General Yuzuru Chat

11 minutes ago, Aotoshiro said:

Blame the ninja this time!

Also, what is the closest related to Yuzu thing the whole Planet waits for? Cm? Documentary streaming party? Cos I think I need to start writing this stuff down, right  next to my exam schedule...:Poohgaveup: but what a motivation!

NHK documentary on the 7th! I'm less ready for it than the actual competition. What if we get post-NHK footage this time? We'll only have 2 days to process it before team SP. :tumblr_inline_ncmif7esGm1rpglid:

1 минуту назад, SparkleSalad сказал:

That shhhhDON! is going to explode my heart when I hear it again after all this time. Someone will have to visit me in the afterlife to tell me who wins.

I hope thoughts about Milan will keep me afloat :dpooh:

2 hours ago, Gaby said:

But those glasses are not real aren't they? If they were real the light would refract when it travels through the lens,and the image of his face would be slightly distorted. I wonder if he uses those glasses for fashion only. )

Yuzu is indeed a little short-sighted, as are a lot other skaters, because ice reflecting lights does things to people’s eyes apparently. In documentaries as well as when people run into him in daily life, he often wears glasses. But those glasses in the picture are obviously put on him by some stylist :biggrin: 

1 minute ago, SparkleSalad said:

OT Scary fans

One of the funniest was when fans riddled out TVXQs Changmin was having a mean with Song Qian from a reflection in a spoon...

(Finding out Yuzu wears contacts from seeing the outline in his eyes doesn't seem that bad to me, it's something you could discover just through editing pics from an event or smth. I have removed food from around idol's mouths before -_- sometimes you just have to hella zoom in even if you not heavily editing)

43 minutes ago, PomeloPooh said:

Yuzu is indeed a little short-sighted, as are a lot other skaters, because ice reflecting lights does things to people’s eyes apparently. In documentaries as well as when people run into him in daily life, he often wears glasses. But those glasses in the picture are obviously put on him by some stylist :biggrin: 

Hm. How is he coping on ice though? Contacts? Or , if he is only a little short-sighted he can indeed skate  without any appliances)))

13 minutes ago, SparkleSalad said:

OT Scary fans

... And I thought I was special for noticing that one of Yuzu's Phiten necklaces has ゆづ written on it lol

Anyway, I'm not surprised he really does wear glasses. Eye problems seem somewhat common in Japan in general, too. But of course, that doesn't mean the glasses we see in photoshoots are real glasses (they'd have to get them in his prescription or whatever its called; though I guess that's not as different as getting clothes his size...) I have no experience with anything other than sunglasses lol (a few years ago I took pride in my 20-20 vision, but by now I think it has deteriorated some)

2 minutes ago, Gaby said:

Hm. How is he coping on ice though? Contacts? Or , if he is only a little short-sighted he can indeed skate  without any appliances)))

Now I imagine Yuzu doing an Ex with colored contacts or so... (I'm a sucker for red contacts... vampire Yuzu XD)

3 minutes ago, KatjaThera said:

... And I thought I was special for noticing that one of Yuzu's Phiten necklaces has ゆづ written on it lol

Anyway, I'm not surprised he really does wear glasses. Eye problems seem somewhat common in Japan in general, too. But of course, that doesn't mean the glasses we see in photoshoots are real glasses (they'd have to get them in his prescription or whatever its called; though I guess that's not as different as getting clothes his size...) I have no experience with anything other than sunglasses lol (a few years ago I took pride in my 20-20 vision, but by now I think it has deteriorated some)

Now I imagine Yuzu doing an Ex with colored contacts or so... (I'm a sucker for red contacts... vampire Yuzu XD)

Yes to this! Red eyes!

Just now, KatjaThera said:

I imagine for photoshoot, unless he is wearing his own glasses, they are frames with useless plastic in them lol. Perscription lenses aren't easy to guess or just pick up randomly - example; my eyes are different strengths with one being quite a bit worse than the other. 

Also....coloured contacts are horrible to wear. Super uncomfortable. The worst. 0/10 would not recommend. idk my eyes tend to be dry and fussy with contacts but i tried coloured ones for fun and it was miserable and one popped out randomly while walking down the street. skating in them would be terrible.

2 minutes ago, CupidsBow said:

I imagine for photoshoot, unless he is wearing his own glasses, they are frames with useless plastic in them lol. Perscription lenses aren't easy to guess or just pick up randomly - example; my eyes are different strengths with one being quite a bit worse than the other. 

Also....coloured contacts are horrible to wear. Super uncomfortable. The worst. 0/10 would not recommend. idk my eyes tend to be dry and fussy with contacts but i tried coloured ones for fun and it was miserable and one popped out randomly while walking down the street. skating in them would be terrible.

Apparently coloured lenses also depend heavily on quality. One cosplayer from my country, actually the only one who ever has a chance on international cosplay contest/shows etc. said that it would be much cheaper without lenses. Apparently, good ones can cost as much as prescriptives (which sometimes makes up one third of a costume price).

Also, you forgot the calibration or this schtick that's being measured aside of your vision strength (No idea how this was called in english-something with canal and angle at which your lenses have to break light to make it more comfortable for eye). can't believe I'm already wearing glasses for half of my life lmao, just noticed.

3 hours ago, SparkleSalad said:

NHK documentary on the 7th! I'm less ready for it than the actual competition. What if we get post-NHK footage this time? We'll only have 2 days to process it before team SP. :tumblr_inline_ncmif7esGm1rpglid:

:thanks: two days before Team Short...day before my exam...okay, this one's easy one, I can cram an hour before...

25 minutes ago, Gaby said:

I wear contacts for skating, and glasses normally. I think the greater issue is astigmatism?