General Yuzuru Chat

3 minutes ago, xeyra said:

This is SUCH a busy cover but I like it. This must not be the full cover, though, since I'm seeing half an arm on the side (maybe a Japanese figure skater lady?). I guess it continues into the backcover. Any images of that one?

Nope... I didn't found any ... just this one ... 

lol ... busy cover, indeed, I didn't noticed the half arm until now ...

20 minutes ago, xeyra said:

I'd just like to point out that the Russian analysis doesn't really determine whether one is artistic or not, only the relative difficulty of their programs for purposes of comparative SS/TR and possibly CO scoring. I consider Shoma plenty artistic even if his FS is not as complex as others (his SP, on the other hand, seems pretty good comparatively in that analysis), because he excels in Performance and Interpretation. I do wish to see him branch out a bit more into less intense and more loose, relaxed programs in the future, so we'll see post-Olympics, but I don't want people to read these analysis and think the amount of one-foot skating is what determines artistry. I do like it when these analysis highlight how bonkers it is when some judges give Nathan the same or better SS/TR scores than Yuzuru or Patrick or even Javi, though (I am looking at you, 4CC 2017/CoR 2017 judges). And for all that Shoma has some of the best edges in the business, I don't think he should ever get higher SS scores than Patrick Chan, which is what happened at Skate Canada. And possibly never higher than Yuzuru, whose complexity really is unmatched. But that doesn't make Shoma's artistry an optical illusion. 

That's a good point. I was thinking artistry=PCS here and since transitions are part of PCS... but yes, you're right, it's harsh to say Shoma's artistry is an optical illusion. It's just my initial impression of Shoma was that he was a bit closer to Yuzu from all points of view, so the transition analysis was a bit of a disappointment. In many ways, the impression is what matters for us as viewers, but the scores should reflect the technical facts.

I guess I might be the exception, but it sometimes annoys me how Japanese media always goes for a perfectly polished Yuzu image. His hair combed perfectly, not a hair out of place, glasses and now that sweater... he looks like a perfect nerd studious boy from the 70s and while I love him - and I love him in glasses - it makes me want to claw my eyes out sometimes lol. The Ghana hot chocolate shoot was probably the only time they didn't give him perfectly combed hair - although the intentional tousled look was a bit awkward in itself; good thing Yuzu made it cute by being Yuzu lol. By comparison, in that video with the pianist he looked awesome and he was somewhat polished there, too, just not so... this lol (That said, I did pre-order that magazine and will get it with the new book... ^_^; ) Also, to be fair, the TV GP CMs are usually much worse... (Actually, I hated the CoR podium look, too.) Just my tastes, though...:peekapooh:

14 minutes ago, MrPudding said:

although he looks cute either way... petition for the round glasses, me! :smiley-laughing021:

Me too. :68468287: 

His face is already angular and the square glasses look so harsh and overwhelming on him. The round ones (to me) soften and don’t swallow his whole face.    :67638860:

I loveee the new theme! :tumblr_inline_n18qr5lPWB1qid2nw: Thanks to all the admin team for this awesome banner reminding us olys is super close already lol :13877886:

Happy belated birthday to @liv and @WinForPooh ! :10742289:

1 hour ago, sallycinnamon said:

Some new pictures from Kateigaho :smiley-love017:

Megane Yuzu? I am so dead :13877886: that photo is criminal I tell ya criminal!

52 minutes ago, KatjaThera said:

I guess I might be the exception, but it sometimes annoys me how Japanese media always goes for a perfectly polished Yuzu image. His hair combed perfectly, not a hair out of place, glasses and now that sweater... he looks like a perfect nerd studious boy from the 70s and while I love him - and I love him in glasses - it makes me want to claw my eyes out sometimes lol. The Ghana hot chocolate shoot was probably the only time they didn't give him perfectly combed hair - although the intentional tousled look was a bit awkward in itself; good thing Yuzu made it cute by being Yuzu lol. By comparison, in that video with the pianist he looked awesome and he was somewhat polished there, too, just not so... this lol (That said, I did pre-order that magazine and will get it with the new book... ^_^; ) Also, to be fair, the TV GP CMs are usually much worse... (Actually, I hated the CoR podium look, too.) Just my tastes, though...:peekapooh:

I agree on this cause his murder face during his programs was times when I died for real :10742290: natural yuzu kills me faster, but sometimes seeing him being styled isn't bad either :tumblr_inline_mqt4grU8ua1qz4rgp: