General Yuzuru Chat

So I just had time to watch Chopin 1.0 he performed at DOI and boy oh boy it was beautiful  :smiley-love017:

It felt a little bit weird for me because Chopin 2.0 has been the "it" program for me and I always go back to watch it over and over, thus the sequence of the program is already imprinted in my mind. I love this program the most bc I felt the step sequence really showed Yuzu's skills and I can't wait to see how he expands the program even more.

Since it's the Olympic season, blue is the special color isn't it? I think his Chopin 2.0 costume's color really suits the Olympic with blue and tiny bit gold. Also, the costume really made his delicacy stood out. I really can't wait for the costume too :embSwan:

argghhh I'm soooo excited hahaha

I guess the roler coaster of emotions we had ytd built up the hype (or should I say, nerves? Tension?) for the Olympic season even more  :hachimaki:

Plushenko made it to 4 Olympics with a robo-spine. Why can't he focus on emulating that instead of the mushroom?

I don't think he'll r**** anytime soon, anyway. Thee are too many more challenges he wants to face. He's said with a completely straight face in press conferences that he wants to land 4A in competition and nobody around him flinched.

If he doesn't get Olympic gold there's not a chance he'll bow out like that. (I'm trying very hard not to wish for silver.)

1 minute ago, SparkleSalad said:

Plushenko made it to 4 Olympics with a robo-spine. Why can't he focus on emulating that instead of the mushroom?

Eeehhhhh... yeah, no please. I'd rather have him r**** earlier but as healthy as possible then force himself through something like that :slinkaway:

I don't want him to go through the pain and surgeries Plushenko had, but his persistence is really admirable and something to emulate.

Also, we noticed at Japanese nationals the men's field wasn't deep anymore. Aside from Shoma and maybe Sota, who will take over? He's still needed like Plushenko was.

5 minutes ago, yuzuangel said:

I don't mind if he skates on like Patrick: healthy but not pushing himself too hard, finishing in top 4-6 rather than top 2. Of course, skating on for the love of skating and experimenting rather than a sense that something is incomplete or missing. That would make me so happy.

The thing is, he won't be happy. He has to win every single time. It's just him...

Well given how competitive Yuzuru is, I doubt he will skate for top 5 finish. He will always aim for gold. He seem to be the type that want to finish his career when he's still on top of the game.

3 minutes ago, Katt said:

Well given how competitive Yuzuru is, I doubt he will skate for top 5 finish. He will always aim for gold. He seem to be the type that want to finish his career when he's still on top of the game.

Yeah, he won't skate until Jeremy Abbot's age. Or Sergey Voronov's. Unfortunately for us. This is the man who takes a silver medal as a defeat.

Just now, Fay said:

Yeah, he won't skate until Jeremy Abbot's age. Or Sergey Voronov's. Unfortunately for us. This is the man who takes a silver medal as a defeat.

And positions them so that he can stare at them as motivation :facepalm: :laughing:

1 minute ago, Yatagarasu said:

And positions them so that he can stare at them as motivation :facepalm: :laughing:

Yeah, for any other man a silver medal is a cause for jubilation, for him... it's a sign he has to work harder.

9 minutes ago, Fay said:

The thing is, he won't be happy. He has to win every single time. It's just him...

Yeah, it's just how he is. As a fan, I'd really rather see him be happy and healthy than to see that many more years of competitions from him. 

1 minute ago, ralucutzagy said:

Almost anybody else would be in the seventh heaven to get a place on the podium ... Not our boy ... silver = kuyashi

Even a gold can be kuyashi. As we well know.

One has to wonder what effect would a second OGM have on him... his younger self said he might decide to r**** after that, but what if, once he'll have it... he'll actually crave for more?! :rofl::rofl: That would totally be In Character.