General Yuzuru Chat

1 hour ago, Purple said:

Much as I love Yuzu, I would prefer for him to retire after he lands the 4A. Rather than have ISU screw him over and over and over again.

Yeah,, because Yuzu is not the type of skater to be happy with getting silver or bronze medals. He wants Gold or nothing, so if the ISU system will not give him Gold, I feel he will leave the sport earlier than he wants to stay.  

7 hours ago, ZuCritter said:

Am I the only one who thinks the world needs a Hanyu/Cizeron program? Talk about :003:

ISU will never sanction it, but we could petition FaOI ...

:hihi: 

No, no, no. Hanyu/Papadakis for the comedy gold. They're both so quirky and have such a sense of fun. It would be delightful to see what they'd come up with

7 hours ago, barbara said:

I think he'd be mobbed.  Maybe TCC could manage to arrange a private showing outside of regular museum open hours.  I think he would LOVE it.

No, you don't understand what the ROM is like. If he times his visit to the right time of day, no one will even realize it's him.

6 hours ago, ZuCritter said:

Surefire formula for shaming the purveyors of bogus comparisons and hype about rivalries: reprise the programs of purported rivals as your Ex. 

:kitty:

Of course, it would also embarrass the other skaters, so Yuzu would (correctly) never do it.

:8:

I bet he would do it side by side with Nathan if Nathan asked, though.

It’s kind of frustrating to read some of the comments at other forums about skating fanbases. It’s true that every fanbase has their fair share of bad apples, that’s a complaint I can acknowledge. However, most of us are not saying NC did not deserve to win (let alone are we “hating” on him), we’re just upset about ISU’s inability to follow their own rules and always giving out +5 GOEs to jumps that have little to no transitions. All we ask is that they judge all skaters accordingly, per the written standards. And yes, most of the people going after ISU are fanyus, but can you blame us when we’re literally the biggest fanbase right now (there’s thousands, possibly millions of us out there all riled up, so of course we’ll stand out). We’re only asking for positive changes to be made, changes that will even benefit their favorite skaters and many future skaters to come.  No more politicking; no more corruption. Just be fair to every athlete, please. 

3 hours ago, RockstarYuzuru said:

It’s kind of frustrating to read some of the comments at other forums about skating fanbases. It’s true that every fanbase has their fair share of bad apples, that’s a complaint I can acknowledge. However, most of us are not saying NC did not deserve to win (let alone are we “hating” on him), we’re just upset about ISU’s inability to follow their own rules and always giving out +5 GOEs to jumps that have little to no transitions. All we ask is that they judge all skaters accordingly, per the written standards. And yes, most of the people going after ISU are fanyus, but can you blame us when we’re literally the biggest fanbase right now (there’s thousands, possibly millions of us out there all riled up, so of course we’ll stand out). We’re only asking for positive changes to be made, changes that will even benefit their favorite skaters and many future skaters to come.  No more politicking; no more corruption. Just be fair to every athlete, please. 

In my experience, a lot of Nathan fans are very quick to characterize any criticism of his skating or his scores as "hate", or they'll say that he shouldn't ever be criticized in any way because he works so hard (as if working hard is unique to him and not something that all elite athletes do). Also just generally speaking, people who know deep down that their fave is overscored are going to be prickly and defensive when scoring discourse starts. It's not always worth engaging with that, and similarly, I feel that not all skating forums are worth my time and energy to read. That forum does not make my cut.

3 hours ago, RockstarYuzuru said:

It’s kind of frustrating to read some of the comments at GoldenSkate forums about skating fanbases. It’s true that every fanbase has their fair share of bad apples, that’s a complaint I can acknowledge. However, most of us are not saying NC did not deserve to win (let alone are we “hating” on him), we’re just upset about ISU’s inability to follow their own rules and always giving out +5 GOEs to jumps that have little to no transitions. All we ask is that they judge all skaters accordingly, per the written standards. And yes, most of the people going after ISU are fanyus, but can you blame us when we’re literally the biggest fanbase right now (there’s thousands, possibly millions of us out there all riled up, so of course we’ll stand out). We’re only asking for positive changes to be made, changes that will even benefit their favorite skaters and many future skaters to come.  No more politicking; no more corruption. Just be fair to every athlete, please. 

That other forum has a fairly large contingent of members who don't like either Yuzu or  fanyus. So those comments are about what I would expect from them. 

3 hours ago, holina said:

Are there JNats threads yet?  Or is it too early?

Also can some kind soul give me some instructions as to how I can watch from Canada? :snonegai:

Cross-posting from the Team Japan thread,

@madraykin said you can watch Fuji TV here: https://mov3.co/en/fujitv/

For other Japanese broadcast channels, you can probably use an iSakura subscription. I've used them to watch FaOI previously.

Go to https://japannettv.com/wpshop/  and select Products > iSakuraPro

Depending on which station you need, you can choose different subscriptions and you can buy just 3 days or 7 days, so it's pretty cheap.

Here is the broadcast schedule:

35 minutes ago, IceWings said:

Cross-posting from the Team Japan thread,

@madraykin said you can watch Fuji TV here: https://mov3.co/en/fujitv/

For other Japanese broadcast channels, you can probably use an iSakura subscription. I've used them to watch FaOI previously.

Go to https://japannettv.com/wpshop/  and select Products > iSakuraPro

Depending on which station you need, you can choose different subscriptions and you can buy just 3 days or 7 days, so it's pretty cheap.

Here is the broadcast schedule:

Which of these subscriptions have you tried? Im thinking of buying the iSakuraPro mini for 3 days. Will I be able to watch JNats with it?

10 minutes ago, mokjakarma said:

Which of these subscriptions have you tried? Im thinking of buying the iSakuraPro mini for 3 days. Will I be able to watch JNats with it?

I bought the iSakuraPro mini for watching FaOI, but I remember one time it didn't have the channel I needed and I really should have bought the 48 channel subscription instead.

You have to translate the Japanese channels listed on the iSakura website to the English channels listed on the broadcast schedule in the Tweet. My Japanese is kind of non-existent, so I depend on Google translate, but maybe someone with better Japanese skills can let us know which subscription we need.

8 minutes ago, IceWings said:

My Japanese is kind of non-existent,

Same! But if this is the correct link for the channel list, i think they have an english translation now? http://www.isakuraiptv.com/home/channel-list

I have another question though, do you know why there are only two versions (96 channels and 48 channels) available on isakuraiptv.com versus the three versions available on japannettv.com?

23 minutes ago, mokjakarma said:

Same! But if this is the correct link for the channel list, i think they have an english translation now? http://www.isakuraiptv.com/home/channel-list

I have another question though, do you know why there are only two versions (96 channels and 48 channels) available on isakuraiptv.com versus the three versions available on japannettv.com?

I don't know why there are only 2 versions on  isakuraiptv.com. Also the channel lists are different too. For example, the 48 channel subscription on isakuraiptv.com lists channel 5 as TBS, but japannettv.com lists TBS on channel 4.

When I was watching FaOI, I went off the channel lists on japannettv.com.

Looks like Fuji TV and BS Fuji are available on the 24 channel subscription, but CS Fuji TV One and CS Fuji TV Next are only available on the 98 channel subscription. The subscription cost between the 2 are only about $2 difference though.

10 minutes ago, IceWings said:

I don't know why there are only 2 versions on  isakuraiptv.com. Also the channel lists are different too. For example, the 48 channel subscription on isakuraiptv.com lists channel 5 as TBS, but japannettv.com lists TBS on channel 4.

When I was watching FaOI, I went off the channel lists on japannettv.com.

Looks like Fuji TV and BS Fuji are available on the 24 channel subscription, but CS Fuji TV One and CS Fuji TV Next are only available on the 98 channel subscription. The subscription cost between the 2 are only about $2 difference though.

Omg this is too confusing 😂😂. What will you be using to watch JNats though? 48 Channel subscription? I can't imagine doing this for anyone else. I don't even watch local tv in my country. 

11 minutes ago, mokjakarma said:

Omg this is too confusing 😂😂. What will you be using to watch JNats though? 48 Channel subscription? I can't imagine doing this for anyone else. I don't even watch local tv in my country. 

I suspect JNats is going to be in the middle of the night in my time zone and I will have to work the next day, so haven't really decided whether or not I will try to catch it live or just watch replays. Iirc, the subscriptions do allow you to watch later, but usually someone will upload the important stuff to YouTube also.