General Yuzuru Chat

23 minutes ago, memae said:

Origin 1.0 costume is a masterpiece.  If it doesn't win a costume award, nothing should. 

Yuzu's recent competition and gala costumes are all gorgeous artworks and exhibits. I would prefer a museum with his costumes to Louvre anytime (and I'm a huge Louvre fan) :xD:

14 minutes ago, Henni147 said:

Yuzu's recent competition and gala costumes are all gorgeous artworks and exhibits. I would prefer a museum with his costumes to Louvre anytime (and I'm a huge Louvre fan) :xD:

I would cross the world for a Satomi exhibition. She's incredible at her job

5 hours ago, quadaxelwin said:

This whole HPB talk was draining, even though I only lurk on twitter.

I think the best thing we should do is try and get him that ISU award by voting like crazy :nod2:

I want him to win 

Most Valuable Skater: Honors the Single Skater or Pair or Ice Dance Couple who best managed to increase the level of popularity of Figure Skating related to the fan base involvement, media attention and sponsors appreciation

or 

Lifetime Achievement Award: Honors a Figure Skating legend having achieved great success and popularity and is considered as a role model in the Figure Skating World.

I have a feeling Yuzu can't get lifetime achievement awards until he retires though. But I want to vote for both of them.

To be honest, I feel like the best costume awards are reserved for ladies, unless Yuzu gets a killer costume like Notte Stellata, Haru yo Koi or the Requiem Sparkle Salad. But I doubt they would count EX dresses for the vote. 

Best Costume is Jean-Luc Baker with the Dead Black Swan, hands down. But I bet they won't let that one count because it's the Ex

3 hours ago, Paskud said:

Most Valuable will go to Zu to only prove that he is ISU cash cow.

Lifetime will be either Plush or V/M.

I think lifetime is going to be somebody really old, who's been around skating for decades in many capacities. It probably won't be someone famous. 

2 hours ago, memae said:

I would cross the world for a Satomi exhibition. She's incredible at her job

Which brings me to: it would make more sense if the award was for best costume designer, not best costume. It would have more gravitas if you're celebrating someone's whole body of work rather than just one design.

2 minutes ago, rockstaryuzu said:

I think lifetime is going to be somebody really old, who's been around skating for decades in many capacities. It probably won't be someone famous. 

Ari Zakarian is initiator of awards circus and he wanted to start it 8 or 9 years ago. Right after Vancouver.

7 minutes ago, Paskud said:

Ari Zakarian is initiator of awards circus and he wanted to start it 8 or 9 years ago. Right after Vancouver.

Yeah he won't be getting lifetime achievement any time soon. 

I think who ever said Dick Button has the right idea. It'll be someone like that. 

Birthday thing.

Spoiler

Apparently some Japanese fans misunderstood and freaked out that the idea was to get the ISU a involved in celebrating his birthday and doing it during competition. :facepalm: 

I hope next time people won’t start angry mobs instead of just, you know, speaking directly to the OP and not spreading false information. It’s really put a damper on something that was supposed to be warm and fuzzy. 

ETA I should have said a misunderstanding occurred. I didn’t want to sound accusatory. It’s hard to know where along the line wires got crossed and it’s just that a frustrating miscommunication seems to have happened. 

13 minutes ago, SparkleSalad said:

Birthday thing.

Hide contents

Apparently some Japanese fans misunderstood and freaked out that the idea was to get the ISU a involved in celebrating his birthday and doing it during competition. :facepalm: 

I hope next time people won’t start angry mobs instead of just, you know, speaking directly to the OP and not spreading false information. It’s really put a damper on something that was supposed to be warm and fuzzy. 

:headdesk2: