General Yuzuru Chat

:offtopic:

Japan has a comedian(?) who is a former Hockey player(?) who is impersonating Hanyu as a gag; impersonating not in a bad way (monomane - it's a form of recognized talent). I don't get their gags or the appeal, but it's a different culture so. Yuzu and his brand is really something.

9 minutes ago, OonsieHui said:

there kind of is transparency in judging now... in the sense that they aren't anonymous anymore. the problem is that nothing is being done about the blatant bias and unfairness.

Spoiler

I mean transparency in how each judge grade so bias can be called out, not like judge's nationality being revealed, cuz it doesn't do anything about justifying scoring even thou it alr looks soooo OBVIOUS how judge favors their own skaters.

Im against backloading itself. I think 1 or 2 jumps shld be in the first half as a rule. And lastly I said zagitova is more than a jumping bean. She has an artistic side as well. 

Anyway back to Yuzu. If there is a chance for him to continue to win amongst this crazy quad fest we have now, the rules have to be changed. Yuzu will get injured more and more if figure skating is too unbalanced towards TES. 

I hope the ISU will know that. 

I once heard Russian media saying that the age limit for the senior stage should be raised from 15 so that the sport isnt dominated by little girls. I kind of agree. The reason figure skaters are retiring earlier than before is because its a sport that is too favored for younger skaters. If we raise the senior age limit to say 17, skaters like javi can compete longer. 

29 minutes ago, Forcefield said:

:offtopic:

Japan has a comedian(?) who is a former Hockey player(?) who is impersonating Hanyu as a gag; impersonating not in a bad way (monomane - it's a form of recognized talent). I don't get their gags or the appeal, but it's a different culture so. Yuzu and his brand is really something.

well, it makes you appreciate the real yuzu more i guess :P 

The thing about Yuzu and the "crazy quad fest" is that he actively became a part of it. He didn't need to have five quads in his Olympic skate, but he chose to because he likes to challenge himself. In an interview when he was asked about the changes being made, he said that he was still going to challenge himself, even continue trying to do a quad axel and even try a quint! So throwing more points to wards artistry, in the end, isn't going to stop skaters who enjoy challenging themselves, like Hanyu, from attempting more difficult technical components. In regards to injuries, skaters are going to get injured one time or another, considering how much skaters practice. The only foreseeable way to near completely remove injury as being a possible risk is to eliminate jumps completely, which would never be done. 

12 hours ago, dorkyiceprince said:

I was thinking of getting rid of my pantene shampoo because it's way too drying but then this appears and who needs hair anyway :dpooh:

You still have hair? After following Yuzu? I don't think Pantene will do as much damage to my hair as the model does. :dpooh:

5 hours ago, SydneyH said:

Sorry I will let this little thing here....:embSwan:

Hair, and heart, too.

1 hour ago, SparkleSalad said:

I think it will be a lot more difficult to hide bias. The American judge who gave only +2 for his 4T and 4S is going to stand out a lot more if she tries to give +3, for example, among a row of +5.

As for the time reduction, I’ll miss that extra 30 seconds of magic as well but that too is going to really emphasise the difference in quality and the emptiness of programs of the kind of skaters who pack in quads but not much else and a skater like Yuzu who, in addition to paying attention to transitions and difficult entries, doesn’t need such long set up times for his jumps.

They'll stand out and flip us all the bird 'coz everybody knows and nobody at ISU cares. And so Yuzu will continue doing what he does, which is frankly quite, quite insane.

7 minutes ago, cinemacoconut said:

I wnt yuzu to skate to Michael Jackson as well hahahaha 

That's great, but could you please post music talk in the music thread (and stuff about other skaters in the general skating thread)? We all go OT here and there as part of conversation, but quite a few people have posted the links to both of these threads here in the last few pages so that we can go there to make the relevant posts and stop going OT so much. There are also threads for skaters from other countries (Team Japan, Team Russia and so on in Igloo World) where they can be discussed.

:thanks: