General Yuzuru Chat

1 minute ago, Melodie said:

What took them so long LOL? Is it because the troll has been residing in his forest for so long the media sort of becomes rustic when it comes to detecting any news at all about him? :rofl3:

Look, they learnt about it from the twitter, just like we did. 

11 minutes ago, Fay said:

they are not used to learning things this way. And then they have to get permission to publish stuff and write something. We don't. 

Fair enough, but I still expect them to like be a bit faster. 

Anyway, it really comes down to the moment where bare minimum is applied to every one LOL.

PS: I have an inkling feeling they have something else in store about Yuzu and just wait for the right moment to release. 

1 hour ago, Melodie said:

Fair enough, but I still expect them to like be a bit faster. 

Anyway, it really comes down to the moment where bare minimum is applied to every one LOL.

PS: I have an inkling feeling they have something else in store about Yuzu and just wait for the right moment to release. 

I wish! The more they tell, the less we feel the void. 
but on other hand, this is what is supposed to stand in stead of a Great White Wall in November? 

Waseda announced weeks before that the livestream of the graduation ceremony that Yuzuru was listed for,  would be held on 20 Sept at 10am. He was not present oc. Only 2 recipients from each faculty course were invited and they were distanced throughout the auditorium as were the dignitaries on stage. I stayed awake until 2am UK time and it was special to know that he would be watching it too. The chancellor’s speech was very applicable to Yuzu as it emphasised that Waseda mission was to prepare students to be able to go out into the world with the skills to make it a better place and he’s already done that. 

There was a rendition of the Waseda song so I know how to pronounce Wassy da after hearing the name sung many times. In the morning we had Prosecco and orange juice, and prawn cocktail which is a favourite for a celebration brunch. 
At the time there was lots of Twitter activity and congratulations, even the manufacturer of the equipment used for the Motion Capture, contributed.  But the Cameroon newspaper sure brought back some good memories of a  kinda surreal middle of the night experience 

On 11/8/2020 at 2:00 PM, Flossy said:

Waseda announced weeks before that the livestream of the graduation ceremony that Yuzuru was listed for,  would be held on 20 Sept at 10am. He was not present oc. Only 2 recipients from each faculty course were invited and they were distanced throughout the auditorium as were the dignitaries on stage. I stayed awake until 2am UK time and it was special to know that he would be watching it too. The chancellor’s speech was very applicable to Yuzu as it emphasised that Waseda mission was to prepare students to be able to go out into the world with the skills to make it a better place and he’s already done that. 

There was a rendition of the Waseda song so I know how to pronounce Wassy da after hearing the name sung many times. In the morning we had Prosecco and orange juice, and prawn cocktail which is a favourite for a celebration brunch. 
At the time there was lots of Twitter activity and congratulations, even the manufacturer of the equipment used for the Motion Capture, contributed.  But the Cameroon newspaper sure brought back some good memories of a  kinda surreal middle of the night experience 

Waseda announced, then deleted the announcement, published stuff seeming to indicate Yuzu was graduating, then deleted it. Hence why 'Schrodinger's graduation' became a thing - no one was sure. 

[NEWS]

Leo Ishizuka, another kohai skater of Yuzu in Waseda is congratulating Yuzu on his graduation.

Translation of his message:
"Yuzuru Hanyu senshu,
Congratulations on your graduation!
I feel honored to belong to Waseda with you and to have been able to compete together at the All Japan Championships last year for the first time in my life!
I will continue to work hard, taking pride in being your kohai!

#Yuzuru Hanyu senshu
#Congratulations on your graduation!"

You can find Yuzu in Leo profile picture (It is the one taken after JNats last year)

Translation of Shingo's message posted above by Fay :
"Hanyu senpai, congratulations on your graduation! I found the news in Waseda's PR magazine. I have to study hard like you!"