General Yuzuru Chat

Perhaps the biggest news that emerged out of the Autumn Classic was the revelation that Hanyu was practicing a quad toe loop/triple axel combination and appeared ready to insert it into his free skate.

Though he did not execute it in the free skate, the mere fact that he contemplated it caused a buzz. Had the Sendai native pulled off the difficult combo, he would have been the first skater in history to achieve it in competition. [Jack Gallagher in an article in Ice Time (Japanese Times)]

Nobody seems to have picked up on the above.  The source here is reliable and I'm presuming he's not confusing this with Yuzu's very public pursuit of a 4A.  So if this is true, does it mean that Nessie has some company and that the lake might be more crowded than assumed?  What other tricks is Yuzu contemplating?  Is there a quint coming down the line also?

I don't know about a quint, but after seeing both programs I feel like Yuzu is trying to make his ultimate program, one that shows off all his abilities together. And then skate it clean. So maybe that's where the 4T3A is coming from.

Praying that he stays healthy all season, because if he does...just imagine what we'll see by the time Worlds roll around!!!:knc_yuzu1:

33 minutes ago, rockstaryuzu said:

Cripes. Yuzu was getting insane height on his 3As at ACI and making these kinda long drops to the ice after his rotations were finished, so I guessed it had to be from 4A training, but still...:omg:

And I can't tell, even after seeing Otonal, which program he's going to put it into... I mean there didn't seem to be any obvious places to drop in a monster jump in either one. 

Yeah the thing about an axel jump is its the take off is usually more obvious and aggressive compared to other edge jumps. If he's gonna do the 4A, it would most likely be a starting jump but I cant see it being the first jump for Otonal. The Salchow is perfect and suits the quiet temperament of the program, and a Loop would probably give a similar effect. Axel gives the best effect for dramatic program openings like RJ or POTO or as a jump in the middle. But if he is going to do a 4A, it cant be done when his stamina is running out. So I'm thinking it will be in Origin 

4A

4Loop

3Loop

4S3T

4Teuler3S

3A2T

3A

if he bombs the 4A, he might change the 3A to 4T3A maybe? As long as he could land the 4T, he could very probably get that 3A in the end since its success rate is very high. He's been doing it in ice shows for so many seasons

29 minutes ago, micaelis said:

Perhaps the biggest news that emerged out of the Autumn Classic was the revelation that Hanyu was practicing a quad toe loop/triple axel combination and appeared ready to insert it into his free skate.

Though he did not execute it in the free skate, the mere fact that he contemplated it caused a buzz. Had the Sendai native pulled off the difficult combo, he would have been the first skater in history to achieve it in competition. [Jack Gallagher in an article in Ice Time (Japanese Times)]

Nobody seems to have picked up on the above.  The source here is reliable and I'm presuming he's not confusing this with Yuzu's very public pursuit of a 4A.  So if this is true, does it mean that Nessie has some company and that the lake might be more crowded than assumed?  What other tricks is Yuzu contemplating?  Is there a quint coming down the line also?

He's been trying 4T3A and 3F in every ACI practice, I saw many tweets trying to figure out what the layout would be...

(though maybe it didn't make it on PH)

EDIT:

3 minutes ago, makebelieveup said:

Yeah the thing about an axel jump is its the take off is usually obvious and powerful compared to other edge jumps. If he's gonna do the 4A, it would most likely be a starting jump but I cant see it being the first jump for Otonal. The Salchow is perfect and suits the quiet temperament of the program, and a Loop would probably give a similar effect. Axel gives the best effect as dramatic program openings like RJ or POTO or usually in the middle. But if he is going to do a 4A, it cant be done when his stamina is running out. So I'm thinking it will be in Origin 

4A

4Loop

3Loop

4S3T

4Teuler3S

3A2T

3A

if he bombs the 4A, he might change the 3A to 4T3A maybe? As long as he could land the 4T, he could very probably get that 3A in the end since its success rate is very high

You know that's an insane line-up when you think about it. Just punishing. Not only on the joints but also stamina. And let's not forget he's got that hydroblade leap into spin in there too, which will be brutal in itself. ( Leaping sky-high from a contorted crouch position then holding your whole body rigid against centripetal force? Ouch!) No wonder he was saying he needs to train...boy needs some triathlete or marathon-runner physiology, stat!

:dpooh:

Yuzu why u do dis? Crazy boy.

11 minutes ago, yuzuonice said:

He's been trying 4T3A and 3F in every ACI practice, I saw many tweets trying to figure out what the layout would be...

(though maybe it didn't make it on PH)

EDIT:

"Right now Im not fixated on scores anymore"...

meanwhile

Announcer: Yuzuru Hanyu has earned in the free program 165.91...

Yuzu: *laughs* *shakes his head*

Announcer: earning him a total score of 263.65

Yuzu: *laughs hysterically and disgustedly at his own score

Interview

Yuzu: Sorry that I only manage to get around 260 at my first competition again...

I'm still super-confused about his intended layout, because if 3Lo is there to stay a 3F and even more a 3F combo in 2nd half are kinda crazy and extremely out of character for him LOL. Also, if he goes for 4T3A instead of 4Tlo3S, to change 3A2T in 3Alo3S kinda changes the rythm and idk if it would fit well with the music... and if he'll go for 4A, I guess he'd keep the solo 4T 'cause it's probalby the one quad that requires less focus (tho of course he can pop that too), and idk if he would jump 4Lo at all then... but then maybe he'd switch for 4Lo in the SP...but if the SP 4S is kinda a Javi tribute he can't just do a Lo instead...ahhhhhhhhhhhh too difficult, too many things we don't know...

anyway

4 hours ago, Whee1000 said:

Can i be a lazy person and ask someone to post the White Legend twizzles which make bunnies fall flat on their faces?

here at 2.56 in case you still haven't watched blasphemy!!! :knc_brian3: watch NOW!

https://youtu.be/_8TLD10Rzug?t=176

I wanna gif those pancake twizzles, they're so pretty:tumblr_inline_mzx8zzarLt1r8msi5:

and I wanna gif so many things from fancams of Origin and Otonal, too. Seriously, there are always so many wonderful moments in Yuzu's programs, I don't know how to pick a fave:10742290:

EDIT to timestamp

19 minutes ago, LadyLou said:

I'm still super-confused about his intended layout, because if 3Lo is there to stay a 3F and even more a 3F combo in 2nd half are kinda crazy and extremely out of character for him LOL. Also, if he goes for 4T3A instead of 4Tlo3S, to change 3A2T in 3Alo3S kinda changes the rythm and idk if it would fit well with the music... and if he'll go for 4A, I guess he'd keep the solo 4T 'cause it's probalby the one quad that requires less focus (tho of course he can pop that too), and idk if he would jump 4Lo at all then... but then maybe he'd switch for 4Lo in the SP...but if the SP 4S is kinda a Javi tribute he can't just do a Lo instead...ahhhhhhhhhhhh too difficult, too many things we don't know...

Save yourself the trouble: he wants to jump all the quads. All of them. 

It's only a matter of when is he going to pull it off.