General Yuzuru Chat

8 minutes ago, ICeleste said:

why did I just picture Yuzuru doing a 3A in Tonya's dress

:rofl:

Hahahahaha, Yuzuru is too thin, especially in the chest area.

A more muscular male skater, from North American is more suited. wakakaka\

14 minutes ago, dotsquare said:

Dropping in to say I love your DP @yumeaki :clap: That selfie with Wakaba gives me so much life :13877886:

He needs to take more silly-face photos and let them be posted on SNS!

25 minutes ago, singermelodie1 said:

The way he pushed Yuzu to stay seated:english1:

I remember feeling so awkward for him when watching him being made to sit while the rest all stands up for him. Most of the journalists are much older than him... So not in Japanese culture to see a young one sitting in front of standing old folks. This polite gentleman probably finds this situation harder than attaining a 4A.

36 minutes ago, kaeryth said:

Translation of Yuzuru’s special feature in Fujingaho (婦人画報), May 2018

Translated by: nanoka12 @ tumblr

-The day SEIMEI dominated the world

- 11 March, Sendai. One month after the gold medal. And, seven years since that day.

-17 February, PyeongChang. With a smile, SEIMEI danced. 

ETA: I want to quote everything. This is a very moving article.

:sadPooh: i wish i could write everything i'm thinking after reading this...

41 minutes ago, kaeryth said:

Translation of Yuzuru’s special feature in Fujingaho (婦人画報), May 2018

Translated by: nanoka12 @ tumblr

-The day SEIMEI dominated the world

- 11 March, Sendai. One month after the gold medal. And, seven years since that day.

-17 February, PyeongChang. With a smile, SEIMEI danced. 

ETA: I want to quote everything. This is a very moving article.

Random emo thoughts i had while reading this that has absolutely nothing to do with anything incoming:

"It will be alright, he will not lose."

It was with these words etched into my mind that i watched him skate that magical morning. For some reason, right as he stepped onto the ice for his 6 minute warm up, an indescribable calm settled over me. In that moment i let go of all of my worries, all of the painstaking uncertainty and fear, and i had complete faith in him. I've never enjoyed a performance  by Yuzu as much as i did then, being rid of all of the doubt. Then the absolute joy as he took his final pose, and even though i lack a lot in skating knowledge i knew he had done a good enough job. I just knew it. I hope Yuzu knows how much incomparable comfort and delight he has brought me, and many others around the world and of course in Japan and Sendai, with not only his olympic achievements but with his mere existance.

I wish i could feel this complete confidence and trust once more in the future, seeing as nothing has been more satisfactory than to see Yuzu succeed without being riddled with irrational nerves.

8 hours ago, yuzuangel said:

god, I just KNOW I'm gonna be annoyed by any movie of Yuzu that isn't produced by Yuzu, LOL

When your life is so animated and unreal that no one can star in it for a real movie :9:  This reminds me of This Reply from Alice :rofl:

"Tell you what, though, if he were a character in a manga I’d probably scoff at the author for being overly clichéd. I mean, a hero repeatedly overcoming staggering odds? A colorful cast of opponents who get exponentially stronger as the story progresses? Him showing up to save the day, stoically enduring his not-yet-healed injury? His triumph at the end? The perfect, heartfelt, tear-jerking happy ending? What kind of inane and lazy plotting is that even? If this were indeed fiction I’d have thought the author of the story must be a privileged millennial who sees the world in magical rainbow sparkles and knows nothing about the true hardships of life. I’d have told him/her to wake the hell up and face the truth because fairytale isn’t real and miracle doesn’t exist, sweetie."

I can think of at least two big hits:

1/ A serious, emotional movie about his fans. I remember tearing up from watching how you guys put together that giant banner for him last December. We need more movies like that!

2/ A short movie to convert noobs to fanyus. I find that everytime I gush, people just go... "wow, you really like this guy", rather "wow, this guy is really amazing". :1: