General Yuzuru Chat

22 minutes ago, Orchid said:

Hello, everyone! I'm a so glad that finally find out mostly all-about-YH based international  forum. Also want to start with cliché "English it's not my native language so...etc.

It's been years that I'm following this sport and happened that most of my favorites always was Japanese skaters (but of course not all of them and not only them). 

For me It's devastating that this beautiful sport don't get as much attention as it deserves, because I believe everyone in the World (well...at list most part of) should have any idea who Yuzuru Hanyu is, like for example...Messi, Ronaldo or even Bolt, Phelps... 

I can continue this idea like forever but don't want to overlay this page so...Have a nice time!

Welcome:tumblr_inline_ncmif5EcBB1rpglid:

You arrived at just the right time :D soon we will be waiting for Yuzu arriving to the rink and the practices and :10636614:

47 minutes ago, Orchid said:

Hello, everyone! I'm a so glad that finally find out mostly all-about-YH based international  forum. Also want to start with cliché "English it's not my native language so...etc.

It's been years that I'm following this sport and happened that most of my favorites always was Japanese skaters (but of course not all of them and not only them). 

For me It's devastating that this beautiful sport don't get as much attention as it deserves, because I believe everyone in the World (well...at list most part of) should have any idea who Yuzuru Hanyu is, like for example...Messi, Ronaldo or even Bolt, Phelps... 

I can continue this idea like forever but don't want to overlay this page so...Have a nice time!

Hey there! Welcome to the planet, and don't worry, plenty of people here don't have English as the native language. Hope you like it here!

Which quad lady of the harem do you prefer?

7 minutes ago, Xen said:

Hey there! Welcome to the planet, and don't worry, plenty of people here don't have English as the native language. Hope you like it here!

I bet my ice cream it's quad axel :dancingpooh:

On 9/5/2018 at 2:47 AM, quadaxelwin said:

I'm beginning to think a legit Fanyu runs the olympic channel. Seriously.

And they obviously want Yuzu to compete until 2022. It's good for publicity... 

Sorry this is from pages ago but I am catching up and, interestingly, I just found this clip earlier:

Sounds like Yuzu converted him into a fanyu :D

(Also, he's from Madrid so if Javi gets even more question about Yuzu at future events we'll know why :embSwan:)

Thanks to everyone! I'm already happy to be here. And excited, mostly about Yuzuru's new...everything!, just before new season!

I think the main problem about FS is most people don't understand it. Differences in scores between jump types, spin levels or skating skills. It's just disappointing to hear someone saying: "ohh, Figure Skating? It's not even a sport!" I mean only someone involved in this ice world and FS fans know how difficult is it, mentally and physically. And how precious those people who trying to make this hard job looks beautiful! 

But once you are involved and start to enjoy it, then unfair judging becomes main problem. It makes you devastated, depressed and tired. Even fans, who are following this sport for years sometimes just giving up. I always hope it won't getting worse and worse, because Figure Skating deserves to be loved all around the world. 

2 hours ago, Xen said:

2 hours ago, Ferrer said:

I bet my ice cream it's quad axel :dancingpooh:

Oww, I hope you already ate your ice cream :81: For me it's definitely 4Lo! Loop is my all favorite jump (even though generally I like toe-jumps). And how amazing is that Yuzuru became the one who did 4Lo first time! But his 3Lo always was beautiful as well. 

14 hours ago, quadaxelwin said:

How I see Yuzu, he doesn't seem to hunger for the 2022 Beijing Olympic Gold as much as he hungered for PC OGM. He never speaks about it openly, and I don't think he has secretly set his mind on it just yet.

I think it's way too soon for him to be thinking about that, and he knows it. 

4 hours ago, Orchid said:

Welcome, welcome! Your English is great so please don't even think about it. And hey, we can all go on and on about things like that here and believe me, we often do so you'll fit right in! I hope you'll have fun with us and definitely check out the comp threads, though it's a Zu forum, peeps have a lot of fun watching everyone from juniors up!

14 hours ago, KatjaThera said:

I believe one of the options he was given was actually the place Patrick trained in?

If you're referring to training under Zoueva, thank God Yuzu didn't go there. Not because of Patrick, but because she just doesn't seem to be able to push her skaters in the right way when they're suffering from the mental strain. IMO Zoueva was a big part of the reason why Patrick struggled so much going into the Olympic year, and lo and behold I was right, for as soon as he switched to Walia as his coach suddenly things were way better. Yuzu under Zoueva...I dunno man. let's be thankful it didn't happen. 

16 minutes ago, rockstaryuzu said:

If you're referring to training under Zoueva, thank God Yuzu didn't go there. Not because of Patrick, but because she just doesn't seem to be able to push her skaters in the right way when they're suffering from the mental strain. IMO Zoueva was a big part of the reason why Patrick struggled so much going into the Olympic year, and lo and behold I was right, for as soon as he switched to Walia as his coach suddenly things were way better. Yuzu under Zoueva...I dunno man. let's be thankful it didn't happen. 

Yeah, tbh I had no idea why Gracie went straight to Zoueva after splitting with Frank, that was the last place she should have gone :/ 

6 hours ago, Bilge said:

Omg the story!!

Couple of very interesting names on that list of the historical Canadian men's singles winners that folks here might not know about: Lloyd Eisler, the novice winner in 1980, went on to be one of Canada's top pairs skaters of the early 90's, winning 2 Olympic Bronzes and the 1993 World Champs, and Gary Beacom, who never won any big titles, but was a huge innovator artistically for Canadian skating - his style was very 'avant garde' and he helped break the mold a bit, paving the way for other innovators, like Kurt and Elvis. 

20 minutes ago, yuzuangel said:

Yeah, tbh I had no idea why Gracie went straight to Zoueva after splitting with Frank, that was the last place she should have gone :/ 

before I comment, please bear in mind that everything I say is based only on observations I've made from what is publicly in the media, since I absolutely don't know the people involved on a personal level, but:

I suspect that Zoueva can be a very soft and comforting kind of a person, and for a certain type of athlete that's really appealing (certainly for someone with the kind of challenges Gracie Gold is having, it would be).  But it can backfire. There's a quote in one of the articles published right around the time Patrick made his move last year from Zoueva to Walia, where Patrick says there's no ill feelings between him and her, that she told him "'Patrick, whatever makes you happy, I'm happy you've found a place where you could regain that energy,'", and I read that, and I thought "What the heck kind of a coach even says that to an athlete of theirs?!!"  It's so laissez-faire and just downright lazy. Especially at elite levels of sport, it's part of the coach's job to help their athletes stay motivated and win the mental game, and that comment of hers just shows how little she understands that side of the job.