General Yuzuru Chat

43 minutes ago, ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ said:

I can't seem to not put my foot in my mouth, it seems. I apologize, although I don't have anything redeeming to say about Johnny's  and his stable of performers. No wait I do! I think some of them are more than decent actors. Like Nagase, and Okabe, and Ninomiya. ^^But I don't enjoy their singing and dancing. :( And I've never come across a number sung by a Johnny's group that I liked.

A few older, jaded Johnnys fans (like moi) like to affectionately "drag" our faves about it, so believe me we know :laughing:. (Unsurprisingly, I got into Arashi through their variety shows first. The rest was an acquired taste although I came to love some of their songs.)

28 minutes ago, KatjaThera said:

I'm not sure I'd call myself a Johnny's fan, though I like some Johnny's idols. But to be fair, it doesn't seem Johnny himself has much to do with it and Johnny's appears to be a bit of a sinking ship (I admit I wish those I like would jump ship already...).

I wouldn't mind idol culture making a small appearance at the Olympics, because it is part of Japanese culture. (I also personally believe idols deserve more respect than they get, if only for the insane amount of work they do. I've seen lots of reports lately, especially on members of girl groups, collapsing due to overworking. Also, the mental and emotional pressure they suffer is ridiculous. Some say they know what they get themselves into, but IMO, most of them have no idea. They're too young and too naive and get taken advantage of. And this goes for both girls and boys.) The important thing is not to let it overshadow everything else. Japan's biggest selling point seems to me the mix of modern and traditional, so including both modern pop culture and more traditional cultural stuff would make sense. IMO, it'd also be meh if it was all samurai and geisha, because that's stereotypical. Same if they focused too much on technology. So balancing it all out is going to be interesting. (I do wonder if the choices aren't also meant to pacify all those angry at the money being wasted on the Olympics, though >_>)

Back to Yuzu, I do expect he might do 24HTV again, but I'm not sure he'll go back to Japan for it... it seems a bit of a waste of time (traveling, jetlag, etc.; unless he has other stuff as well). I think it's more likely he's either filmed something already, in between ice shows, or will do it from a distance... though who knows? At the end of the day, it's not Olympic Season anymore, so maybe he won't worry about wasted time traveling back and forth... We'll see, I guess. I think his participating in 24HTV was announced after the media day last year? So it might be a while longer before we know...

Perfume would be like, a cool collaborative choice for idols and technology. No Akimoto, Johnny, E-girls or Exile. Less fanwars. Just saying. >_> Preferrable to Miku Hatsune. (Although I'm also into some vocaloids music.)

Yuzu wasn't live last year for 24H so he might do prerecorded again this year I think if it's an option and easier. But they might want him live as a gold medalist also. While it's more work on him, I like seeing him interact with others anyway. In hindsight, maybe the reason he prerecorded last year wasn't because of the Olympics season but he also had the kids skating class in August and didn't want double duty of going back and forth so much.

26 分, Forcefieldさんが言いました:

Perfume would be like, a cool collaborative choice for idols and technology. No Akimoto, Johnny, E-girls or Exile. Less fanwars. Just saying. >_> Preferrable to Miku Hatsune. (Although I'm also into some vocaloids music.)

Perfume sounds like a good choice for idol representation. But Japan's music scene is a broad one and isn't limited to idol pop. They've got other great contemporary stuff as well. They've got all-time fan faves like Southern All Stars and Mr. Children and Yuzu (the band), and they've got a lot of popular rock bands (like that poultry bump one Hanyu likes so much) and solo artistes across various genres as well. Personally, I'm hoping for Daichi Miura. There are so many to choose from that don't necessarily have to come from idol roots (tho Miura kinda does but he evolved into a master artiste like Timberlake did). I don't think there are many musical acts they can include because the events aren't musical concerts at the end of the day but for the few they can, I do hope they choose wisely.

5 minutes ago, ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ said:

Perfume sounds like a good choice for idol representation. But Japan's music scene is a broad one and isn't limited to idol pop. They've got other great contemporary stuff as well. They've got all-time fan faves like Southern All Stars and Mr. Children and Yuzu (the band), and they've got a lot of popular rock bands (like that poultry bump one Hanyu likes so much) and solo artistes across various genres as well. Personally, I'm hoping for Daichi Miura. There are so many to choose from that don't necessarily have to come from idol roots. I don't think there are many musical acts they can include because the events aren't musical concerts at the end of the day but for the few they can, I do hope they choose wisely.

If they do, at least for closing, I wonder if they will go with who they think is internationally popular (because some they are really wrong about) or whoever is mainstream in Japan (or whoever has backing). I personally would love the latter and the rock bands. Yonezu seems like the more popular male soloist right now though. They won't troll us with Piko Taro though...right?

I'm probably part of a minimal minority, but I absolutely cannot stand Perfume... I mourn every time they end up playing before artists I like in music shows and I have to suffer through them. But they are very popular, both in Japan and overseas, it seems, so it wouldn't surprise me... I'm all for rock bands, but mainstream rock in Japan isn't really all that... rock lol Not by my tastes at least.

36 minutes ago, Forcefield said:

Yuzu wasn't live last year for 24H so he might do prerecorded again this year I think if it's an option and easier. But they might want him live as a gold medalist also. While it's more work on him, I like seeing him interact with others anyway. In hindsight, maybe the reason he prerecorded last year wasn't because of the Olympics season but he also had the kids skating class in August and didn't want double duty of going back and forth so much.

He wasn't live, but it was filmed just days earlier. I'm sure he timed everything so he could do the skating class, 24HTV and what other CMs and stuff he had all in that one week in August. But I do wonder if he hadn't had 24HTV, if he had still chosen to do it in August, when he might have been able to do it all after FaOI. I guess it also depends on when he was approached for 24HTV. This year, with FaOI lasting until early July, he might have been able to get everything done before going to Toronto. We'll see, I guess. He knows what works for him best, anyway lol (A live broadcast from TCC would be really cool, too, though. Especially if the theme is people who changed one's life, a lot of people at TCC changed Yuzu's life. Time differences would be an issue, though...)

10 minutes ago, KatjaThera said:

I'm probably part of a minimal minority, but I absolutely cannot stand Perfume... I mourn every time they end up playing before artists I like in music shows and I have to suffer through them. But they are very popular, both in Japan and overseas, it seems, so it wouldn't surprise me... I'm all for rock bands, but mainstream rock in Japan isn't really all that... rock lol Not by my tastes at least.

He wasn't live, but it was filmed just days earlier. I'm sure he timed everything so he could do the skating class, 24HTV and what other CMs and stuff he had all in that one week in August. But I do wonder if he hadn't had 24HTV, if he had still chosen to do it in August, when he might have been able to do it all after FaOI. I guess it also depends on when he was approached for 24HTV. This year, with FaOI lasting until early July, he might have been able to get everything done before going to Toronto. We'll see, I guess. He knows what works for him best, anyway lol (A live broadcast from TCC would be really cool, too, though. Especially if the theme is people who changed one's life, a lot of people at TCC changed Yuzu's life. Time differences would be an issue, though...)

Personally I feel Perfume is more popular for their openness to ideas.

I made the leap to them (and technology) because they seemed to have used the similar technology into their routine before Japan did it at Rio.

RE: Yuzu and 24H

I'm betting if he's going to make an appearance it's planned months in advance, or at least plenty of weeks. Since for last year he had the video call in advance, and in the other years he did something behind the scenes as well. Maybe he'll surprise us this year with something totally different since all of his appearances so far had something new. Like, he's going to skate with some skaters that inspired him, or younger skaters who are inspired by him. Like a mini ciontu.

45 minutes ago, Forcefield said:

RE: Yuzu and 24H

I'm betting if he's going to make an appearance it's planned months in advance, or at least plenty of weeks. Since for last year he had the video call in advance, and in the other years he did something behind the scenes as well. Maybe he'll surprise us this year with something totally different since all of his appearances so far had something new. Like, he's going to skate with some skaters that inspired him, or younger skaters who are inspired by him. Like a mini ciontu.

I'd love that!

5 hours ago, Hydroblade said:

Speaking of which... Do you guys think he'll do 24HTV again?

I think the theme this year is "people who changed lives"? 「人生を変えてくれた人」is what's written in the page...

I hope he does and think that he will for reasons that other people pointed out previously~ 

And if he will we will probably cry a lot. People who changed lives, eh? Whose lives? Yuzuru changed his own, and in turn, thousands of lives with him. Perfect theme for another performance of Haru Yo Koi, right? Right?

45 minutes ago, Murieleirum said:

I hope he does and think that he will for reasons that other people pointed out previously~ 

And if he will we will probably cry a lot. People who changed lives, eh? Whose lives? Yuzuru changed his own, and in turn, thousands of lives with him. Perfect theme for another performance of Haru Yo Koi, right? Right?

what if he goes for Dory:peekapooh:

2 minutes ago, Murieleirum said:

I love Dory :peekapooh:Though the music is not my piece of cake, but then again he can make everything my piece of cake

1 minute ago, Yatagarasu said:

I am going to throw this lovely, lovely tomato at you. It is actually a giant sacrifice but I so will if you jinx it :68468287:

:mischief: