General Yuzuru Chat

14 minutes ago, barbara said:

Oddly, not my Alexa's fave.  First she said Sasha Cohen and when I specifically inquired about male figure skaters, she went with Alexei Yagudin, which is ridiculous.  Hasn't this Alexa been paying attention to what I watch?

That’s strange – is it only Canadian Alexa that replies with Yuzuru Hanyu? Each country must have a different answer for this question because when I asked, “Alexa, who is your favourite male figure skater?” the reply was: “I like Kurt Browning.”

@barbara, I think you need to give your Alexa a good shake!

1 minute ago, Geo1 said:

That’s strange – is it only Canadian Alexa that replies with Yuzuru Hanyu? Each country must have a different answer for this question because when I asked, “Alexa, who is your favourite male figure skater?” the reply was: “I like Kurt Browning.”

@barbara, I think you need to give your Alexa a good shake!

I did correct her. But she's still getting it wrong.  She found Yuzu on the web and actually said he's "one of the best" and that "his warm-up routine may not be for everybody." What? I LOVE his warm-ups.   I rephrased my question to "current" skater, male skater, favorite, best - I need a new Alexa.

16 minutes ago, zootown said:

I'll try this as soon as I get home! Will it work in any language???

Yes, just ask the question in the language you usually use when using Alexa. I am very interested in what she says to the questions: “Alexa, who is your favourite figure skater?” and “Alexa, who is your favourite male figure skater?”

15 minutes ago, barbara said:

I did correct her. But she's still getting it wrong.  She found Yuzu on the web and actually said he's "one of the best" and that "his warm-up routine may not be for everybody." What? I LOVE his warm-ups.   I rephrased my question to "current" skater, male skater, favorite, best - I need a new Alexa.

When I asked, “Alexa, who is Yuzuru Hanyu?” the reply was:

“According to Wikipedia, Yuzuru Hanyu is a Japanese figure skater who competes in the men’s singles discipline. He is a two-time Olympic champion, a two-time world champion, four-time Grand Prix final champion, a Four Continents champion, 2010 junior champion, 2009-2010 Junior Grand Prix Final champion and four-time national champion.”

1 hour ago, barbara said:

Oddly, not my Alexa's fave.  First she said Sasha Cohen and when I specifically inquired about male figure skaters, she went with Alexei Yagudin, which is ridiculous.  Hasn't this Alexa been paying attention to what I watch?

Be careful with what you wish for Barbara, that is  one of the reasons I have not yet introduced Alexa or the other one...I worry about my privacy

49 minutes ago, barbara said:

:consoling2:

but also :68468287: IMO, better no Alexa than a traitorous Alexa :P

the comment about his warm up routine might come from some feature about his PyeongChang warm up? For sure TV commentators were rather WTF at Yuzu's exercises :rofl:

A good moment to re-read the translation of Kikuchi's book, PyeongChang chapter <3

https://yuzusorbet.tumblr.com/post/630328400852271105/continuing-kikuchi-senseis-book-strongly#notes

There was a video showing Yuzuru sitting on a bucket with wheels and moving around;  that was one of it.  People who saw it may have thought,  "What is he playing?“

That is a custom-made product, a bucket-shaped chair fitted with wheels used for wheelchair basketball.  To move around freely on it, one has to be very conscious of the transverse abdominal muscles that surround the abdomen, the erector spinae muscles that support the spine, and other such parts of the torso;  it is a training device.

4 hours ago, barbara said:

Just ask Alexa who's the G.O.A.T. That oughta do it.

On 10/8/2020 at 5:31 AM, FlyingCamel said:

💕

I think Gogolev is the only one who's had the opportunity to train with both Yuzu and Nate, so he's seen both of them up close on a regular basis. 

I don't have Alexa, so I entered "who is your favorite figure skater" in the Google search bar. Top result returned is from https://www.thetoptens.com/favorite-figure-skater-of-all-time/ :

Who is the best figure skater of all time?
Favorite Figure Skater of All Time
  • Yuzuru Hanyu. I think he is one of the biggest talents in figure skating history. ...

Google knows who is the super hero that can fly! :wink_star:

9 hours ago, Geo1 said:

When I asked, “Alexa, who is Yuzuru Hanyu?” the reply was:

“According to Wikipedia, Yuzuru Hanyu is a Japanese figure skater who competes in the men’s singles discipline. He is a two-time Olympic champion, a two-time world champion, four-time Grand Prix final champion, a Four Continents champion, 2010 junior champion, 2009-2010 Junior Grand Prix Final champion and four-time national champion.”

She said the same to me.  I think her response is different in response to the phrasing of the question.  There's all kinds of ways to ask about him, but it's that initial response to the "favorite skater" that seems unpredictable. 

On 10/6/2020 at 1:04 PM, Frenchkiss70 said:

Fanyus do your thing 💪💪

I just went back to check the results so far and Yuzu is continuing to widen his lead with 64.61% – over twice the votes of second-place Shoma Uno who presently has 31.4%. In waaaaayyy distant third-place is popular ballplayer Shohei Ohtani with a meager 1.41%. Everyone else has less than 1% each.

35 minutes ago, Geo1 said:

I just went back to check the results so far and Yuzu is continuing to widen his lead with 64.61% – over twice the votes of second-place Shoma Uno who presently has 31.4%. In waaaaayyy distant third-place is popular ballplayer Shohei Ohtani with a meager 1.41%. Everyone else has less than 1% each.

actually, in the last (several) minutes I've been engaging in a fierce battle with some Shoma fans out there - and I've been losing, 'cause percentage is now below that (and lowering at quite an alarming pace, considering how many rounds of voting it takes to change a mere 0.1) :laughing:

but I gotta go to sleep, so leaving the task to whoever has the patience to open new private browsing tabs

39 minutes ago, LadyLou said:

actually, in the last (several) minutes I've been engaging in a fierce battle with some Shoma fans out there - and I've been losing, 'cause percentage is now below that (and lowering at quite an alarming pace, considering how many rounds of voting it takes to change a mere 0.1) :laughing:

but I gotta go to sleep, so leaving the task to whoever has the patience to open new private browsing tabs

Now it's Yuzu 64.28% and Shoma 31.82%. Yuzu has lost 0.33% and Shoma has gained 0.42% in the last hour or so! Come on Fanyus get back in the fight and regain those fractions of percentages!