Yuzu did not take this decision lightly. EVERYTHING is in its calculation. To recognize him as the GOAT is to recognize that YUZU is the one who controls his destiny. 

I've written about this before and I'm really reading here " human stupidity :animated-smileys-angry-033: and since I have no networks, I learn that Brian is being attacked too : it's really madness  :curse:  and they want to, so , absolutely that Yuzu retire and I know that Yuzu calculates everything and makes daily notes in a notebook : he is hyper perfectionist and "maybe" that these "people" don't like it  :thumbsdown: : success leads to jealousy and of wickedness : /

On 7/2/2021 at 4:26 AM, Sha said:

For the longest time, I couldn't bring myself to watch it. I avoided all the videos about the crash and also his program because I just couldn't do it. The thought of him injured so badly and hurting so much makes my heart clench in sorrow. Only month after I became a fan that I watched the video and his program and it made me tear up because of how determined he was to compete and do his best. His love for skating is truly awe-inspiring and motivational. I cried too when I saw his score. 

I was in a ballet troupe when I was young. Pain is just part of the life for certain professions. You know how Yuzu laughed as he showed his black and blue knee to that lady in the video? That's actually a typical reaction to injury. Dancers show off injuries like they're old soldiers, bragging about war wounds. You should see the feet of prima ballerinas. I was never that good, so my feet never got as mutilated as theirs, but I remember the odd pride they had, showing off their injuries. Don't worry, Yuzu will be alright, even if he has to stop skating due to injury. Never forget, this is the life he CHOSE, with full knowledge of the dangers.

4 minutes ago, Toni said:

I was in a ballet troupe when I was young. Pain is a part of the life of some professions. You know how Yuzu laughed as he showed his black and blue knee to this lady in the video? This is actually a typical reaction to an injury. The dancers show off their wounds as if they were old soldiers, bragging about their war wounds. You should see the feet of the prima ballerinas. I've never been so good, so my feet have never been as mutilated as theirs, but I remember the strange pride they had in showing their injuries. Don't worry, Yuzu will be fine even if he has to stop skating due to an injury.Never forget, this is the life he CHOSEN, fully aware of the dangers.

I really like classical ballets (I put a video of Swan Lake above with the theme of WT) and I wanted to dig further / see how the lessons are going at the dance school / see warm-ups of the dancers on the barre and the like and once there was a star showing her feet : she had to put corn / blister / cotton bandages around her toes and yet when they dance they are light  and graceful Like nothing ever happened !!!!! and I clearly saw Yuzu showing his knee and of course they knew that there would be suffering and think of the multiple e cchymos by learning the jumps on his young body  : the ice is very hard ++ ++ 

49 minutes ago, Yuzuwinnie said:

I really like classical ballets (I put a video of Swan Lake above with the theme of WT) and I wanted to dig further / see how the lessons are going at the dance school / see warm-ups of the dancers on the barre and the like and once there was a star showing her feet : she had to put corn / blister / cotton bandages around her toes and yet when they dance they are light  and graceful Like nothing ever happened !!!!! and I clearly saw Yuzu showing his knee and of course they knew that there would be suffering and think of the multiple e cchymos by learning the jumps on his young body  : the ice is very hard ++ ++ 

True. True. Ballet appears light and graceful, but the dancers are actually always in pain. Yuzu will have a lot of pain from those injuries when he's old. 

By the way, can you do me a favor? When you quote me, the text is not the same as what I said. I think you're translating my text into French and then translating it back into English. Please replace your translation with my original English text. I only ask because the double translation is actually changing the meaning of my words, so it isn't actually a quote anymore. I will appreciate it very much. :rolleyes: