General Yuzuru Chat

Some numbers from Yuzuru’s victory celebration parade

by yuzusorbet

a) Yuzu’s parade T-shirts and wristbands were manufactured and sold to cover the cost of the parade. The T-shirt is ¥2500 each and they made 80,000 shirts, and 70,000 shirts were sold by the day of the parade.
70,000 x ¥2500 = ¥175,000,000 /US$1,623,500

b) The wristband (a set of 2 wristbands, purple and blue) is ¥1000 /set and they made 10,000 sets and all were sold out on the day of the parade.
10,000 x ¥1000 = ¥10,000,000 /US$92,800

a) + b), the sales of those items were ¥185,000,000 / US$1,716,300 in total. In addition to this, many people donated for this parade and their donations reached ¥20,000,000 /US$185,550.  (note: these are not the final numbers as the amount was still going up at the time of original post)

【¥205,000,000 /US$1,902,000】take away【the material and labour costs (yes, it gave a good influence to the local economy too)】was the profit = fund for the parade. If it is more than the actual expenses for the parade, the rest will be used for the recovery of Tohoku.  (They did the same for the parade after Sochi).

35 minutes ago, SparkleSalad said:

Hello. Here is today's important video. 

Kind of breaks my heart a little to see how noticeably slower his spins in PC are, and knowing just why that was so. I mean, I know it's all past now and it ended splendidly, but it still hurts a little to think about :tumblr_inline_ncmif7esGm1rpglid:

8 minutes ago, SparkleSalad said:

Reveal hidden contents

emergency_googly_eyes_grande.jpg?v=1520534567

Spoiler

I've always wanted to buy a pack (or a tin!) of those... And than just walk around town attaching it to random objects. Like a post box. Or a traffic light. Or a mannequin. 

28 minutes ago, OonsieHui said:

Kind of breaks my heart a little to see how noticeably slower his spins in PC are, and knowing just why that was so. I mean, I know it's all past now and it ended splendidly, but it still hurts a little to think about :tumblr_inline_ncmif7esGm1rpglid:

Same, it was noticeable. And you know the judges made sure to ding him for it in PCS, but no matter anymore...

16 minutes ago, kaeryth said:

Translation? :tumblr_inline_n18qr5lPWB1qid2nw:

It's just a short piece naming the Waseda students who competed and won medals at the Olympics/Paralympics.

Hanyu Yuzuru (Studying in the School of Human Sciences' Long Distance Program; ANA affiliate) won the gold medal in the men's figure skating event (Ganggeung Arena) at the Pyeongchang Winter Olympics on Feburary 17. As a result, he has now gained two consecutive gold medals following the Sochi Winter Olympics.