General Yuzuru Chat

1 hour ago, b138oo said:

I think the number was like 1200+ visitors, and I was like "do we have something going on?" But then, nope, the thread was actually slow and without news  :confused:

Anyways, guys pls don't kill me. I was rewatching the Sochi 2014 fancams and suddenly I fell in love? with the boobskirt full of rhinestones Yuzu juliet costume  :headdesk: I was never a hater of that costume, but it suddenly looked so beautiful when Yuzu took a pic with the Japan's flag wearing it. The rhinestones were full of blings and Yuzu was literally glowing :sparkles.001:

What I felt was so severe that I just hoped he would skate Chopin 3.0 with the blue version of that costume :embSwan:

I really need some Yuzu's updates, this deficiency syndrome has ruined my brain :facepalm:

ETA:

this is the culprit 

Which part of you has the most fat? My cats are asking. 

5 minutes ago, Fresca said:

Sorry I missed this but from the perspective of someone who has had to perform on bad days, whether in class or rehearsal or a show and seen many others perform on bad days too, it depends. What is easier for you? To put a fake smile on your face and pretend to be a different person or character no matter what you are feeling? Or to connect to a piece of music and be honest with it? To put your heart on your sleeve and let it be judged by an audience even if you're not at your best? Both are difficult.

Most times, for me, it's easier to hide my emotions and pretend to be someone else because at that moment, I am not me having a bad day but a rock star or a fairy or a princess. However, when I connect to a piece and love it, then on bad days, it becomes a sort of refuge or armor. No matter what I was feeling before, I can let myself truly feel the music because the piece will make me feel beautiful and strong in my dancing. Maybe this is what Yuzu feels when he performs Chopin.

That's an interesting point. I guess it depends on people. Personally, I find it very hard to REALLY hide my feelings, though in the same time I do it a lot. However, there's also a difference between appearing neutral when you just want to scream and smash things and smiling when you just want to cry. That's probably why for me, that seems very hard.

I guess for people who are used to performing, it's different, because performing itself already makes one feel better. I wonder if anything changes when it's the performing itself that is causing the bad day, though.

Hace 2 horas, sweetwater said:

Maybe those who had been away from internet or this forum has come and spent some time just to catch up...?

We are still recovering from Friday's news about SP and GPs :stars:

And I have 50+ pages to catch up in the broadcast thread because I spent the weekend on the beach and on a skating rink (yes, it is possible in Barcelona :laughing:)

Hace 1 hora, GreatLakesGal said:

"Where's the wow factor?" Yes, that's exactly what I believe the narrative will be. Actually, I fear it will be even worse than that but I won't go there, just hope for the best for him. :fingerscrossed:

Well, Yuzuru did three great Chopin perfomances last season and each time it was "wow", wasn't it? And I don't think the "wow factor" applies so much to SP, after all there are only three jumps, you can't do 7 quads there. 

7 hours ago, meoima said:

He went to Japan Open exhibition as a kid at age 13. But it was just an exhibition. He never competed there.

but anyway, it's a commercial event and not a true competition, not even a senior B. The sponsor of that event also doesn't invite him. I am ok that he never goes there to "compete". 

I just have to bring that video (it doesn't have original audio, but I can't find other version)

He also performed at CaOI (aka JO gala) in 2011, he was 16. But because it was White Legend, all videos on youtube are muted now :text-line-smiley-002:

2S+3A+3A seq at finale (also 4T fall at 9:12 of the same clip)

9 hours ago, meoima said:

Which part of you has the most fat? My cats are asking. 

Ehm... butt?? :character0049:

but seriously tho, I think I'm really Yuzu deprived to be able to imagine Chopin with that costume :snapoutofit:

or maybe the huge huge circle of Chopin discussion we had here just ruined my brain cells :dizzy2:

anyway, for the wow factor topic, I am in the side where I think the biggest foundation of wow factor is a clean program. Like for H&L, no matter how you hated that program, when it went clean, your jaw just dropped. That wow factor from a clean program would never diminish. He did Chopin clean 3 times and our jaw still dropped 3 times. He did PW clean 2 times at Sochi back to back in such a short time and people went even crazier  at the 2nd time. On the other hand, some people doubted him a lot this season bc he didn't have clean performance until Worlds FP. So, I think the wow factor would definitely be there when he's clean.

27 minutes ago, KatjaThera said:

That's an interesting point. I guess it depends on people. Personally, I find it very hard to REALLY hide my feelings, though in the same time I do it a lot. However, there's also a difference between appearing neutral when you just want to scream and smash things and smiling when you just want to cry. That's probably why for me, that seems very hard.

I guess for people who are used to performing, it's different, because performing itself already makes one feel better. I wonder if anything changes when it's the performing itself that is causing the bad day, though.

It's also different because you have an audience, many times made up of strangers and they expect you to perform. What is easier for you? To pretend to be someone totally different in front of an audience when you're having a bad day? Or while having a bad day to still let yourself be open and connect to a piece of music so you can interpret it through your movement to an audience?

If it's the performing itself that is causing the bad day, then I definitely find it easier to try to play a character, especially if it's something in my technique that is off. I find it more difficult to keep the connection with the music if something is off with my technique because I can't interpret it the way I want to.

1 minute ago, b138oo said:

So, I think the wow factor would definitely be there when he's clean.

That sounds right, but I didn't feel the wow factor from clean FaOI Chopin... maybe a better quality video would help... runs away and hides from cats and pitchforks :shrk:

3 minutes ago, beki said:

That sounds right, but I didn't feel the wow factor from clean FaOI Chopin... maybe a better quality video would help... runs away and hides from cats and pitchforks :shrk:

I didn't when looking at the original version either in 2014.  But he is also not dialing it to 100 like he will at the Olys.  Honestly, I wasn't really into Chopin until he started putting 2 quads in and if there's any one I rewatch, it's Worlds'.

16 minutes ago, Pamigena said:

ooohhh he's so sparkly, look at him! *squeeeeee* :loveshower::665e343793b9:

He does. And it's just ... just ... so beautiful  :sadPooh: and I fell in love, then came the realization that he's wearing the boobskirt and ... I lost my mind and meoima cats are about to kill me :shrk:

I think I would find it harder to perform something as upbeat as LGC if I was feeling 'off'- that is an unrelenting layout that needs selling to the audience.  Even if Chopin 3 ends up equally demanding it would probably be possible to do it in neutral, as it were, on an off day  and for it to be less obvious than with LGC, and therefore less perceived by the judges.

The Ballade music has been stuck in my head for days now, like a dramatic soundtrack when I'm grocery shopping or at work. I picture Yuzu's dramatic gestures punctuating my activities like loud piano bangs. I think it's like eating devilishly spicy food... my sense of taste is numb... I can't escape the tingle... it's kind of a bad feeling. I wonder if this will continue for the entire year.

26 minutes ago, Dara said:

I just have to bring that video (it doesn't have original audio, but I can't find other version)

Noodly smoll!Yuzu with the contortionist layback Ina Bauer that hurt my back just watching (and he almost fell on it, LOL). The music not being the real version kind of makes it super weird to watch.

9 minutes ago, beki said:

The Ballade music has been stuck in my head for days now, like a dramatic soundtrack when I'm grocery shopping or at work. I picture Yuzu's dramatic gestures punctuating my activities like loud piano bangs. I think it's like eating devilishly spicy food... my sense of taste is numb... I can't escape the tingle... it's kind of a bad feeling. I wonder if this will continue for the entire year.

So I wasn't the only one! On Sunday I couldn't fall asleep becsause it was playing too loud in my head :13877886: