General Yuzuru Chat

1 hour ago, kaeryth said:

OMG! Poor Alina looked so confused over the Yuzu cosplayer! :20111123175551f36: (I feel the same... it was funny at first now it's a bit... cringey?)

36 minutes ago, robin said:

I'm waiting for the day this cosplayer stops being a thing :2:

Aghhhh, so sorry Zagi-chan! As a Japanese, I'd like to apologise for this criminally cringey character who calls himself 'Hanyu Yuzurenai' (=non-negotiable). He was a bit funny at the beginning but now he's just using Yuzu's popularity and TV stations are to be blamed for. I am scared of the thought that as long as Yuzu's popularity lasts, this character will be around on TV to milk it. 

:13877886::13877886::13877886:

5 hours ago, TallyT said:

I wouldn't be too sure of that, and I speak as one of the great Bad Cooks of the World... I have burned boiled eggs (twice in an hour), exploded mushrooms, made a baby's bottle with icing sugar, added salt five times to a meal that didn't need it at all, more than once forgotten that tablespoons and teaspoons are, umm, not the same (even after the curry disaster), completely screwed up the complexities of toast with jam (I still don't quite know how)... and we don't talk about the Spaghetti Incident. I actually happily nodded along with Yizi's hot chocolate making and didn't quite (till you folk explained) get what was wrong with it.

I also know a monk who still doesn't understand why throwing brown and white into the same pot to cook doesn't work, and read about a woman who forgot to put egg in her family's egg and lettuce sandwiches.  We do try, we just... go blank.  But at least Yuzu can afford to eat out/ring in as long as he needs to (I know of people who do that pretty much all the time, they NEVER make anything more complicated than corn flakes.)

I am seriously in awe after reading that.

Wow. Exploding mushrooms. That's amazing, it's practically a new skill. I don't think I could make mushrooms explode and you have no idea how badly I want to now! 

I think Yuzu would probably be fine if he has to figure things out on his own after he stops skating competitively. It'll open up a lot more room in his head for normal, usual things. He'd probably be a decent cook after a few disasters. I pretty much never cooked when I lived with my parents. Baking cakes was my only contribution. But when I moved out and got really sick and tired of takeout, I started experimenting and it turned out okay in the end. I was hopelessly incompetent with real living stuff, like where to pay bills and how, and how to get things done at a bank, and all that, but I figured it out. Yuzu is very intelligent and he's learnt how to ask for help when he needs it, so when his brain finally has room for something other than skating, he'll probably figure it out too. 

I have done the burning boiled eggs thing, though. Never start doing anything interesting after putting eggs on to boil unless you've got a loud timer. NEVER. 

6 minutes ago, BWOZWaltz said:

Aghhhh, so sorry Zagi-chan! As a Japanese, I'd like to apologise for this criminally cringey character who calls himself 'Hanyu Yuzurenai' (=non-negotiable). He was a bit funny at the beginning but now he's just using Yuzu's popularity and TV stations are to be blamed for. I am scared of the thought that as long as Yuzu's popularity lasts, this character will be around on TV to milk it. 

There should be a motion to outlaw this level of cringe. :P Also Alina's reaction is just pure meme material... :laughing:

OMG! Poor Alina looked so confused over the Yuzu cosplayer! :20111123175551f36: (I feel the same... it was funny at first now it's a bit... cringey?)

The whole time I watched this I was laughing at Alina's expression :smiley-laughing021: Meanwhile, Javi and Kaetlyn are just playing along and clapping... :laughing:

I wonder what Yuzu thinks of this guy, I mean, I don't think I'd be impressed with someone constantly trying to imitate me when they don't even do it well :knc_brian3:

6 minutes ago, WinForPooh said:

I have done the burning boiled eggs thing, though. Never start doing anything interesting after putting eggs on to boil unless you've got a loud timer. NEVER. 

I have the same experience with lentils. I don't know why, my cooking skills are above average Italian person I'd say, but lentils are my Arch-nemesis and I always forget them when I put them on boil, so they end up carbonizing all my pots. 

OT but if it's somehow related I've been binging on Yuzuru content all day long. How many days till FAOI? pretty much as many days as my uni exams, right? Because Yuzuru has the perfect timing of skating publicly exactly when I should ONLY be studying. Oh well, at least I'm somewhat also studying Seimei history. 

8 minutes ago, Murieleirum said:

I have the same experience with lentils. I don't know why, my cooking skills are above average Italian person I'd say, but lentils are my Arch-nemesis and I always forget them when I put them on boil, so they end up carbonizing all my pots. 

OT but if it's somehow related I've been binging on Yuzuru content all day long. How many days till FAOI? pretty much as many days as my uni exams, right? Because Yuzuru has the perfect timing of skating publicly exactly when I should ONLY be studying. Oh well, at least I'm somewhat also studying Seimei history. 

Starts from May 25 in Makuhari, goes on to Kanazawa beginning of June, a break and then Kobe, Niigata, Shizuoka. All through June except for that break. But Yuzu isn't there for a couple of shows because of... stuff... Official things, I think.

(Lentils take long enough and are forgiving enough that I've never ruined them or my pans with them. But I have actually boiled eggs dry, and still have the scorch marks on that pan. And milk! Milk boiling over, and the stove scrubbing after that! I always yelp 'MILK!!' and run back into the kitchen exactly in time to see it rise and boil over.)

13 minutes ago, Rainna said:

There should be a motion to outlaw this level of cringe. :P Also Alina's reaction is just pure meme material... :laughing:

13 minutes ago, Kizuna said:

The whole time I watched this I was laughing at Alina's expression :smiley-laughing021: Meanwhile, Javi and Kaetlyn are just playing along and clapping... :laughing:

I wonder what Yuzu thinks of this guy, I mean, I don't think I'd be impressed with someone constantly trying to imitate me when they don't even do it well :knc_brian3:

21 minutes ago, BWOZWaltz said:

I think my level of cringe was even bigger than Alina's, I kept closing the broadcast because of that cosplayer, and then it seems I even missed the skaters with the puppies because the cringe was too much to handle :')

just no please :')

there's too much of him nowadays, i was fine when he smiled and took pictures now with those exaggerated moves is starting to.... :anger:

9 minutes ago, MrPudding said:

there's too much of him nowadays, i was fine when he smiled and took pictures now with those exaggerated moves is starting to.... :anger:

I remember someone saying that Yuzu doesn’t like it when ppl imitate him. What would Yuzu say to this cosplayer :laughing:

24 minutes ago, WinForPooh said:

Starts from May 25 in Makuhari, goes on to Kanazawa beginning of June, a break and then Kobe, Niigata, Shizuoka. All through June except for that break. But Yuzu isn't there for a couple of shows because of... stuff... Official things, I think.

Evening in Japan is morning here in Europe... let's hope I have evening shifts on those days. I really need some new Yuzu content <3 I miss him so much. 

1 hour ago, WinForPooh said:

Starts from May 25 in Makuhari

They probably have to start practicing for it a few days beforehand, don't they? I really, really, REALLY hope he'll start showing up on other people's social media as soon as they start, but I guess I shouldn't be too optimistic. 

29 minutes ago, ajnats said:

They probably have to start practicing for it a few days beforehand, don't they? I really, really, REALLY hope he'll start showing up on other people's social media as soon as they start, but I guess I shouldn't be too optimistic. 

We can keep our fingers crossed and hope our greedy little hearts out. :biggrin: