General Yuzuru Chat

8 minutes ago, b138oo said:

Okay so he had 5 clean streaks? Is that back to back? I mean GPF, Nats, Oly team, Oly are back to back for sure. Not sure when was TEB. Well, yeah the current layout is harder, but PW 2.0 layout was hard for an eighteen-turned-nineteen-at-Dec-2013 Yuzu too. So, another 5 clean streak is still possible for the 22 y.o Yuzu :fingerscrossed:

Looking at the record, PW's ridiculous consistency was the main reason Yuzu broke the 100 pts barrier at Sochi then. I guess Yuzu probably wants to go this route once again. A reliable SP with the consistency of his current 4T. 

seriously Yuzu just bring back that consistency once every 4 years :0006:

I dunno I have a feeling that PW was easier for him back then compared to chopin 3.0 now... and yeah PW consistency helped a great deal. But also I think his scores went up because he just skated it better and better as the season goes on, I can see a difference even with the PW at GPF. At the Olys he was just smoother somehow. Plus he was new, young and exciting so I'm sure that also helps lol, meanwhile now he has all these insane standards put on him and some younger guys coming up that judges seem to favor better... seriously they better not underscore him.

17 minutes ago, meoima said:

Yes, TEB-GPF-National-OlympicTeam-Olympic individual... 5 clean SP back to back.

But PW had weaker layout compared to Yuzuru's current ambition. So I don't expect Yuzuru to be that consistent in SP.

My friend even joked she's not shocked had Yuzuru decided to put 4lz3T as the last jump pass in SP lol.... and I was like: "Well Yuzuru is saner than that." 

Damn boy! That's why he was so frustrated he couldn't get LGC right and looked so happy to be clean today. I don't think Yuzu will have a crazy layout on SP tbh 

He may be stubborn with his ideals, but he usually is more subtle on SP. FP on the other hand, is a different story. Those crazy combos he jumped during practice may come out at anytime followed by some IB-SE-3A if he feels like it. 

And just like u said, 105-110 pts is enough to put him in the game even if the others go clean, so I don't see the point of him to try going beyond that mark by putting a harder layout that could backfire. 

But then this is Yuzu, we never know what is on his mind:xD:

14 minutes ago, meoima said:

I am sure Yuzuru knows repeating a program 3 times is no easy at all. So I still think we should not rule out the possibility of a new SP after FaOI when Jeff has time with him.

However, even if he indeed will skate to a new version of Chopin again, I doubt that judges will give him lower PCS than 48 if he goes clean. And his elements for sure won't get below +2 if he does it perfectly. Because judges can not give less than that with the quality he has.

Look at Hope and Legacy... Yuzuru might have been underscored around 5 points there, but LP has more elements than SP. So, if we take into account that judges act coldly towards Chopin 3.0, a great performance from him will not get underscored more than 2.5-3 points.

I doubt that they will go further than that. A score around 105-110 is enough to keep him in the last group, thus will help with the PCS and GOE in the LP.

I agree that there's still a possibility of changing it, I'm guessing after FaOI is over and Yuzuru reconvenes with his team and gets time with Jeff, we might hear something different. It's unlike them to state his programs so early in the season, so I think there is room to change and maybe his team wanted to gauge the reactions (from fans, the audience, judges and officials who might have heard the news).

Like you said, there's also some safety in performing a program that has previously been evaluated highly by judges, plus the comfort of not having to completely relearn choreography. Chopin has always been very loved by judges, even with mistakes. But I feel like +GOEs and PCS are going to be high for everyone next season, it's the Olympic season and the ISU is planning big changes to the scoring after Pyeongchang, it's time to throw out marks like candy to everyone. I just don't want him to psyche himself out by thinking he needs to do it perfectly at the Olympics (a defensive position), a new program without baggage of living up to past performances might have also been good (an attacking position).

9 minutes ago, akaokitty said:

I dunno I have a feeling that PW was easier for him back then compared to chopin 3.0 now... and yeah PW consistency helped a great deal. But also I think his scores went up because he just skated it better and better as the season goes on, I can see a difference even with the PW at GPF. At the Olys he was just smoother somehow. Plus he was new, young and exciting so I'm sure that also helps lol, meanwhile now he has all these insane standards put on him and some younger guys coming up that judges seem to favor better... seriously they better not underscore him.

Yeah I agree - given how much better the Olympics version of PW was, I'm surprised he only got 1pt + change more than GPF. He made a visible mistake on that final spin at the GPF. 

3 minutes ago, yuzuangel said:

Yeah I agree - given how much better the Olympics version of PW was, I'm surprised he only got 1pt + change more than GPF. He made a visible mistake on that final spin at the GPF. 

Yeah and the arm movements during the step sequence was better too during the Olympics. Nationals was good though and he got 103, but well it's nationals... you know after the 3A, the music changes and he does that really hot move where he goes into a sort of squat and looked back at the judges? I've always thought the nationals 2013 version looked extra sexy lol.:space:

35 minutes ago, unicorn said:

I agree that there's still a possibility of changing it, I'm guessing after FaOI is over and Yuzuru reconvenes with his team and gets time with Jeff, we might hear something different. It's unlike them to state his programs so early in the season, so I think there is room to change and maybe his team wanted to gauge the reactions (from fans, the audience, judges and officials who might have heard the news).
Like you said, there's also some safety in performing a program that has previously been evaluated highly by judges, plus the comfort of not having to completely relearn choreography. Chopin has always been very loved by judges, even with mistakes. But I feel like +GOEs and PCS are going to be high for everyone next season, it's the Olympic season and the ISU is planning big changes to the scoring after Pyeongchang, it's time to throw out marks like candy to everyone. I just don't want him to psyche himself out by thinking he needs to do it perfectly at the Olympics (a defensive position), a new program without baggage of living up to past performances might have also been good (an attacking position).

I am sure next season judges will give out scores like candies to everyone. And I doubt Yuzuru and his team don't know that. This season they already saw that. However... a consistent SP is very much needed for Yuzuru as well. He can not risk having weak SP again and again during the Olympic season. Because a clean or semi-clean SP will help with his LP PCS and GOE. His weak (well weak...) Let's Go Crazy harmed Hope and Legacy score a lot. So he has to consider, whether to play gamble with the SP and lose the ground in LP or get a very stable SP to help to elevate LP.

Will he add the 4lz in SP? I am sure he wants to. That's why he is practising it. But will his 4lz to be stable enough in time to appear in SP? That's a big question. I am sure 4lz will be in LP though.

That's why it will be interesting to see Yuzuru's plans when he reveals his programs and final layouts next season in August. 

All this talk about Chopin reminded me of an article, I think it's one of the first times Yuzu talks about this program. It was before the 2014-2015 season started. It took me awhile to find but  I found. http://yuzuru-hanyu-translations.weebly.com/articles/to-the-new-season-the-conflict-yuzuru-hanyu-speaks-of . 

I also found an article about Jeff and he had talked a little bit about the program (during 2014-2015 season).

About Yuzu:
Working with Hanyu was a completely different experience, as the challenge was to help the skater in his post-Olympic gold season.
"I approached me about skating to Chopin," Buttle said. "I went through Chopin's musical catalog and ultimately found [Ballade No.1]." I thought about [Hanyu] and how after the Olympics was drawn in every direction, and I thought the music was reflective of how he was so off the ice, but when he was on the ice, this was his place.

http://web.icenetwork.com/news/2015/04/27/120813286 .

2 hours ago, akaokitty said:

Yeah and the arm movements during the step sequence was better too during the Olympics. Nationals was good though and he got 103, but well it's nationals... you know after the 3A, the music changes and he does that really hot move where he goes into a sort of squat and looked back at the judges? I've always thought the nationals 2013 version looked extra sexy lol.:space:

I don't much like PW (I find it a bit tacky) but I just watched the nationals on your recommendation and I'm growing to like it. The local crowd seems to really give him energy. Before he fell during Seimei and lost his confidence, the intensity was amazing. Perhaps he felt he didn't have to tone down the "Japaneseness" for an international audience. It's probably my favourite performance of it up until that unfortunate moment.

I'm with @meoima and @unicorn, I think there's a posibility of new SP when Yuzu and Jeff find time to meet up aka may be this week. I watched Yuzu's interview after performing and the only thing he confirm is 4T3T in 2nd half of SP next season. Othet than that, he sounded a bit vague to me and he didnt mention anything about the reason for Ballade 3.0. I think media are confuse about it just like us, maybe he/his team avoid the question which means that might not the final decision. 

Thats said, i'm also fine with Ballade 3.0. Having clean skate at 3rd show will be a big boost to his confidence. 

I think Chopin is a great choice, he skates it with an air of the champion, and this confidence and sureness i think will influence the perception of the judges.( remembering the british uncles saying he looked vulnerable this past season.)  For Chopin 2.0 I thought he looked like he was dancing on piano, but with Chopin 3.0, even tho doesn't exactly match the music, looks like he is conducting the music and owning the music like the champion, especially 4T3T, and it reminds me of how he bows after the HL and world, he is conducting the crowd like Kurt said.    

and Olympic has huge pressure, i doubt the youngsters with too many quads would be clean in PC

2 時間前, Katt said:

I'm with @meoima and @unicorn, I think there's a posibility of new SP when Yuzu and Jeff find time to meet up aka may be this week. I watched Yuzu's interview after performing and the only thing he confirm is 4T3T in 2nd half of SP next season. Othet than that, he sounded a bit vague to me and he didnt mention anything about the reason for Ballade 3.0. I think media are confuse about it just like us, maybe he/his team avoid the question which means that might not the final decision. 

Thats said, i'm also fine with Ballade 3.0. Having clean skate at 3rd show will be a big boost to his confidence. 

I didn't notice it but it's a bit stragenge.  He usually talks so much about a reason of his choice.  He was confortable with his skating of Ballade, it's true, but he didnt mention the reason of choice so far. Instead, ANA's shirota-san responded.  He may talk from now in his interviews or so...

5 minutes ago, hamaguri said:

I didn't notice it but it's a bit stragenge.  He usually talks so much about a reason of his choice.  He was confortable with his skating of Ballade, it's true, but he didnt mention the reason of choice so far. Instead, ANA's shirota-san responded.  He may talk from now in his interviews or so...

In his recent interview, he did not say it clearly that he will skate to Chopin 3.0 right? I mean directly from his mouth like: "yes, I will use this for the Olympic season."

And he did not even say anything concrete about the final layout? I mean other than just 4T3T in the second half? 

Thank you.