General Yuzuru Chat

2 minutes ago, SparkleSalad said:

Oh geez. Well I better just buy tickets to everything else just to be safe. 

On an unrelated note: anyone want to buy a house?

If Yuzu is your primary motivation you can skip 4CC. it's too close to Olys, he won't go for 99,99999999999999% (as any other top skater)

2 minutes ago, Dori6886 said:

If Yuzu is your primary motivation you can skip 4CC. it's too close to Olys, he won't go for 99,99999999999999% (as any other top skater)

I'm clinging to any tiny thread of hope that I won't have to go all the way to Europe or bankrupt from Olympics. 

Between the SP news from FaOI and the GP placements, I'm practically disassociating right now...

Lol Yuzu vs Nathan at COR. Start the GP series with a bang. Why not.

I'm curious to see what he will do with Chopin if he really is resurrecting it as his SP because I think it needs more than just a jump BV upgrade to justify pulling it back for a 3rd season and with it being a program he skated to practical perfection at 3 international events, I think there's going to be a lot of pressure to perform it clean. I'm worried it's going to give judges an opening to be tight with their scoring unless he manages to skate it clean consistently.

idk man idk 

1 minute ago, SparkleSalad said:

I'm clinging to any tiny thread of hope that I won't have to go all the way to Europe or bankrupt from Olympics. 

I'm afraid you have better chances for getting NHK tickets (but still not high unfortunately) than Yuzu competing at 4CC next season :consoling2:

3 minutes ago, jinabee said:

I think there's going to be a lot of pressure to perform it clean. I'm worried it's going to give judges an opening to be tight with their scoring unless he manages to skate it clean consistently.

idk man idk 

Quoted for probable truth. I feel the same way. It feels very, very risky.

I would rather him to skate Chopin Ballade No.2 or any other one, lol. I can't help but feel dissapointed, this is my favorite program of his and one of my all-time favorites but for third time? For Olympic season? :sadPooh: 

I'm satisfied with Grand Prix events though, finally no Skate Canada and the drama will be real from the very beginning :dpooh:

I was definitely not expecting him to choose Chopin as SP again for the upcoming season... I have to say I was hoping for something different. But I can kind of see his reasoning, maybe because he's skated Chopin so well in the past it seems like a reliable SP for him during the Olympic season. But still, I selfishly want to see as many different programs skated by Yuzu as possible :text-line-smiley-011: I'm looking forward to see how he will upgrade it though! And if he has an awesome fresh FP I will be very happy!!

5 minutes ago, Winnie_20 said:

Quoted for probable truth. I feel the same way. It feels very, very risky.

My biggest reason for being not very enthusiastic about him bringing it back is how likely it is that the judges won't be keen on a program being recycled for a 3rd season and penalise him for it whenever possible or having high expectations and penalising him if he fails to meet those expectations (which they arguably did last season).

the second biggest reason depends on why and when he decided to go back to Chopin but I hate there's a possibility he was so disappointed with LGC and his confidence was broken by failing to meet his own expectations with LGC he went back to a program he had success with that he feels is safe. 

:smiley-sad058:

I've also seen people speculating other possible reasons though so it depends on if he ever gives any reasoning behind the choice.