General Yuzuru Chat

Hace 2 horas, Xen said:

@Vulnavia:

Hmm, a bit of thought on your readings. I'm hiding it since it's not exactly happy thoughts.

Reveal hidden contents

When it comes to strategy, the issue is to win the war, you don't have to win each battle.

Yuzu needs to figure out which one is his "war" and which are his battles. It's again an issue of prioritization, and deciding which takes center stage.  And let's not get into "big war" versus "little war."

In my opinion, if I were Yuzu, the war is worlds. Except for olympics, worlds is where the war is. Secondary battles are GPF, GP series, and whether he likes it or not, getting new jumps.

But in order to win the war- World's medal- he needs to choose his battles wisely. So perhaps the question is for him, a decision that he may consider at any other time, cowardly, unlikely, uncharacteristic etc. What I am saying is that perhaps he needs to tune it back a bit and again, go with trusty 4S and 4T as his staple quads, and use his 3A as his weapon of choice. He won the olympics with them only, and so far the men are all struggling with stamina issues, that we've yet to see many clean quads in the long.

What I would do if I were him, and thinking of this more holistically is what the ultimate goals are this season: if my goal is to peak at worlds and win, then it's perfectly fine that until I must, I do not put in any jump other than the 4S and 4T. I play with my layout a bit to see what I could earn, maximum, with my stable jumps. Then work in the 3F and 3Lz to have a bit more room to manuver. Then work on my stamina. Then work on the older quads I missed, such as 4Lo. Then new jumps 4A only get trained if I have time. Health and recovery is primary importance.

That is the "smaller war." The bigger war, and the one I think people are pressuring him to answer is will he go to 2022. If his answer is yes, then his entire strategy for 4 years will change, and the war will be Beijing 2022, with even worlds for this season being a "smaller war." Choose which ones you need to one wisely, and the ones you lose make sure you win the PR front is my suggestion. What I mean by this is, even if you don't win, make sure you make a mark-somewhat like he lost Rostelcom cup 2017 to Nathan, but he got a 4Lz. The 4Lz marks him as a threat and still in contention. But what his team decides to do, they MUST make up their minds on how long they wish to stay competitve because that will change your tactics the entire way.

Spoiler

the war and battles analogy is amazing. I mostly agree, though I think Worlds is just another battle for him -an important one but still-... I think his only war left to win and his clear goal is 4A, not even Beijing. that's why i was a bit selfishly happy when he said he'd delayed his plans to attempt 4A because i thought that meant we'd see him compete for longer. i can see them changing that strategy now. now i see why he should prioritize it and try to do it as soon as possible -as soon as he's rested and recovered ofc- since i don't know how much longer his ankle will stay healthy enough for him to train that jump...

1 hour ago, Salior said:

Nope I’m not going to cry in uni while on my break :13877886:

10 minutes ago, yuzuangel said:

Sigh with the rules change I feel like Yuzu could just do good 4S and 4Ts (which I feel like he can do for the rest of his life, seriously they are so smooth and perfect still even on an injured ankle!!!). But of course he wouldn't want to skate like that, that's not him. 

He’s such an inspiration regarding this though. I know figure skating is his passion but to take it this far is insane and incredible. Sure he loves winning but it’s not everything for him and he’s really driving us crazy w this :68468287:

26 minutes ago, yuzuangel said:

Sigh with the rules change I feel like Yuzu could just do good 4S and 4Ts (which I feel like he can do for the rest of his life, seriously they are so smooth and perfect still even on an injured ankle!!!). But of course he wouldn't want to skate like that, that's not him. 

I know. If it were me, I'd make the decision in a heartbeat that I'll stick with such a layout and only toy with 4Lo occassionally (maybe only 1 GP event and 1 GPF and 1 worlds). But I'm not an ambitious person like him. And of course, he would consider it not challenging enough, perhaps even cowardly, since he could do more.

But to me, this is the compromise and a decision he would have to make and he is loathe to make.

@ICeleste:

Spoiler

I think the problem is he hasn't made up his mind yet what his long term goal is-even though I'm sure there is one. Is it health+4A or is it health+Beijing or is it health+Beijing+4A? It's like that saying, between fast, cheap and good, you can pick 2 but don't try to be greedy and demand all three (well as project management goes).  He needs to, even if he doesn't want to, make a decision of what his 2 priorities are. And then his team can formulate a plan around it. If his goal was 4A, it's possible he could even take a season off to just heal up and train; if his goal is beijing, then he needs to heal up but not train 4A for the time being. It cannot be as simple as "I just want to win." And personally, it's possible that he could have health+Beijing+4A, just that perhaps the solution would not appear until he agrees that he can compromise on something, it's an issue of timing (in my opinion).

But we are where we are, and it won't be him to be any less driven and demanding. And of course, this is all arm-chair speculation, from a person who is highly unqualified to speculate. I'm not on his team, and I'm not him. And all of this is with the benefit of hindsight, which is not always available.

In short, sometimes I want to take him by the shoulders and shake him. :13877886:

But alas, life of a Fanyu. When in years down the road I can remind my daughter/neice/granddaughter about this.

"Remember dear, never fall for boys like these! They will drive you nuts, make you crazy, break your heart and inspire you all at once!"

"But auntie Xen/mom/granny Xen, did you succeed?"

"...No! Which is why I have these clear files and magazines of him that you are holding in your hands."

Random sentimental piece this morning:

Despite his multiple injuries over the years, and so many setbacks, I think its very telling that Yuzu's skating have never stagnated. Its terribly sad when he keeps being forced to rebuild but he does it and surpasses his level every time. When commentators says he makes it look easy all over again after he has overcome an injury remember that he had to work extra hard for that. Even after NHK and Olympics, this season Yuzu came roaring with skating that is beautiful and compelling. Its his decision to keep moving forward and his efforts are never in vain.

43 minutes ago, Xen said:

But alas, life of a Fanyu. When in years down the road I can remind my daughter/neice/granddaughter about this.

"Remember dear, never fall for boys like these! They will drive you nuts, make you crazy, break your heart and inspire you all at once!"

"But auntie Xen/mom/granny Xen, did you succeed?"

"...No! Which is why I have these clear files and magazines of him that you are holding in your hands."

Ni truer words have been spoken. I’m a new fan but I feel that once you’ve let that boy do his magic and get into your heart it’s a done deal. He’ll become a part of you for the better and the worse and you can’t regret it because even when it’s painful it’s still a beautiful ride.

6 hours ago, WinForPooh said:

Time to channel Yuzu and his absolute refusal to be distracted or give up. You can do it! Fanyus must always strive to be as like their Overlord as possible.

Should we boot you off the planet if we see you? :P So you don't spend time here?

Honestly, I probably should be booted off if I'm seen online. I gotta memorize the regulation of metabolic pathways (as well as all components of the pathways themselves) and talking about Yuzu won't help that, no matter how much I want it to :headdesk2:

6 hours ago, IceWings said:

Here's one. Good luck with your exam. You can do it!

YES Thank you very much!! :dancingpooh:

Hey... I've been out of figure skating and more importantly without news about Yuzuru's activities for a while, it's been a crazy half a year. I found out he got injured and god I hope he'll heal quickly and without any problems... I'm heartbroken over the fact that it has happened so soon after he finally healed from his last injury :tumblr_inline_mn41rkfu9v1qz4rgp:

I still have to ask though. If everything goes fine, do we know if he will be competing in Europe in 2019? I still have hope I'll get to see him live at least once even though we missed each other in Milan this year. Thank you.

After all, that happened this weekend, I needed to tame my emotions, because I don't think, Yuzu would want us to cry.

I wrote a short story. I wish it could be somehow delivered to Yuzu, but I have no idea how to do it.

So I am posting it here, for all of you and I will be happy, if it gives something to at least one other soul.

(And I apologize in advance for any mistakes or strange expressions.)

Spoiler

There was once a boy, who loved the stars. He lived in a small village next to a dark forest and dreamt about touching the stars. All villagers feared the forest and would not dare to wander inside. Only once a year, the bravest huntsmen left to the forest to catch little bear cubs. The boy would then sneak to their cages and let the bears out, to run back to the forest. The boy watched the stars every night and wished his bears happiness.  

One night, after the first snow, the boy watched the stars again. The brightest star flickered and fell into the forest. It remained, shining, on top of the tallest tree. The boy ran into the forest to fulfill his dream and touch the star. He ran through the deep snow and climbed the tree covered with ice. The ice was slippery and the boy kept falling. When he nearly reached the top, he fell again and broke his leg, but he never gave up and tried again many times. Finally, he reached the top and touched the star. The star filled his heart with golden light and the boy was happy. He climbed down the tree and exhausted, he lied in the snow.

The boy knew he won’t get back to the village. His leg was hurting and he could not move. No one will find him here. The boy was afraid, but refused to cry. Then, he saw many eyes watching him from the bushes. He was frightened, but refused to cry. The eyes came closer and the boy realized they belong to all his bears. The largest bear came to the boy and sniffed his leg. It then lowered itself and let the boy climb onto its back.

The bears and the boy disappeared into the deep forest to sleep through the winter. When the spring comes, the boy will return. Healthy, the star now shining in his heart.

Hace 1 hora, 4Nessie said:

After all, that happened this weekend, I needed to tame my emotions, because I don't think, Yuzu would want us to cry.

I wrote a short story. I wish it could be somehow delivered to Yuzu, but I have no idea how to do it.

So I am posting it here, for all of you and I will be happy, if it gives something to at least one other soul.

(And I apologize in advance for any mistakes or strange expressions.)

Hide contents

There was once a boy, who loved the stars. He lived in a small village next to a dark forest and dreamt about touching the stars. All villagers feared the forest and would not dare to wander inside. Only once a year, the bravest huntsmen left to the forest to catch little bear cubs. The boy would then sneak to their cages and let the bears out, to run back to the forest. The boy watched the stars every night and wished his bears happiness.  

One night, after the first snow, the boy watched the stars again. The brightest star flickered and fell into the forest. It remained, shining, on top of the tallest tree. The boy ran into the forest to fulfill his dream and touch the star. He ran through the deep snow and climbed the tree covered with ice. The ice was slippery and the boy kept falling. When he nearly reached the top, he fell again and broke his leg, but he never gave up and tried again many times. Finally, he reached the top and touched the star. The star filled his heart with golden light and the boy was happy. He climbed down the tree and exhausted, he lied in the snow.

The boy knew he won’t get back to the village. His leg was hurting and he could not move. No one will find him here. The boy was afraid, but refused to cry. Then, he saw many eyes watching him from the bushes. He was frightened, but refused to cry. The eyes came closer and the boy realized they belong to all his bears. The largest bear came to the boy and sniffed his leg. It then lowered itself and let the boy climb onto his back.

The bears and the boy disappeared into the deep forest to sleep through the winter. When the spring comes, the boy will return. Healthy, the star now shining in his heart.

thank you so much for sharing... :sadPooh: that was such a lovely story and it made me smile  :tumblr_inline_nhkezmeBaq1qid2nw: