General Yuzuru Chat

Between all the scoring mess I totally missed THIS:

Yuzuru Hanyu has completed his first LV4 step sequence in a freeskate since WTT 2017!! (That was in Hope & Legacy) :surprised_pikachu:

In fact it's been more than two years since his last one. Crazy.

Okay, it's another question, whether all those LV3's were legit or not...

7 hours ago, YellowShib said:

I know we think showering Yuzu with love and support is the best way to stand by him, but as spectators of the sport I think we are entitled to express our opinion re: it's governing body. Idk if everyone will agree with this approach, but I think what the tweet suggest is a reasonable path to take should you be comfortable. We know ISU does not have an (working) accountability system for judges' decision, but if many people complain, at worst it ought to give them a bit of shiver (there are plenty of evidence online for the competition judging). Also I have never done anything like this so if this step out of line, admin please let me know.

I second this question and the proposal - shouldn't we at least complain and let ISU know that people see and know what they are doing?!.. Even if they completely ignore the complaints, at least we know that we tried, that we did something pro-active... 

At times like this, we feel so useless. I do understand that judging itself is not easy and I do not ask them to give Yuzuru like 95 PCS or so. But giving out wrong calls affecting his scoring potential, and not even a sorry or a review (because he won anyway, right). This is just ridiculous. They should have a reviewing team regarding the technical calls even though the placements might not change.

10 hours ago, Louitunes said:

I'm for going back to the old marking system.  Fans should all turn up with boards with number 6 written on them.  When he finishes unanimously show our boards in complete silence for two minutes then usual uplifting shouts, screams, congratulations and Pooh throwing.  If they cannot score appropriately then the audience does. 

Just joking but it'd sure show how we feel. 

No. The 6.0 system was far worse and more corrupt than anything we see today. As a fan who started watching FS during the 6.0 era, I can guarantee that if the ISU went back to that, Yuzu would never win again.

9 hours ago, fyere0 said:

Just noticed that the On Ice Perspectives guy (the one out in the middle at the ceremony, whom Keegan showed off some footwork for before he left) was following Yuzu around with a video camera off the ice as well as on. We will get some cool videos from him.

I can't wait! I've been hoping and praying that Jordan would get to film Yuzu one day. Would be even better if he got to film Yuzu while skating with him.

1 hour ago, Henni147 said:

Between all the scoring mess I totally missed THIS:

Yuzuru Hanyu has completed his first LV4 step sequence in a freeskate since WTT 2017!! (That was in Hope & Legacy) :surprised_pikachu:

In fact it's been more than two years since his last one. Crazy.

Okay, it's another question, whether all those LV3's were legit or not...

Oh wow, i completely missed this as well! That's pretty darn amazing c: 

Don't even get me started on how some of his past step sequences were deemed LV3's... I'll go on for hours '-' 

7 minutes ago, rockstaryuzu said:

No. The 6.0 system was far worse and more corrupt than anything we see today. As a fan who started watching FS during the 6.0 era, I can guarantee that if the ISU went back to that, Yuzu would never win again.

Completely agree. Lately i've watched competitions that my grandma taped a long time ago with her explaining the judging to me (she used to compete locally under the old judging) and it was a complete shit show. No matter how unfair the system is now, i have no doubt that the new one is one of the factors that has allowed Yuzuru to prosper and grow the way he has and i wouldn't change that for anything. 

16 minutes ago, rockstaryuzu said:

I was thinking more of an easy visual way of displaying the highest score possible to let the crowd offer their marks than actually going back to the old judging system.  

I also watched FS in that era. 

1 minute ago, Louitunes said:

I was thinking more of an easy visual way of displaying the highest score possible to let the crowd offer their marks than actually going back to the old judging system.  

I also watched FS in that era. 

I think something like a poster with '110+', '220+', '340+', etc would convey the same meaning and put it in today's terms. 

Or use the GOE or component values max. '9.75' or '+5 GOE' says it very succinctly. 

11 minutes ago, rockstaryuzu said:

I think something like a poster with '110+', '220+', '340+', etc would convey the same meaning and put it in today's terms. 

Or use the GOE or component values max. '9.75' or '+5 GOE' says it very succinctly. 

:1497158260_5GOE: