General Yuzuru Chat

1 hour ago, rockstaryuzu said:

There's a quote in one of the articles published right around the time Patrick made his move last year from Zoueva to Walia, where Patrick says there's no ill feelings between him and her, that she told him "'Patrick, whatever makes you happy, I'm happy you've found a place where you could regain that energy,'"

Maybe I'm misunderstanding the quote, but what is she supposed to say after he tells her he's leaving? Good riddance?  Beg him to stay?  :scratch2:

4 hours ago, Whee1000 said:

Maybe I'm misunderstanding the quote, but what is she supposed to say after he tells her he's leaving? Good riddance?  Beg him to stay?  :scratch2:

1. If she'd been on the ball as regards motivating skaters, chances are he wouldn't have fallen into the funk that made him leave in the first place. 

2. The words themselves make it sound like she had given up on him, too. 

3. In a situation like that, "whatever makes you happy" actually sounds like she wasn't all that invested in his success. 'I understand' would have made more sense.

It's not about her words for me, but the attitude behind them. A coach should care passionately about providing everything an athlete needs for their success. Zoueva's words there tell me that she had stopped caring. 

RE: FS not getting enough attention

*start of the rant*

I rant about that everytime I stumble into football on tv, which here is...well, every.day. :headdesk:

I've been particularly :curse: last month because I had hope August would be a bit tamer, but heck I couldn't spend ONE day without watching something football-related and I got majorly fed up :mad: well, I had no wifi, when I have wifi I just watch what the heck I want:smiley-happy093:

Once upon a time summer was for football market news only, now they have actual competitions during all summer, championship started on the freaking 18th of August (and there was no Zuzu media day in sight:tumblr_inline_ncmif7esGm1rpglid:) and no day of the week is safe anymore! Once, you were resigned that weekend and a bit of monday were all for football and football news and football talk shows, but now every day I can trip into a match or a talk show and every day the sports news are about darn football only and I'm just so fed up that my countrymen only care about that! :t2:

I'd feel less salty if all the other sports together could get half of the air-time of football, but no, it's everything else 1% and football 99% (I suppose F1 and Moto would be the most followed sports after football, at least that's what I can tell from the number of sunday afternoons they get on the main channels...)

it feels so wrong that nobody knows about the brilliance of this guy :space:

there are 0 chances a casual viewer can find a FS competition on tv. Heck, back in March in Milan the guy working at the metro info point didn't even knew there was a freakin World Championship in his city :14066882: 

*end of the rant*

3 hours ago, cirelle said:

Ahahahah, I lov the countdown! Even tho it gave me half a heart attack. :dancingpooh:

LOL same :laughing: :tumblr_inline_n2pje2YFXq1qdlkyg:

1 hour ago, Yoa said:

I hope you won't have nightmares... :xD: I will be happy with Yuzuru's costumes as long as they don't look like this

It's gold so...

amazing spins, but that costume...I'll definitely have nightmares :tumblr_inline_mzx8v0X45Z1r8msi5: how to unsee :tumblr_inline_mzx8y3bms41r8msi5:

3 hours ago, LadyLou said:

RE: FS not getting enough attention

*start of the rant*

I rant about that everytime I stumble into football on tv, which here is...well, every.day. :headdesk:

I've been particularly :curse: last month because I had hope August would be a bit tamer, but heck I couldn't spend ONE day without watching something football-related and I got majorly fed up :mad: well, I had no wifi, when I have wifi I just watch what the heck I want:smiley-happy093:

Once upon a time summer was for football market news only, now they have actual competitions during all summer, championship started on the freaking 18th of August (and there was no Zuzu media day in sight:tumblr_inline_ncmif7esGm1rpglid:) and no day of the week is safe anymore! Once, you were resigned that weekend and a bit of monday were all for football and football news and football talk shows, but now every day I can trip into a match or a talk show and every day the sports news are about darn football only and I'm just so fed up that my countrymen only care about that! :t2:

I'd feel less salty if all the other sports together could get half of the air-time of football, but no, it's everything else 1% and football 99% (I suppose F1 and Moto would be the most followed sports after football, at least that's what I can tell from the number of sunday afternoons they get on the main channels...)

it feels so wrong that nobody knows about the brilliance of this guy :space:

there are 0 chances a casual viewer can find a FS competition on tv. Heck, back in March in Milan the guy working at the metro info point didn't even knew there was a freakin World Championship in his city :14066882: 

*end of the rant*

LOL same :laughing: :tumblr_inline_n2pje2YFXq1qdlkyg:

amazing spins, but that costume...I'll definitely have nightmares :tumblr_inline_mzx8v0X45Z1r8msi5: how to unsee :tumblr_inline_mzx8y3bms41r8msi5:

I know how you feel.  I get asked pretty frequently if I watch football and I always reply No I watch figure skating ;) 

1 hour ago, quadaxelwin said:

Guys look on the bright side. If Figure Skating was as popular as soccer was, there would be practically zero chance for us to watch Yuzu competitions live. 

The ticketing would be even more of a bloodbath than it already is. :xD::embSwan:

On the other hand, it would be held in much larger arenas...

11 hours ago, Neenah said:

It is not a lack of trust in Yuzu and more about being realistic. I am pretty sure that what you said just now is exactly the same thing Dai's fans said before Yuzu beat him, or Patrick's before he lost. 

The problem is not Yuzu, we all trust him to do his best and fight all the way but you can't deny his injuries and damage he accumulated throughout his competitive years. You can't deny that he is on his way out of the sport as he himself said that. You can't deny that politics does play a part in this sport.  No one is saying that he will be beaten easily or that he will be pushed down to help others but we cannot also be so sure that none of that will happen and that he can easily win every time. So let us be realistic and not set our expectations too high. It would be good for us so that we don't get disappointed if things didn't happen as we hoped, and good for Yuzu since we his fans are not putting too much pressure on on him to always win.

Let's just enjoy Yuzu performances and hope for the best, whether he wins or not. We are still lucky just to have him around and competing. Winning is not everything and winning is not just medals, it is having so many people love and cheer for you in a bad day as loudly as they would in a good day and in that Yuzu will definitely always be a winner  :)

I've seen both Yuzu and Shoma bomb their performances. Yuzu's worst bomb skate in my opinion was in 2012 Skate America FS, where he couldn't handle the pressure after he broke his first WR in the SP. It was his worst performance to date.

Shoma bombed the 2018 Worlds FS really bad too.

They both had bad days in their career.

So I think Shoma can win over Yuzu at some point, but I hope it isn't nationals. I don't want commentators calling him National Silver Medalist, it just sounds out of place for a 2 time Olympic Champion, somehow.. :hachimaki:

1 minute ago, quadaxelwin said:

I've seen both Yuzu and Shoma bomb their performances. Yuzu's worst bomb skate in my opinion was in 2012 Skate America FS, where he couldn't handle the pressure after he broke his first WR in the SP. It was his worst performance to date.

Has he ever bombed nats? I think he knows the importance of nats and can rise to the occassion as usual. Barring injury, ofc.

Note: The media will still call him 2 times Olympic champion. Lol.

13 minutes ago, vanadiezz said:

Has he ever bombed nats? I think he knows the importance of nats and can rise to the occassion as usual. Barring injury, ofc.

Note: The media will still call him 2 times Olympic champion. Lol.

No not nationals.

The only bombed performances of Yuzu that stick out to me were

1. 2012 SA FS

2. 2014 Sochi FS 

3. ACI FS (generally)

4. Some Worlds FS and SC FS. 

I can count on Yuzu to skate clean SPs though. 

All his 3 SPs at Olympics were clean.