General Yuzuru Chat

20 minutes ago, yuzupon said:

I have a feeling he would not do GP next season. Just a hunch.:peekapooh:

It could also be that it's just my subconscious trying to prepare for the drought.:headdesk2:

tbh I don't share the feeling. If he wants to stay competitive (and he does), after 6-7 months of rest and rehabilitation, won't he desire the most to come back and skate competitively? 

9 minutes ago, Murieleirum said:

tbh I don't share the feeling. If he wants to stay competitive (and he does), after 6-7 months of rest and rehabilitation, won't he desire the most to come back and skate competitively? 

It's ok, you don't have to share the feeling. I don't have any justification whatsoever for it. That's why I called it 'a feeling' and 'just a hunch':english2: 

I'd call it 'a thinking' if I have any justification.

4 minutes ago, yuzupon said:

It's ok, you don't have to share the feeling. I don't have any justification whatsoever for it. That's why I called it 'a feeling' and 'just a hunch':english2: 

I'd call it 'a thinking' if I have any justification.

I'm sorry, I didn't want to sound harsh, I wanted to share some optimism actually! We're just finished with the Olympics and we have a lot of months of rehab ahead of "us" (Yuzuru is the one doing all the work, that's all), so why go ahead and think about him not going to the GPS? c: I mean, history tells us that the only reason he won't go to a comp is when his health doesn't allow him to. So I'm gonna hope nothing will stop him from competing, starting september or early october. 

2 minutes ago, Murieleirum said:

I'm sorry, I didn't want to sound harsh, I wanted to share some optimism actually! We're just finished with the Olympics and we have a lot of months of rehab ahead of "us" (Yuzuru is the one doing all the work, that's all), so why go ahead and think about him not going to the GPS? c: I mean, history tells us that the only reason he won't go to a comp is when his health doesn't allow him to. So I'm gonna hope nothing will stop him from competing, starting september or early october. 

I understand. I did say it's ok if you don't share the feeling, right? I hope you would let me have what I feel as well.

I personally do not put 'Zu not competing in GP' into the same boat as 'being pessimistic'. (So, if that's what you're worried about me based on the post, no need. I am fine.)

If anyone feels what I just share depressing, I apologise. 

Also, admin, so sorry for being rather off topic.

I am going to just shut up, now.:slinkaway:

If he does GPs or which ones he gets can depend on how his healing goes and how much time he has after to get back into competitive shape; he might actually choose/request later GPs to give him more time, like Satoko did this season. He'll want NHK after so long not competing at home, though, if he does manage to get back in time for GP season. 

16 minutes ago, xeyra said:

If he does GPs or which ones he gets can depend on how his healing goes and how much time he has after to get back into competitive shape; he might actually choose/request later GPs to give him more time, like Satoko did this season. He'll want NHK after so long not competing at home, though, if he does manage to get back in time for GP season. 

I too thought that NHK and TdF would be most likely. 

But that would be a pickle: what about the traditional silver at his first GP? That would collide with a traditional gold at NHK. :think:

I think it'll depend on his ankle. He might go for later ones to maximise post-rehab training time.

While he took three weeks to get ready for Oly, that was with programmes he had ingrained into his mind and body. I'm guessing new for next season, so my guess is later comps

19 minutes ago, Moria Polonius said:

I too thought that NHK and TdF would be most likely. 

But that would be a pickle: what about the traditional silver at his first GP? That would collide with a traditional gold at NHK. :think:

Well, now that Yuzu has reached his old goals and now has new ones, lots will start to change now :biggrin: He might even get a gold at 4CC someday :biggrin:

(Frankly, I'm excited to see him win a GP gold at anywhere other than NHK. It'll also be easier to see him live, whee <3 )