General Yuzuru Chat

5 minutes ago, Yatagarasu said:

I cannot say how long I think it'll take for him to heal as I honestly don't think we have enough information so I'm not really inclined to put any potential date on it. I'm going more with what they're hinting at here, as I assume there's some positive reasoning to it, apart from the PR angle of making sure to be very clear he's staying and is intent on further advancing his skating, which is pretty important now, as there's lots of talk about retirements, new generation, etc. And in general, for his own brand, it's positive. They just don't seem to be the type of a team who'd toot his horn based on nothing at all though of course, best laid plans and all as we've seen, but again, knock on wood, everything crossed that it does go as smoothly as possible.

And yes, landing without the harness goes along with Max and his piece of news of 30% success rate, which is why I think once he's healed, it's going to take months, not years, to try it out for real in a competition. 

____

@kaeryth I think he is! I read him as such myself, especially the very ending of the interview so he's probably in some mix state of worry combined with excitement. 

I've just got everything crossed that his checkups now give him something positive. All that jumping and skating on a still injured ankle... Knock on all the wood in the world that he didn't set recovery back too long. Heal, and we'll see that 4A soon after. 

1 minute ago, yuzuangel said:

Personally I think I have selfish reasons to not want to see 4A so fast :13877886: just because he says it's his "last motivation" to keep skating (but who knows, this boy finds motivations faster than he can fulfill them...)

I don't think anyone cultivates kuyashii from the Universe as fast as he does, so tbh, I am not all that worried at the moment :rofl:

Just now, yuzuangel said:

How perfect can he look :13877886:

Personally I think I have selfish reasons to not want to see 4A so fast :13877886: just because he says it's his "last motivation" to keep skating (but who knows, this boy finds motivations faster than he can fulfill them...)

Haha, I was hoping he brings 4Lo and 4Lz back next season (as long as he recovers) and 4A the one after that... so we can have at least two more seasons. But now I am resigned to go along with the ride with whatever may come.

2 minutes ago, yuzuangel said:

How perfect can he look :13877886:

Gold medals increase beauty. I learnt that this week.

4A with transitions and +5GOE won’t come so soon. Then Boyang will 5lz and Zu will go full kuyashii and the cycle will continue. :biggrin:

14 minutes ago, getsurenka said:

While you guys are worrying about Nessie, all I can focus on is whether he finally changes his old one and receives a red passport (2nd pic)? 

In some of these photos he looks photoshopped (or looks like that cardboard cutout they had of him post JNats'17 interview with Team Japan) :laughing:

On 2/23/2018 at 3:46 PM, Forcefield said:

For anyone looking for the video (because I certainly was) where he talks to Akiko in a post-Olys interview about doing his version of the camel spin.

Sad to be quoting my own comment and asking this, but did anyone manage to save this video, or find a different one? I didn't get to download it on time and now it's gone. :13877886::tumblr_inline_mzx922J8H21r8msi5: