General Yuzuru Chat

15 minutes left to this mostly unmemorable year. People having been setting off fireworks for two hours already. The dogs are not happy.  But I am glad to put 202 in the rear view mirror.  Bookended with Yuzu victories - that's the memorable part.  And continued support and shared enthusiasm from all the satellites.  A most Happy New Year to us all!!!  And vaccines for everybody.  And live skating.  And more Yuzu.  

Health and happiness in 2021!  (And I did get fireworks - I'm just saving them for Jan.20 when here in the states, we'll have something to celebrate.)

13 hours ago, Figure_Frenzy said:

It's still an hour and 25 minutes (...more or less :P ) to new year at where I am, but yeah, I wish the Planet™ happy new year 🎉🎊🎁🌟🎆🎆, may 2021 be the recovery year for everyone 🙏🙏🙏

I find it a bit funny too that everyone suddenly talks about their NYE dinner, but now I am joining in anyway 😅 — I am eating mie Aceh tonight, come midnight I might just snack on the snacks that I have ;)

I was supposed to be in Jakarta to work on my thesis around this time but, obviously, can't travel due to Covid. While I'm glad to be healthy and safe, I wish I was in Jakarta eating mie Aceh with friends (one of my friends is from Aceh so I go by his recommendations of where is best in JKT). I hope it was wonderful! 

Hopefully the new year brings us all better things and a return to what we probably had taken for granted. The ability to see our friends near and far, to see our favourite skaters compete in person or at all. I hope to see what Yuzu can make his two new programs into - they are wonderful, of course, but we all know the kind of magic he can somehow breathe into programs once he's had some time with them even when it didn't seem like there was room for improvement before.

I love how the love for Hanyu grows over the years in China. (well he's really really endearing.)

I once chatted in a Chinese Fanyu group chat and they told me that many years ago they used to dislike him (because of some historical stuff between nationalities that happened in the past) and hoped that he can break a leg. Then they told me that afterwards they started loving him suddenly and have no idea why

its difficult for antis to become really hardcore fans but Hanyu did it :devilYuzu: 

12 minutes ago, Yuzu_legend said:

Well, according the translations I've seen the last years, they really wax poetry about him!! :tumblr_inline_n18qr5lPWB1qid2nw::tumblr_inline_mto5i3wxFW1qid2nw:

Yes!! Chinese fans really love writing poetic stuff about the people they admire~ And the ones for Yuzuru are more than just beautiful. I’m serious.