General Yuzuru Chat

Just now, Yatagarasu said:

I think the answer is actuall.t pretty simple - Jeff hasn't gotten his skilled hands on it yet. There really hasn't been the time considering he's been unavailable so who knows how it's all going to look by the time it's finished and upgraded. I feel like today was a rough draft and very promising and we'll see what it evolves into. 

I agree. Jeff will definitely cast his critical eye upon IT And fill IN gaps etc. 

5 minutes ago, liv said:

I was thinking parts of the program did not quite fit the music perfectly either, but didnt want to say it. I do not want to say it is because we know the old one so well, but that could be the reason. I am not worried, though, because I think 3.0 is still a work in progress and it will become more its own program with time. Right now I am still in comparing mode. 

Well Jeff has been on ice shows for 2 months straight. I am sure Yuzuru being the perfectionist he is, will drag Jeff to the Mariposa ice rink and adjust the program as much as he wants once FaOI is finished. I am sure Jeff wants that too, they're a winning duo.

1 minute ago, yuzupon said:

:thankyou:  for the info!

But also, :facepalm: of course the rules must state that... 

:laughing: Yes, it's just double or triple Axel.

Even with the chance Yuzuru gets the 4A, it'd take several skaters getting it, reliably before there's even a chance of introducing it in the SP. Of course, if you want to use the 4A as the solo quad then there is this requirement:

Triple or quadruple jump immediately preceded by connecting steps and/or other comparable Free Skating movements - so not that easy!

1 minute ago, Yatagarasu said:

:laughing: Yes, it's just double or triple Axel.

Even with the chance Yuzuru gets the 4A, it'd take several skaters getting it, reliably before there's even a chance of introducing it in the SP. Of course, if you want to use the 4A as the solo quad then there is this requirement:

Triple or quadruple jump immediately preceded by connecting steps and/or other comparable Free Skating movements - so not that easy!

SE-4A-SE would be a sight... heh

I have a feeling that we would have had a very similar discussion about the SP even if Yuzuru had a new program or if he kept LGC. The truth is, he is judged differently because of his reputation, so he is the only one who is required to deliver great performances with high tech all the time.

I love how we've been talking about the fact that with Chopin 3.0, it would really become "necessary" for Yuzuru to upgrade his tech, but now that we've seen the program, we see that it is lacking in things that have nothing to do with tech. This goes on to show that Chopin 3.0 doesn't need 'crazy tech upgrade' to be a great program. It needs the attention to detail, the musicality, the winning coreography that Yuzuru always manages to deliver in the end. 

Of course, I understand the people who want to see 4Lz and who believe he will put it in the Short. I don't know if he'll put it in the short - but I don't think it's necessary. Like Max said, the program he skated today could have been a World Record. The Tech that Yuzu is delivering in May is already world-record level. Not upgraded to the maximum difficulty, no. "Just" world-record level.

I don't think Yuzuru needs 4Lz to 'be forgiven' for choosing to go with Chopin for the third time. I think that the people feeling 'disappointment' towards him should deal with this disappointment themselves. They have every right to feel it, and they have every right to express it, but my personal opinion is that disappointment comes from personal expectations, which you yourself set, without taking into consideration what the other person wants/needs/plans. So if you feel it, it's your own issue. Yuzuru doesn't owe us anything. 

He owes it to himself to perform a clean skate, confident in his jumps and confident in the mood he will create while performing. He shouldn't worry about judges 'maybe not liking' Chopin, and he shouldn't worry about others skaters 'maybe skating as clean as him'. He is worrying about delivering consistently with the highest of quality. If 4Lz becomes consistent, then that will be it. If it doesn't, then this layout we've seen is the best choice.

Us, on the other hand, have plenty of time on our hands, so I guess we can worry about other skaters and we can worry about corrupted judges. Maybe we'll even keep some stress away from him, if we take it upon ourselves. :snpeace:

32 minutes ago, Murieleirum said:

I love how we've been talking about the fact that with Chopin 3.0, it would really become "necessary" for Yuzuru to upgrade his tech, but now that we've seen the program, we see that it is lacking in things that have nothing to do with tech. This goes on to show that Chopin 3.0 doesn't need 'crazy tech upgrade' to be a great program. It needs the attention to detail, the musicality, the winning coreography that Yuzuru always manages to deliver in the end. 

Of course, I understand the people who want to see 4Lz and who believe he will put it in the Short. I don't know if he'll put it in the short - but I don't think it's necessary. Like Max said, the program he skated today could have been a World Record. The Tech that Yuzu is delivering in May is already world-record level. Not upgraded to the maximum difficulty, no. "Just" world-record level.

I don't think Yuzuru needs 4Lz to 'be forgiven' for choosing to go with Chopin for the third time. I think that the people feeling 'disappointment' towards him should deal with this disappointment themselves. They have every right to feel it, and they have every right to express it, but my personal opinion is that disappointment comes from personal expectations, which you yourself set, without taking into consideration what the other person wants/needs/plans. So if you feel it, it's your own issue. Yuzuru doesn't owe us anything. 

He owes it to himself to perform a clean skate, confident in his jumps and confident in the mood he will create while performing. He shouldn't worry about judges 'maybe not liking' Chopin, and he shouldn't worry about others skaters 'maybe skating as clean as him'. He is worrying about delivering consistently with the highest of quality. If 4Lz becomes consistent, then that will be it. If it doesn't, then this layout we've seen is the best choice.

Us, on the other hand, have plenty of time on our hands, so I guess we can worry about other skaters and we can worry about corrupted judges. Maybe we'll even keep some stress away from him, if we take it upon ourselves. 

To the bold:

That is your opinion that it is lacking in things that have nothing to do with  the tech. For example I think it lacks in both the tech and other things. It is your opinion that it doesn't need 'crazy tech upgrade' to be a great program, others might not share it. 

Perhaps it is, perhaps it isn't. There is literally no way to prove that the judges would score that in such a way that it'd be a new WR. It certainly would not be in this form that we have seen it now. We haven't seen it perfected but for the sake of argument, even if perfected, with this layout, it would probably break Yuzuru's current PB, by a couple of points but then maybe, it simply would not.

Nobody here has said that Yuzuru owes us anything. And yes, people are allowed to feel disappointed. These are their feelings and they are entitled to them. Whether you feel like it's their 'problem' or not, they are allowed to express their opinions because this is still a discussion forum and the reasons they themselves give for that disappointment are those we should take into consideration. 

Figure skating is a competitive sport. If Yuzuru didn't think about other people, and he has repeatedly talked about for example Boyang, then he would have been in deep trouble. Being aware of where the other skaters are, and correctly predicting their development when others did not, is one of the great things about him. He did talk about how well, or not well, H&L has been received. He definitely does think about the judges too - this is why coaches often go to the judges and ask for feedback over certain scores. Judges are the ones who decide who wins and who loses.

In conclusion, you have your opinion, others have theirs. Both are fine, and can co-exist. 

26 minutes ago, Yatagarasu said:

To the bold:

That is your opinion that it is lacking in things that have nothing to do with  the tech. For example I think it lacks in both the tech and other things. It is your opinion that it doesn't need 'crazy tech upgrade' to be a great program, others might not share it. 

Perhaps it is, perhaps it isn't. There is literally no way to prove that the judges would score that in such a way that it'd be a new WR. It certainly would not be in this form that we have seen it now. We haven't seen it perfected but for the sake of argument, even if perfected, with this layout, it would probably break Yuzuru's current PB, by a couple of points but then maybe, it simply would not.

Nobody here has said that Yuzuru owes us anything. And yes, people are allowed to feel disappointed. These are their feelings and they are entitled to them. Whether you feel like it's their 'problem' or not, they are allowed to express their opinions because this is still a discussion forum and the reasons they themselves give for that disappointment are those we should take into consideration. 

Figure skating is a competitive sport. If Yuzuru didn't think about other people, and he has repeatedly talked about for example Boyang, then he would have been in deep trouble. Being aware of where the other skaters are, and correctly predicting their development when others did not, is one of the great things about him. He did talk about how well, or not well, H&L has been received. He definitely does think about the judges too - this is why coaches often go to the judges and ask for feedback over certain scores. Judges are the ones who decide who wins and who loses.

In conclusion, you have your opinion, others have theirs. Both are fine, and can co-exist. 

100% agree with this from start to finish.

57 minutes ago, Yatagarasu said:

To the bold:

But of course. I've written it, multiple times, that it is my opinion and it isn't a universal truth.

I was reading in comments above mine that people were pointing out coreography issues, so those are the ones I tackled in my comment. True, tech also means steps and spins, so an improvement to those could be seen as a tech upgrade as well. Anyways, when I said this program didn't need a crazy tech upgrade, I was complimenting the performance, and not speaking ill of anyone. 

The reasons people give for the disappointment... can be taken into consideration, and I have. But, to me, disappointment is a very specific feeling that comes out of expectations, and every single one of us probably has different expectations. So if we had to take into consideration everyone's expectations, there would be no end to it. I can assure you I apply this reasoning to me as well. In fact, I could have wished for Yuzuru to skate to a brand new classical musical piece among the ones I loved. But I didn't have any expectations, because I didn't want to feel disappointment. Although, I did feel anxiety because of the negative atmosphere that was going around for a while. So, I feel like it's completely legitimate for me to remind, in the general thread, that disappointment is a personal feeling that is caused by expectations, first and foremost.

Also, I totally believe Yuzuru is aware of where the other skaters are. But I don't think he worries about whether they'll skate clean or not. Imo, he doesn't even question it. "Shoma will do his best, Boyang will do his best, Javi will do his best. So I have to do my best". Simple as that. 

For perception, I think tech upgrade is strongly preferable. Personally I'm not too fussed about it, but it looks like the conventional wisdom is that quad flips and lutzes still "seem" more impressive than 4T/4S combinations in the second half. Even the 4Lo doesn't get as much love as expected. The sQuad has set expectations for more different kinds of quads, even though they can't do some of the combos Yuzu does.

6 minutes ago, b138oo said:

Yuzu doesn't need a 4Lz, he only needs to skate like today for 8 more times and he will be fine :acceptable:

Now that you're saying it like this... you're making me have doubts about what is the more realistic outcome :rofl: