General Yuzuru Chat

1 hour ago, Anzi said:

Some of skaters, if not most, follow the order of their coaches, doing what choreographs have taught them to do and merely performing other people's interpretation of the music instead of interpreting and feeling the music in their own ways.

Based on what both Shae-Lynn and Jeffrey said at CiONTU, it seems Yuzu really collaborates with them fully. He'll come to them with an idea and they'll work at bringing him material and information that can improve his performance and make it more meaningful. Although he did say that LGC was Jeff's idea from the start.

8 minutes ago, kaeryth said:

Even his University's President messes up his name lol (Just a typo in their case, though :) )

2 hours ago, Anzi said:

Some of skaters, if not most, follow the order of their coaches, doing what choreographs have taught them to do and merely performing other people's interpretation of the music instead of interpreting and feeling the music in their own ways.

Personally, I find that quite disappointing. I think Yuzu not being like that is part of what makes him so great. He used to do that, too, until he gained enough confidence to choose his own stuff and I believe he's only gotten better and better since then.

45 minutes ago, rockstaryuzu said:

Based on what both Shae-Lynn and Jeffrey said at CiONTU, it seems Yuzu really collaborates with them fully. He'll come to them with an idea and they'll work at bringing him material and information that can improve his performance and make it more meaningful. Although he did say that LGC was Jeff's idea from the start.

I think in general, Yuzu has said that he leaves the SP choice to Jeff, although he might tell him generally what he wants ( like, with Chopin, he said he wanted a piano piece, and Jeff came up with Ballade). Even so, though, I think he is far more involved in the process and I'm sure he still has the last word - like if Jeff were to come up with something Yuzu wouldn't like at all, I doubt he'd go along with it. But letting Jeff pick the music for the SP might actually be a different way to challenge himself. With Shae, however, he's fully in charge and I think now that he's shown interest in choreographing, I wouldn't be surprised if she'll be more his guide than his choreographer - or perhaps his mentor in choreographing lol. I still think it's awesome they started working together because I'm not sure how many choreographers would give the skaters as much freedom and control as Shae gives him and go along with all his crazy ideas and do her best to make HIS image come to life. I think that takes a particular kind of talent and they truly seem like a match made in Heaven.

And speaking of choreography, did we ever get confirmation of who did Wings of Words? I know the general impression is it was Kenji, but did we ever have it confirmed? (I tried to pay attention to the post-FaOI interviews, but I've been too tired to really process them in detail.) I'm asking because the more I watch it, the more I wonder if Yuzu didn't try doing that one himself, as well (it would explain the more simplistic choreo and it does seem extra enough to be very him). Though then I'd wonder why they wouldn't just say so, like they did on the opening bit... :notamused:

32 minutes ago, KatjaThera said:

And speaking of choreography, did we ever get confirmation of who did Wings of Words? I know the general impression is it was Kenji, but did we ever have it confirmed? (I

I guarantee you the waggy finger was no one's idea but Yuzu's. Who else would come up with that? :snpeace:

11 minutes ago, Murieleirum said:

Who told me it was a good idea to watch 24HTV from 2015? I had never seen Requiem and Hana Ni Nare performed there and they were crying worthy... especially Requiem... I'm a puddle of feels now... 

Link please? :snonegai: I think I remember watching Hana Ni Nare from that, once, and crying over it, but I don't remember Requiem. I've also been searching for that for a while, but while I found various 24HTVs, I'm not sure I managed to find that one again (I did download a whole bunch recently, while searching for that one where they had Yuzu meet with the teachers from the school he was evacuated to. That always makes me cry, too, because I can imagine how much he needed to hear what they told him...)

1 minute ago, KatjaThera said:

Link please? :snonegai: I think I remember watching Hana Ni Nare from that, once, and crying over it, but I don't remember Requiem. I've also been searching for that for a while, but while I found various 24HTVs, I'm not sure I managed to find that one again (I did download a whole bunch recently, while searching for that one where they had Yuzu meet with the teachers from the school he was evacuated to. That always makes me cry, too, because I can imagine how much he needed to hear what they told him...)

Found it on the Planet in the Media Index page, but here it is anyways! Cry away <3 

2 hours ago, Murieleirum said:

Who told me it was a good idea to watch 24HTV from 2015? I had never seen Requiem and Hana Ni Nare performed there and they were crying worthy... especially Requiem... I'm a puddle of feels now... 

I just rewatched it recently also! Both were so emotional, and while I understood getting the audience's reaction, it annoyed me when they cut away since they missed out so much of the connecting choreo as well as pulled me out of the programs. (The commentary didn't help either.)

I'm not sure if it's included in the clip you provided, but on a later program they showed a little bts of Yuzu on the ice talking with Fumiya Sashida on the piano for 24H's Hana ni nare, and it's like a predecessor to his work with the pianist for Haru yo koi. Even at this time, he already was putting his own touch into his programs. :67638860: